homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:39 PM

Account: Delete a Domain Name

Account: Delete a Domain Name

You can remove a domain from your account. Before you delete your domain, there are a few things you should know:

• Any email messages or email addresses associated with your deleted domain will be lost. Therefore, we recommend that you delete your domain only if you can easily spread the word that your email addresses have changed. Also, we recommend that you back up any important email messages.

• If your domain name is associated with a WebListings upgrade, log in to the WebListings dashboard (at http://business.intuit.com) and update your business profile. Change the domain name listed in the Customize Profile and WebListings tabs to another website address and save your changes before submitting your domain deletion request.
    • We do not provide refunds for prepaid services. So, if you have paid for this domain name as an upgrade, you will not receive a refund for the setup fee or your subscriptions fee for this domain

Warning: Deleting your domain is final. All emails associated with the domain will be lost when you click delete a domain

To delete a domain

1. Click Domains on the left.

2. The Domain Center will open with Manage Your Websites Domains expanded.

3. Find the domain you'd like to delete. Then, in the Domain Control area, click Delete Domain

4. Read the important information about deleting your domain. Then, click to select the checkbox acknowledging you've read and understand the important information.

5. Click Delete Domain
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

You can remove a domain from your account. Before you delete your domain, there are a few things you should know:

• Any email messages or email addresses associated with your deleted domain will be lost. Therefore, we recommend that you delete your domain only if you can easily spread the word that your email addresses have changed. Also, we recommend that you back up any important email messages. Read this post to find out how to back up emails.

• If your domain name is associated with a WebListings upgrade, log in to the WebListings dashboard (at http://business.intuit.com) and update your business profile. Change the domain name listed in the Customize Profile and WebListings tabs to another website address and save your changes before submitting your domain deletion request.

• We do not provide refunds for prepaid services. So, if you have paid for this domain name as an upgrade, you will not receive a refund for the setup fee or your subscriptions fee for this domain

Warning: Deleting your domain is final. All emails associated with the domain will be lost when you click delete domain

To delete a domain

1. Click Domains on the left.

2. The Domain Center will open with Manage Your Websites Domains expanded.

3. Find the domain you'd like to delete. Then, in the Domain Control area, click Delete Domain

4. Read the important information about deleting your domain. Then, click to select the checkbox acknowledging you've read and understand the important information.

5. Click Delete Domain

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

As I have tried to delete my site.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I want to delete my website, help me..

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi there!

Please check out the steps above on how to delete the domain. Once the domain is deleted, you can delete individual pages and files from your file manager.

Thanks,
Aubrey

18 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Aubrey - What about pointed domains that were registered elsewhere (GoDaddy). How do you get those removed? I have a few that have expired that I need to have removed from my account.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Good question, Dave! For pointed domains, we'll need to delete them from our end. Please reply back with which domains you wish to delete and I'll take care of them for you.

Thanks,
Aubrey

18 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Aubrey, Thank you for the reply. I ended up finding a post somewhere on here that said similar, so I hopped on the chat client and Rudy hooked me up in a matter of minutes. Good to go and appreciate your answer and willingness to help. Have a great weekend!

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

You're welcome! Thanks for keeping me posted :)

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I have two websites, how can I delete one and keep the other one.
J.R.

Have two need one..

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

HI James -

It looks as though you have 2 domains associated to the same website, so please check out the post above on how to delete one of them.

Thanks,
Aubrey

4 Messages

• 

220 Points

I have 2 domains associated with the same website. If I delete one of the domains, will the website be affected?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can delete the extra domain from the domain manager inside of your account. If you delete a domain, any links or search engine ranking will be lost.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@james_r2641​ HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

2 Messages

• 

186 Points

11 years ago

I have 2 domain names- the original and then the second one is pointing to the first one. We changed names and no longer want to use the first one. How do I delete it without affecting the second one?

