homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:25 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Unpublish a Page

Sitebuilder Plus: Unpublish a Page

Here are some instructions to unpublish a page.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or site name at the top and choose View File Manager.

3. Select the page that you wish to unpublish and click Unpublish in the toolbar.

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are some instructions to unpublish a page.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or sitename at the top and choose View File Manager.

3. Select the page that you wish to unpublish and click Unpublish in the toolbar.

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

I tried this with my site but none of the pages in the file manager appear to be mine!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Can you give us an example? What is the website name, and what are the pages that are not yours?

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

the website is 58westmillburyroad.com

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I took a look in your file manager and don't see anything that is not yours. Can you explain what you are seeing?

1 Message

• 

110 Points

it would've helped to specifically state "click domain name on top RIGHT"!

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

have more work to do to my web site. I had publish an un finish web site.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how can you un publish your site.

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Can you help me unpublished my website. I can't press "unpublished" button

10 Messages

• 

342 Points

Make sure that you select a file (web page) first. The unpublish button will stay grey until a file is selected.

10 Messages

• 

308 Points

11 years ago

I contacted homestead because I was experiencing an issue previewing my website but it seems that the technician published my website and it's not yet complete. When I google search my site I can find it. What can I do to take off the internet?

Website published by Help Desk Assistant!.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Spicy -

Don't worry - you can always unpublish pages so that they are no longer available to view online. Please check out the steps above.

Hope that helps!
Aubrey

10 Messages

• 

308 Points

Thanks Aubrey, much appreciated.

10 Messages

• 

308 Points

11 years ago

I renamed my website and it's still showing as published. How can I prevent persons from viewing the website?

Change website name but persons can still view it..

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Spicy! The tips above should help :)

Thanks,
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do I temp take down a website?.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Neil -

You can always unpublish your site using the steps above. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

11 years ago

How long does it take to come down?

10 Messages

• 

308 Points

11 years ago

Hi Amanee0124,

As soon you unpublished the page in Site Builder Plus, it goes offline. You can preview it from Site Builder to ensure it is offline. Clear you browsers cache and try view the links again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

3 Messages

• 

154 Points

11 years ago

I have a client who wishes to take down her website for a time, but not delete it. How do I go about doing this?

Shutting down a website without deleting it..

8 Messages

• 

294 Points

11 years ago

Is it possible for me to "suspend" or "hide" my published website temporarily from public access until I get it where I'm comfortable with it? I need to make some new changes that may take some time to accomplish. Need an answer soon.

Possible to suspend or hide my published website temporarily?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do you unpublish your site for a few days.

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I created a file and have it published. I don't want to use it now so I don't want to delete it just hold it and use it later.

Holding a web page to view later.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I want to take down my webpage until I fully open up m business. What steps do I need to take?

how do I deactivate my webpage until my business opens?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

11 years ago

Kathy, and Launita,

If you follow the steps above and un-publish the page, it will not delete it. You can then republish it later.

In some cases people want to display a temporary page for their home page. In this case you can rename the index page to something like "index2" and save it with out publishing it. Then create a new index page as the temporary home page and publish it. Then, when you are ready for the original page to go live, just rename it back to "index" and it will override the temporary page.

Mike

9 Messages

• 

490 Points

Hi Mike, I unpublished some pages a few weeks ago and yet they are still showing up in google search. when I click on the page in google search it loads the page. If I click refresh it still loads the page. If I clear my browser cookies and then do the search again the unpublished paged shows up again. I checked in file manager and the page is unpublished. why is this happening? thanks for your help.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

That is because google stores a snapshot of your site and caches it. So, when you click the link from Google you are viewing the cached page.

9 Messages

• 

490 Points

How long does google store it for?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It depends on every site and how frequently they re-crawl the site. It could be anywhere from a couple days to several weeks.

9 Messages

• 

490 Points

Hi Mike, the site that is showing up on the google search engine was most recently cached by google on February 25, 2014. Therefore google re-crawled my website and for some reason is still locating a site that was unpublished weeks ago. Is it possible that there is some glitch in your system? This is a problem because now I have duplicate pages with the same info on google and I am being penalized for this by google and getting a lower ranking. Can you please look into this. thanks for your help.

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

11 years ago

I have 2 pages of photos on the website...not sure if i want to permanently delete it or just hide it from public view....Can I hide a page? thank you Johanna

Hide or Delete - that is the question.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Leggsladi,

You can un-publish the page, which will take it offline, and store it in the file manager so that you don't have to delete it. Just follow the steps above.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I just want to be able to desactivate one of my websites while I work on it
Is it possible?

How can I inactivate my website for a certain amount of time?.