M

38 Messages

• 

484 Points

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024 12:01 PM

Closed

Screwed up website with               characters

PLEASE HELP. This happened a few years ago, these               showing up all over my website www.dougriggs.org

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Strange Characters on Websites

107 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

29 days ago

Same here, multiple  is on every page of my website www.masterclassmanagement.com

24 Messages

• 

390 Points

same here happended to me yesterday - is homestead for real - I have been using this for 20 years now and of late having nothing but problems with site builder and site builder plus. This is ahtml problem where the space has been replaced with  Â 

304 Messages

• 

9.1K Points

29 days ago

Same here, this needs fixed NOW!

7 Messages

• 

110 Points

We have been hacked too all A A A  A  . What are you doing about it Homestead ?? www.hampsteadkarate.com

29 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Having the same issue. Talked to two different reps today by phone.  Both said they have no idea when it will be resolved and suggested it's because my website is old and on their old platform (http rather than https) - that the issue is with their old platform, and that a solution is for me to build a new website in the new platform.  

I just visited your site, and I don't see any A's.  Did you manage to fix it yourself?  Or did Homestead resolve it?  Also I see yours is https (on their 'new' platform?), so it must be a more system wide issue than what they told me. 

25 Messages

• 

382 Points

kathy5473, I just visited stephen9496's site, and the A problem is definitely still happening on it.

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

Got the same problem on 3 of my websites with them...I called and the person in India said they were working on it. Now I see complaints from a month ago!!.  3 websites full of stuff for 20 years and can't rebuild. www.chs1959.com, www.azsurvivors.com, www.raylindstrom.com

6 Messages

• 

90 Points

29 days ago

Same here. This is my classroom website. I've been with Homestead since 2001. Disheartened doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. www.mrsdingman.com

304 Messages

• 

9.1K Points

Given recent operations on this help page, it is doubtful anyone will be here to help soon. I have gone into my site and have been able to "fix" some of the "A" errors on one page. It would take literally days to fix them manually.

Luckily, retirement is coming for me soon.

2 Messages

• 

60 Points

29 days ago

Our website is experiencing the same problem.  Every page has A's and a's on it. Need to fix it, but how?

10 Messages

• 

100 Points

28 days ago

There is no time given for a fix.  Their solution is to rebuild the website.

304 Messages

• 

9.1K Points

Well it looks like some of my pages are clearing up on thier own. It would be nice if someone jumped on here and spoke to us.

10 Messages

• 

100 Points

Mine are not clearing up.  I was able to add a line that the website was down and added an email at the top in a bold red.  Awful mess.  

304 Messages

• 

9.1K Points

It is crazy, I have been going to other computers here and trying sites over and over. Every once in awhile a site will look good on IE and Chrome. Firefox has stayed steady all morning, sites are rendering just fine on it.

10 Messages

• 

100 Points

I created another site.  Spent too long doing it, at least it is better then what was there.  I did call them for assistance in how to switch but not that hard.

29 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

@robyn3691​ Was the new webbuilder as user friendly as Sitebuilder?  I assume it must be, if you have already been able to create a new site. 

4 Messages

• 

100 Points

28 days ago

I have the same problem.  Been a customer since 2010.  I have never had so many issues as I am having now!  Please respond!

304 Messages

• 

9.1K Points

How I miss the old days...I started back in the 90's when it was free and played around with some sites.

I restarted what I have now in 2007 and it was great. Work was fun.

Alas, we have this total disaster of a company that owns it. I cant keep track of all the time it (HS) has been sold.

10 Messages

• 

100 Points

28 days ago

I was able to add a line at the top, website down and added an email for now in a bold red.  this is awful

3 Messages

• 

222 Points

28 days ago

Yes,  I am getting the Same Odd Character,  a Capital  A  with small Cap over it.   Seems to be a  Alternate Special Character  Alt 0194  which I have never seen before  &  have no Idea why this is appearing on my Webpages,  mainly on recently updated pages on my webpage   www.strippittech.com 

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

Got the same problem on 3 of my websites with them...I called and the person in India said they were working on it. Now I see complaints from a month ago!!.  3 websites full of stuff for 20 years and can't rebuild. www.chs1959.com, www.azsurvivors.com, www.raylindstrom.com

35 Messages

• 

730 Points

28 days ago

Same here. Seems like some sort of hack has taken place.  I even tried republishing a page. Even after it has been republished, the same hacked page exists.  Something's up. It's on every page and I must have over a hundred pages.

www.wickedshepherds.com

24 Messages

• 

390 Points

@ken9868​ Hi I have just republised my site - page by page using the "Site Builder" NOT the online version nd it has cleared all spacing being repalced with the A - please try it and let me know how you get on :)

Dn't use the online version to edit - it seems thisis where this HTML issue with spaces and symbols replaced has come from for sure as I have only done edits yesterday with the online builder and this is wen the HTML issue occurred.

38 Messages

• 

484 Points

Won't allow us to download Sitebuilder:

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

7 Messages

• 

110 Points

27 days ago

Then what happened?

38 Messages

• 

484 Points

26 days ago

I'm having to migrate the messed up websites to another provider (Bluehost - and - WordPress - much more reputable companies) but still have to fix all the problems. It's expensive, but since SiteBuilder is no longer supported, this is not the end to the problems we'll have if we continue with Homestead.

304 Messages

• 

9.1K Points

@mark9227​ I agree 100%. I urge everyone to switch. The problems will no doubt continue.

38 Messages

• 

484 Points

@mark9227​ Turns out Bluehost & WordPress are not able to migrate my websites. They are 'too old', and the software running them is incompatible and outdated. Bummer!!

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

26 days ago

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

26 days ago

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

26 days ago

8 Messages

• 

356 Points

22 days ago

And they are telling us to rebuild our entire site instead of them taking responsibility for their own website/host. How about instead we all do a class action lawsuit for how unprofessional all of our business websites look to our customers? This is completely unprofessional to tell us that someone who no longer works here did this. Not our problem. Just fix it immediately! The amount of money we have paid over 10 years to them. We will be suing for all of that back if they cannot manage to get these A symbols out of our site ASAP!

22 Messages

• 

292 Points

Yes, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT...LET'S DO IT!!