Deleting my original domain name to only use the second one?.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

how can i cancel my add ons in my billing under outstanding balance i made a mistake to add another url and need to take it off! My credit card could not get charged cause i did not put money on my card yet

Please Help.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Company name change.

I have changed my company name and need to change my web domain as well. I have added my new web address to my account but need to delete the previous one. How do I do that?

3 Messages

• 

214 Points

11 years ago

Unused domain do not want to auto renew.

How do I cancel a domain I don't use from auto renewal? Don't want my domain anymore.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

can i switch domain to a new one?.

i want to keep my account but am no longer associated with the group i created web page for. i want to change web page and have new domain

13 Messages

• 

558 Points

11 years ago

How do I cancel a website.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

How do I change my url? or delete the one I have and start all over.

I want to delete my domain (url) and create a new url but I only get this message We are unable to delete your website because you have a domain name associated with it. Visit our Help Center for more information on deleting a domain or changing your domains site association.
Are you sure you want to delete the following website and ALL the pages and files associated with it? it is now bobatlexpokernewsandinformation,com I want to change it to bobatlex.net, also it has hstrial in front of it, will that go away after the trial period?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It sounds like you are on the wrong screen. Deleting a domain is different than deleting a site. Follow the steps above, and let us know if you run into problems.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

I want to delete this domain name RETAILGOGREEN.COM.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Changing web address.

Hello, I am fairly new here. We are updating our website and scope of work and feel it would be a better fit to change one word in our company name, which means that we would also have to change the web address www.______.com {not sure if I am using the correct terminology} I am already paying for one domain and don't want to pay for another. I simply want to change the name. Can someone please help?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hello Mike6640, Since you can't edit a domain name after it's been registered, you actually have to delete the domain from the account (see instructions above), and then register the new domain. See instructions on this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If you delete the old domain first, then you can the additional domain upgrade.

Mike.

5 Messages

• 

206 Points

10 years ago

OOps, I registered the wrong domain name for my Homestead website.

How do I change the domain name I registered for the new site I'm building with Homestead. I made an error when naming it and only discovered this after I'd confirmed by email to you?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Patricia5136,

Sorry but wants a domain registration is done, the domain name can not be edited. The only thing you can do is delete the misspelled domain and then register the new/correct one.

Mike

5 Messages

• 

206 Points

Thanks Mike, I shall do that,

Patti

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

OK... let us know if you have any other questions or problems.

Mike

5 Messages

• 

206 Points

Hi again Mike, I deleted the incorrect domain name okay and registered the one I wanted but didn't receive a VERIFCATION email afterwards. At least not yet, 24 hours later, so I went to the page suggested in an acknowledgement email I got and did as required but there were two more steps I was supposed to take and these didn't come appear for me. So now I'm not sure if my site will be available on line. A second issue is that I named my Home page, Index, with a capital 'i' and don't know how to change the page name if I need a small 'i' instead. Can you help with these two issues?

Thanks

Patricia

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Is this the correct domain? shambalashoponwheels.com
This one was registered yesterday. 

It won't hurt anything having "index" named "Index", but if you want to change it you can use the "save as" option to rename the site except you'll have to do it in multiple steps.

1. rename "Index" to "index2". 
2. delete "Index".
3. rename "index2" to "index"
4. delete "index2"

Be sure to save & publish in between steps, so that a copy gets saved on the server.

If you have any problems let us know.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled domain issue.

i have a domain name is  associated with my website but it will not allow me to make it my primary domain.and it changed the spelling of my domain i am requesting and do i contact intuit or homestead about this issue. 

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Changing Domains.

Hi,

I want to change my domain from a .com to .ie. I own both of these domains and have added the .ie as a subdomain which is currently redirecting to the .com website. How can i change this so the only URL being used for this website is the .ie one?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

AJ5179,

You can delete the .com, but keep in mind that any links from search engines or bookmarks on individual computers will no longer work, so you could potentially see a drop in traffic if many people use the .com, or you have a good number of backlinks to the .com