C

13 Messages

• 

250 Points

Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 3:08 PM

What's CloudFlare, and why doesn't my site work?

Greetings,

My site catemarvin.com isn't working, and I don't know why. I get an error message, and it has something to do with CloudFlare. Is there something I need to do to configure the site correctly in light of this CloudFlare thing? 

Thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

11 months ago

Same here - belarabeach.com.  Had the site over 20+ years, just charged an increased annual fee through homestead and can't edit pages.  Phone number for Homestead 800-710-1998 still correct?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

It looks like you may have accidentally deleted the A record for your website from your domains' DNS at some point. I have added this back and your site should be back up soon. 

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

Thank you!  I have been deleting pictures and didn't realize.  Would this file be listed with my page files or picture files?  Went back to my site and it worked like usual.  

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

It would actually be found through your DNS:

‎Account: Edit/View DNS Records | Homestead Community

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

11 months ago

Hello, 

catemarvin.com is pulling up without error on my end. Are you still getting the message from Cloudflare?

13 Messages

• 

250 Points

Hi Elyzabeth,

I phoned Homestead tech support, and someone was able to fix it. But I have two more sites that aren't loading: lostinthoughtcsi.com and genderdefiant.com. Not sure what's going on. It all seems to have something to do with Cloudflare?

Thanks,

Cate