You may receive a bounceback when sending emails to domains with a *.mil and/or *.gov domain. To resolve this, you need to add a DKIM record.
Homestead doesn't support DKIM records, so you will need to use a system like Cloudflare.
The DKIM record can be added as a CNAME.
To add this record:
- Add a CNAME in the Cloudflare DNS tab like this:
points to: cur.dkim.v.eigmail.net
Turn the cloud to DNS Only (grey)
Click Add Record
- Go to https://mxtoolbox.com/DMARCRecordGenerator.aspx , put in your domain name, and click "Check DMARC Record". You will see a page with this information:
Set the options to
For Personal Choice, you can choose to put your own email or not.
1) Do not enter your own email address and you may not realize if there is an issue or not as you chose not to be notified.
2) Enter your address and you could get a ton of emails, especially if your mail is compromised or spoofed.
- Click Finalize Record at the bottom. This will generate a new suggested TXT record that will need to be added to your domain's DNS as a TXT record. That will look similar to this:
Save the Hostname and Value generated under Suggested Record
- Go into the Cloudflare account, under the DNS tab and add a TXT record.
Enter the Hostname where is says "Name"
Enter the Value where it says "Click to configure"
Click Add Record.
You will need to wait up to 24-48 hours for propagation.