homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 9:09 PM

DKIM Record

DKIM Record

You may receive a bounceback when sending emails to domains with a *.mil and/or *.gov domain. To resolve this, you need to add a DKIM record.
Homestead doesn't support DKIM records, so you will need to use a system like Cloudflare.  
The DKIM record can be added as a CNAME. 

To add this record:

1.  Add a CNAME in the Cloudflare DNS tab like this:

name: dkim._domainkey
     points to: cur.dkim.v.eigmail.net
    Turn the cloud to DNS Only (grey)
    Click Add Record

2. Go to https://mxtoolbox.com/DMARCRecordGenerator.aspx , put in your domain name, and click "Check DMARC Record". You will see a page with this information:

Set the options to 

1)None
    2)Personal Choice
    3)Personal choice
    4)No

For Personal Choice, you can choose to put your own email or not.

1) Do not enter your own email address and you may not realize if there is an issue or not as you chose not to be notified. 

2) Enter your address and you could get a ton of emails, especially if your mail is compromised or spoofed.

3. Click Finalize Record at the bottom. This will generate a new suggested TXT record that will need to be added to your domain's DNS as a TXT record. That will look similar to this:

Save the Hostname and Value generated under Suggested Record

4. Go into the Cloudflare account, under the DNS tab and add a TXT record.

Enter the Hostname where is says "Name"
    Enter the Value where it says "Click to configure"
    Click Add Record.

You will need to wait up to 24-48 hours for propagation.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled problems with cname adds.

No letting me add CNAME records for DKIM.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

Homestead cannot support DKIM records, so here are the instructions if you need to use one.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

My emails (barbara.steele@place-id.com) to clients are sometimes going to spam.  After looking into this, I understand it is because I need to add an SPF record to my domain.  How do I do this with Homestead?

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello, 

If you have an SPF record, it would be added as a TXT record in your DNS:
Account: Edit/View DNS Records | Homestead Community

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Thanks for this.  Sadly, when I select Domains and Advanced DNS settings, I get the following message Domain Manager > Edit Advanced DNS

Advanced DNS Editing Unavailable

Sorry, you cannot edit your advanced DNS settings for this domain here because your domain is not using Homestead nameservers. If you wish to edit your advanced DNS settings, please go to your domain provider and edit them there, or change your domain nameservers to Homestead nameservers.

I am guessing I need to rectify this wit Yahoo.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Ah, yes. If your nameservers are with Yahoo, then that is where you would need to add it. 

9 Messages

• 

264 Points

1 year ago

Why on earth doesn’t homestead support DKIM or SPF authentication so that gmail accounts can be reached post 22 October 2022.

it is shocking that even paying extra for email with gmail (or so Homestead claims) support doesn’t work.

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

5 months ago

Sorry in advance for any confusion on my part. I am using an email marketing service that needs me to authenticate my domain by adding DKIM and TXT records. I understand that I can add the TXT record through homestead, but that I would need to add the DKIM using this Cloudflare method. My question is this: In the steps above, we are told what name and value to enter when adding a CNAME in Cloudflare. So at what point would I add the DKIM record from my email marketing service? (They provided a name and value that I am supposed to copy and paste.) Thanks

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

I discovered the answer to my own question (posting for anyone else who may come across this). Once I pointed my nameservers to Cloudflare, I then added both the records this article outlines, and THEN I ALSO added an additional CNAME record for the DKIM my email marketing service provided. (I realized I was not limited to just one DKIM!)