homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Thursday, July 18th, 2019 11:07 PM

Account: Edit/View DNS Records

Account: Edit/View DNS Records
1) Log in to your Homestead account and click on domains on the left side of the account screen.

2) Under the desired domain click on the link Advanced DNS settings. This will bring up the current DNS records for your domain and allow you to edit them if desired.

26 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 years ago

I'm trying to use this for a website and it says "404
Page Not Found :(

Oh, man. Looks like you’re totally lost. Want to go back to the homepage?

What is the process if it is not working?
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

142.2K Points

Hello,

What is the domain you are attempting to edit the DNS for?

26 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

www.legalizend.net and the homestead page is https://legalizenorthdakota.homesteadcloud.com/

When I login it and click domains, it says

"legalizend.net (pointed domain)Site
legalizenorthdakota
Change Site Association

Domain Control
Advanced DNS setting
Delete Domain
Activate SSL

26 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 years ago

and when i clicked advanced dns settings, it says 

A Records HostPoints To1.mx
legalizend.net66.96.142.50
2.mx
legalizend.net66.96.142.51
3.mx
legalizend.net66.96.142.52
4.pop
legalizend.net66.96.135.134
5.imap
6.smtp
7.mail
8.webmail
legalizend.net66.96.135.48
9.email
legalizend.net66.96.135.48
10.*
legalizend.net146.148.102.201
11.www
legalizend.net146.148.102.201
12.@
legalizend.net216.40.47.17
CNAMES HostPoints ToMX Records HostPoints ToPriority1.@
legalizend.netmx.legalizend.net
TXT Records NameValue1.@
v=spf1 ip4:38.113.1.0/24 ip4:38.113.20.0/24 ip4:65.254.224.0/19 ?all

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

5 years ago

Hello,

I have resolved the 404 error and the site is now showing. Were you looking to change the DNS settings? 

26 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 years ago

no it appears to be working now, thanks
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Perfect, no problem. 

5 Messages

• 

424 Points

4 years ago

We renewed our domain name at godaddy. Now we can't receive emails. When I contact go daddy they tell me to have my web sever go to DNS link and check the MX records. I followed the instructions but no luck. Please help.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I see the name servers are pointing to go daddy. You can verify the email records are present in their dns settings or point the name serves to Homestead. 

Here are the DNS settings for Homestead email:

A RECORDS

Host         yourdomain           Points to

mx            yourdomain             66.96.142.50
mx            yourdomain             66.96.142.51
mx            yourdomain             66.96.142.52
pop           yourdomain             66.96.135.134
imap         yourdomain             66.96.135.134
smtp         yourdomain             66.96.135.134
mail          yourdomain             66.96.135.134
webmail    yourdomain            66.96.135.48
email        yourdomain             66.96.135.48

MX RECORDS
Host Type          Points to                     Priority

@                       mx.yourdomain            10

TXT Record

Host Type    Value

@                 v=spf1 ip4:38.113.1.0/24 ip4:38.113.20.0/24 ip4:65.254.224.0/19 ?all

4 Messages

• 

210 Points

4 years ago

Hi there, I am trying to edit my DNS but I don't even see an option under Domain for Advanced DNS Setting. Are you able to help? This is for the domain lifebeyondlavender.com  I am trying to verify it for Google Site so that I can point the domain name to the google site I have built. 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Unfortunately, since this is a brand new account you currently do not have access to the advanced DNS settings until after the first payment is collected. However, if you would like to provide me the txt record I can add that to your DNS settings on my end. 

2 Messages

• 

218 Points

4 years ago

I don't have/see the option to just 'Edit your nameservers.' I do have 'Advanced DNS settings.' I need to change the nameservers to ns1.churchdev.com and ns2.churchdev.com and need some guidance. Do I add both to rows 1 and 2? I don't believe I need rows 3 through 6 as we don't use stores or homestead email. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Robert, 

That domain name is registered with network solutions and editing the nameservers will need to be done on their end. 

1 Message

• 

110 Points

4 years ago

I do not have an "Advanced DNS Settings" option on my account. How can this be quickly resolved?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This domain is registered to another account than the one that you are commenting from. However, I see you called in today to get assistance with this. 

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

4 years ago

I'm too trying to use this for a website and it says "404 Page Not Found :( Oh, man. Looks like you’re totally lost.

The two sites I'm doing it for are...

bric-consultancy.com

ascentdesigners.com

These are both registered with Fasthosts, I followed the process under the 'Use a domain you already own' and changed the Nameservers on Fasthosts' end to ns1.mdnsservice.com ns2.mdnsservice.com ns3.mdnsservice.com as per that process.

Under 'Manage your domains', these both say 'pointed domain'.

I did this about a week ago but the sites don't work.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for this.

I have just gone through the instructions on this page, but it is coming back saying "This domain is already associated with a website account".

I republished the sites but that hasn't helped :(

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, I have reconnected the domains to the websites from this end and they are now both coming up using the domains. 

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Brill
Many thanks

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You are welcome. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 years ago

Hello!  I am trying to add a DNS TXT record as part of utilizing our site with Facebook and Instagram but when I try to activate advanced DNS, it says that my domain nameserver has to be reset to default.

I am leery to do that until I actually understand what it means and what might be impacted.  

Any help appreciated!  JAMart Photography

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The nameservers are pointing to Cloudflare so they manage the DNS for now, the TXT record will need to be added from within that account. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

I tried to register my website with google and edited the TXT records and it didn't work. I then resetting all DNS settings to original defaults, and now my page wont open. www.beavercreekhuntingclub.com

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

It defaulted to the old builder.  have updated the dns to point to the new builder and the site is now back up. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

awesome thanks so much!!

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

@michelle_c Could you please check mine as well? I just switched it from the old builder to the new and am getting the 404 error code through Google. 

www.fivestarservicesltd.com

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

142.2K Points

@jeff6845 That site is working on my end. Are you still getting a 404 error?

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

@elyzabethv It's all set on my end! Thank you so much for checking, have a great week!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

3 years ago

I've always had issues with my email getting bounced back but it is happening way more frequently now. Specifically in the last couple weeks. I am having to call my customers to confirm if they've received my emails. obviously, not ideal. Reading through these posts, guessing I have some DNS settings issues. I'm not really sure I want to tackle this myself and really screw something up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I did review the DNS and there were outdated settings that needed to be updated. I have updated these settings and it will help emails reach the recipients.

If you still receive any bounceback messages after this, please send the headers of these messages so we can investigate further. 

12 Messages

• 

230 Points

2 years ago

I edited my Advanced DNS TXT records in order to authenticate our domain at Homestead (nhcsi.org) to maximize deliverability at MailerLite. After changing the records, I found out that I had done one incorrectly and after more than a week, I do not see an edit button to change them back to what they were. How can I restore them to what they were?

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

142.2K Points

Hello, 

One of the records that you input is very long, so it has extended the width of the page. You can either use the side scroll bar at the bottom of the page to scroll to the right to see the edit button or reduce the zoom of your browser until you can see the button to edit. 

11 Messages

• 

438 Points

8 months ago

When I follow these instructions, all I get is a list of my monthly billing payments. I click on domains and get to account information only. 

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

142.2K Points

Hello, 

This is because your account is past due. Once your bill is paid, you'll be able to access the DNS tab. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 months ago

Hi, 

I am trying to show an external website on http://rescueprofessionalstowing.com/ but I can't see it populate. I believe I have updated the correct A records. Is there another setting I need to update? 

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

142.2K Points

Hello, 

No, I can see the 3 records are in there on our end and look correct to me.