Sitebuilder Plus: Why is My Page Password Protected When I Didn't Add it?
If you have a page that has become password protected and you never added the password, then it is because the password has been saved in your browser and the browser is auto-filling and adding it to the field. When you save the page and publish, the browser has added the password to the page and it goes online. You will need to enter the password manager of the browser and locate the line for "sitebuilder.homestead.com" and remove it from the list.
- Go to Settings and scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Scroll down to the Password section and click on Manage passwords
- Find the Website sitebuilder.homestead.com and remove it.
- Open Options and click Security, then Saved Logins. Then search for sitebuilder.homestead.com and remove it.
- Once this is done you may have to go back and remove the password one last time and save and publish the site.
This should prevent this from happening again.