homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:37 PM

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Here are instructions to transfer your domain to another provider.

Note: ICANN regulations require domains to be with a provider for 60 days before they can be transferred to a new hosting company. Therefore, you can only transfer your domain name to another host if it's been with us for 60 days.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down to your domain name. There are 4 things you need to do before you start the transfer.

• Edit Contact Info -- Make sure your email address is listed as the administrative contact. The authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or Domain password) will be sent to that email.

**IMPORTANT- IF YOU CHANGE THE EMAIL ON FILE FOR YOUR DOMAIN**
          Please follow the instructions in this article:
          Important Domain Information

• Unlock Domain -- Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked.

• Disable Privacy -- Click Show Privacy Status and confirm it's disabled or off.

• Send Authorization Code -- Click Email your authorization code link. The next page will confirm the email address it will be sent to. Click Send to confirm.

3. Once you've completed all 4 things, your domain is now ready to transfer out.

4. Contact the new provider to start the transfer process with them.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Check out our other Help options".

I never recieved a transfer email from homestead to authorize my domain transfer. after 7 days the email timed out. I got the following directions to follow:
You can contact us if you would like to resubmit your
domain transfer request.  To contact us:

-Login to your account
-Click Help -> View Help in the upper right of the
window
-Click any Help topic
-At the bottom of the topic, click "Check out our other
Help options"

Not sure where are what this link is. Not sure how to get my transfer in motion.

Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Sorry, I merged you into the wrong topic

Please reference the new conversation here: How do I transfer a domain to Homestead

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I extend/renew my domain name registration?.

My domain expires in Feb. 2015. How do I renew?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You begin the transfer at the new host. Then they will renew it for you.

Drew

6 Messages

• 

212 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled start a new domain transfer.

I need to start a new domain transfer and every-time I try to contact someone from homestead, Im put on hold for a long period of time, I cant even reach someone in the live chat. I have to talk to someone from homestead to start the transfer and it is getting ridiculous how hard it is to get help. Im starting to think I need to get a new website creator and cancel my homestead account... This really starting to hurt my business..

5 Messages

• 

412 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need to possibly switch website hosting service. What is the procedure and the co....

I'm looking at different SEO packages with a variety of different companies. All would want to switch to their own hosting service. What is the procedure (in simple terms please) for doing this and what is the cost?  

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Dave0600,

You can do everything to transfer the domain yourself. It must have been hosted here for a minimum of 60 days to be eligible for transfer. There is no cost from the Homestead side for transferring a domain out. Once transferred, you will have to call back and cancel your Homestead account

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I transfer an email account from Homestead to a new company/service?.

Have successfully transferred the website domain from Homestead to Adobe Business Catalyst, but now I need to do the same with the email account/service. I'm not sure how to accomplish this: please advise!

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancelling service.

I have had a site I created on Homestead for a few years and was pretty good - got into google #1 maplisting for my area (the url, that is) I have just had a local company design me a new intertactive site that is now connected with my domain name url. Therefore I want to now cancell my homestead service however ensure that it does not interupt my new website or the domain name, which i believe should not change as I own it.

So basically i want to cancell my homestead service.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to transfer my website to GoDaddy.

I want to transfer my website to GoDaddy. What is the procedure to get the release code from Homestead and how to download my files to upload them on there.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Please see the steps above to transfer the domain to another host. As far as your website, Homestead uses a proprietary site builder to design your website. You would not be able to export the website to use for another provider. You can try and 'rip' you website and see if GoDaddy will be able to host those files, but I can not confirm the compatibility. You can find numerous websites that will do this for you by searching 'rip website' in any search engine. 

6 Messages

• 

284 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Transfer my domain-please issue me a authorization code for the transfer.

i am unable to get anyone here at homestead to help with restoring my website so please issue me an authorization code so i can transfer my domain please

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled domain transfer fail to godaddy.

I keep trying to transfer my domain to godaddy but it keeps failing can you please explain why this is and can it be fixed?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

9 years ago

Jason3541,

Follow these instructions. I checked and at least you need to unlock he domain.

6 Messages

• 

280 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I transfer my website domain to a new host, and transfer my email to Googl....

6 Messages

• 

344 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I transfer my website hosting to another company?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You would need to open an account at the new host and build the site, then transfer the domain to the new host according to the directions at the top of this page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how can i cancel my account.

I like to transfer my site to an other host

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Urbano4223, This topic shows you have to transfer your domain name to another host. The website pages can't be moved as Sitebuilder uses a unique to Homestead system of elements, which will only be recognized on Homestead servers.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

9 years ago

Under domains, I don't see the options for unlocking, EPP, etc.  
Most of my domains are listed as "pointed domain"

I only have one that is not marked as a pointed domain, that one shows me the options to unlock, delete, etc.

Any help would be appreciated

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

If it is a pointed domain then it is not registered with us so the transfer to another host would not apply. This only applies for domains that a registered with us.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hello.

One of the website domains I have administered has requested a transfer to another administrator.... How do I transfer a domain? I have requested the code...now what?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If they are transferring to another host, then they will need to start the transfer at the new host. You would need to make sure the domain is unlocked and privacy is off, and it is best to put their email address in the domain contact info. You'll also send them the code and then everything else should be done by them.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

and WHERE is the code?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The code is emailed to you. Go to the domains tab and under the domain you will see a series of link. Make sure privacy is disabled and then have the code sent to you.