homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, June 17th, 2019 8:31 PM

Email Client Settings

Email Client Settings

There are many email clients out there that can be configured to check your Homestead mail. Below are some links to some popular clients you can use. They have detailed instructions on how to configure each one, with screenshots. If you have another email client which is not listed below, the settings below will work on nearly all email programs.

For IMAP
Username = Email Address
Password = your email password
Incoming server = imap.homestead.com
Outgoing server = smtp.homestead.com
Incoming port = 993
Outgoing port = 465
Turn the encryption/SSL setting to the On position for both incoming and outgoing

Important
: If you experience problems receiving email, you can change the encryption/SSL setting to the Off position, and change the incoming port  to 143 and change the outgoing port to 587

For POP
Username = Email Address
Password = your email password
Incoming server = pop.homestead.com
Outgoing server = smtp.homestead.com
Incoming port = 995
Outgoing port = 465
Turn the encryption/SSL setting to the On position for both incoming and outgoing

Important: If you experience problems receiving email, you can change the encryption/SSL setting to the Off position, and change the incoming port  to 110 and change the outgoing port to 587

If you aren't sure of the difference between POP and IMAP and why you would use one or the other, please click here. If you have a different client and would like instructions, please ask. We will see if we can accommodate the request.

Important Note: Software changes rapidly. If you see a future version of something we are missing, let us know. We will see if we can get it done. Keep in mind, newer versions often look the same or similar. Our settings are not changing, so you may be able to make it work

POP3 Settings
Outlook 2013
Outlook 2010
Windows 10 Mail
Windows 7 Live Mail
Mozilla Thunderbird
Mac Mail OS X(Mavericks)
Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X(Mavericks)
Android Stock Client
Android K-9 Mail
Gmail
Mailbird
Android-BlueMail App
Opera Mail

IMAP Settings
Outlook 2013
Outlook 2010
iPhone/iPad
Windows 10 Mail
Windows 7 Live Mail
Mozilla Thunderbird
Mac Mail OS X (Mavericks)
Outlook 2011 for Mac OS X (Mavericks)
Android Stock Client
Android K-9 Mail
Mailbird
Android- BlueMail App
Opera Mail
Android- Outlook App
Android- Edison Mail App

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled what is my stmp email server? I'm trying to link it to my 17Hats account.

I am trying to link my email from my website to 17Hats. It requires my "STMP Server" Where would I find this information?

6 Messages

• 

160 Points

They told me stmp.homestead.com but it is not working for me

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

There may have been a mix-up. It should be smtp.homestead.com for outgoing. 

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is the mail server that homestead uses for email? My assistant is trying to....

mail server 

8 Messages

• 

246 Points

5 years ago

Yeah I followed these and they did not work

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Are you getting any error messages?

10 Messages

• 

336 Points

4 years ago

I have used my outlook with out issues with homestead for years, it wasn't untill roundcube came in did i have any issues, I installed as per the guide for outlook to the point....a test email doesn't produce favorable efforts
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I have updated the email dns records which will help with some issues. Are you receiving any specif error messages? 

11 Messages

• 

372 Points

4 years ago

Thanks.  Still have the same problem.  I have two addresses in each of my two cell phones.  They are both homestead addresses.  One address works fine in both phones but the other address does not, even with the settings you listed above.  

Any other suggestions?

105 Messages

• 

3.9K Points

You can compare the working settings to the other setting to verify the set up is exactly the same, with the different usernames of course. Otherwise, I am not sure why it would be rejected as these settings will allow you to connect to the server. You can always call into support at 1800-710-1998 and an agent can walk through the email set up with you. 

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

4 years ago

This was very helpful getting my settings corrected and my emails flowing onto my computer again. However I am now told that if I delete the 'incorrect' pop settings that were creating the problem, I will also lose all my mailboxes and mails associated with these settings. so do I just have to live with the constant ! error notification??

105 Messages

• 

3.9K Points

Hello,

If there are incorrect settings you should be able to adjust these with the email client to make the proper connection to our server. If the emails are not showing in Roundcube and you delete the account from the 3rd party email client there is a risk of losing the email that are stored on that server.  

51 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

4 years ago

Directions needed for Office 365

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Here is more information on setting up a domain email in office 365. Microsoft will provide DNS records needed to verify the domain ownership to be added to the advanced DNS.. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/connect-your-domain-to-office-365-cd74b4fa-6d34-4669-9937-ed178ac84515

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 years ago

Why aren't there IMAP instructions for Gmail?

6 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

I am also having problems sending emails thru Quickbooks. The smtp.homestead.com and the 465 outgoing port do not work. Shouldn't it be like smtp.roundcube.com?

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 years ago

can send but can't receive email.

Settings are correct per this guide

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello @charlotte8353,

Do you receive any errors about the email not being able to send?

I can see that there are email DNS records for both Homesteads Roundcube email client as well as for Google mail. With both records present, it may be causing issues with connecting to one server or the other. Please delete the DNS records for Homesteads email of Google from the DNS and try again. 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

I don't understand how to do that.

I have one existing email account, originally through homestead, then somehow changed over or managed by gmail because of homestead's size limit.

That account is fine.

Trying to add an email account for employee.

Do not want to mess up my email account by editing domain center as the instructions are not clear to me.

Is there a tech support number where I can speak to someone rather than a chat board?

Thanks

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Yes, no problem I understand. Support can be contacted at 1-800-710-1998 for more assistance.  

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

MacOS BigSur .... not working.  Tried many many times...... sooooo disappointing.  

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Have you verified all settings are entered exactly as shown in the article? What type of error message do you receive? https://community.homestead.com/conversations/email-support/email-client-settings/5f2a9b2d58180958845d23f0

9 Messages

• 

342 Points

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue, able to receive messages but not send message from Microsoft Outlook 2019, I reviewed the settings and the only error message is sending emails. Says something went wrong, we couldn't log onto the outgoing (STMP) server. But I know the credentials are good because I used them to log onto here to post the message.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, we have been informed and are aware of an email issue. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience while we get this resolved

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

3 years ago

I can get email, but still can't send:

Now I'm getting this message An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: bosauthsmtp15: Host 72.200.27.144: No unauthenticated relaying permitted. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

I've tried every combination of imap and pop listed above. What does this message mean?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If you are getting this message please verify the full email address is entered anywhere is asks for the username or email address. For example, if your email is info@domain.com, sometimes the system will only fill in the word info, make sure to add the @domain.com. If you still have issues connecting, please call in at 1-800-710-1998 and we can help.

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

3 years ago

Just looking at Homestead as an option for a website.  I have an existing site with a email attached to my domain.  Can emails just be ported over?  Or are new email addresses required?

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

3 years ago

Looking at homestead as an option for a website.  I already have a site with a domain related email.  Can emails just be changed over?  Or would new emails be required?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If the email is currently hosted with another provider we will not have an option to import these into our email client. They will need to be backed up and then create the email address within your account to use with us. However, you may be able to continue using the same email client if you want by adding the email mx records to the Homestead dns settings.