homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, July 12th, 2019 5:20 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Password Protected Pages

WebsiteBuilder: Password Protected Pages
In WebsiteBuilder, you can password protect individual pages on your site. To do this:

1.  Open the desired site in WebsiteBuilder and select the Pages on the left.
    Then, to the right of the desired page click the 3 horizontal lines and then select Settings.

2. Check the password box and enter your password in the field. Click Save

3. In the list of pages, you will see a small padlock for password-protected pages.
    Publish your site and your page will be protected by the password.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

5 years ago

the Homestead password feature has bugs, it is unstable and keeps changing itself on its own, I hope to figure this out soon. 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

5 years ago

page passwords

5 Messages

• 

186 Points

5 years ago

I am having an issue with what I believe is a cyber attack on my sites protected page. Currently, the page is unavailable, even with the correct password, because of too many attempts. What can I do to solve this?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I see all other pages are working but cannot attempt the protected pages since I do not have the password, have you tried resetting the password?

5 Messages

• 

186 Points

It is working now; I am just trying to understand why this happens for all users.

For example, this situation occurred yesterday, and was what prompted me to post this help request.

Person A attempts 6 times with the wrong password, and receives the error message "You have made too many attempts. Please try again later."

Person B attempts 1 time with the correct password, and receives the same error message, despite putting in the correct password and trying only once.

Person C does the same thing as Person B, and receives the same error message.

What I am wondering is, why did Person A's attempts lock the page for everyone?

Thank you!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

After looking into this and running some tests it does seem to lock the entire website from being able to be accessed by anyone even if they are on a different device and entering the correct password. It is a temporary lock for about 10 minutes and after it opens up again to all visitors. 

I have sent some feedback about this and we are hoping to implement a feature that only blocks that user for the set amount of time. I will keep you updated on any information I receive regarding this matter. 

3 Messages

• 

100 Points

4 years ago

I want to password one page on my website, but I can't get to the spot where I have that option.  See attached - the first picture is how the editing should look and the second page is how it actually looks.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Erik@etcconsultingllc.com

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Pages can be password protected. The screenshots are from both builders we use. To password protect a page in Sitebuilder plus, use the instructions in this article. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-password-protected-pages/5f2a9a82581809588448bad3 To password protect a page in WebsiteBuilder use the instructions in this article. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/websitebuilder/websitebuilder-password-protected-pages/5f2a9b3658180958845e6387

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

I need to password protect a page.  The instructions say to do this:

but my screen lacks that option.  Please help. Is this a feature in a plan I don't have?  Whom can I talk to for help?  Thank you.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This is occurring because the site is utilizing a master template. Under background links and footer you need to select set for this page only, then you will see the option to add a password for the page. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 years ago

My index page keep saving a Password Protection even though I don't want to password protect the home page. Each time I remove it and publish it reverts back to being password protected

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello 

Please review this article for instructions on resolving this:

‎Sitebuilder Plus: Why is My Page Password Protected When I Didn't Add it? | Homestead Community