POP Email Setup: Outlook 2010
If you aren't sure of the difference between POP and IMAP and why you would use one or the other, please click here.
- Click on File, and then on Account Settings and again on Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, click on New
- Choose Email Account and then Next
- Click on Manually Configure and then Next
- Choose Internet Email and Next.
- Select POP
Enter the following settings:
Incoming mail server: pop.homestead.com
Outgoing mail server SMTP: smtp.homestead.com
Enter your email for the User Name and your email password
Click on More Settings.
- In the Outgoing Server tab, check the box for "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select "Use same settings as my incoming server."
- Click on the Advanced tab, change the following:
Incoming server: 995
Check the box that says "This server required an encrypted connection (SSL)"
Outgoing server: 465.
Choose "TLS" as the type of encrypted connection.
- Click Next
- Both checks should be green. Click Close.
- Click Finish
2 years ago
I keep getting this message while trying to setup with Outlook after running the test. It logs onto the incoming server but I get this message when it tries to send a test e-mail message.