homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, March 15th, 2019 9:51 PM

WebsiteBuilder eCommerce: Digital Download

WebsiteBuilder eCommerce: Digital Download

Not all products are physical items that need to be shipped out. Examples of items you might want to sell include e-books, audio files, downloadable images, or any item which can be electronically stored in a file.
If you've written a book or composed music, you can save on the cost of production and shipping by offering the product via download instead. You can offer coursework or informational videos for sale. It requires much less to manage this store, since you don't have to worry about storage and your inventory. You will also never be out of stock. This will also increase your profit. Lastly, digital products can't be damaged in a warehouse fire or flood, like physical products. It is in a cloud-based storage, where it cannot be damaged and cost you money.

When you purchase the store upgrade through Website Builder, you can add digital products to your store.

To add a digital product:

1. When you've added the store upgrade, you'll be able to access your Store Manager by clicking "Store" on the left panel of the builder. Once you're in that Store Manager, go under Products, and choose the option Create a new product (or click the blue plus sign at the bottom right corner).
  2. Select "Digital product"
    Input product details like product name, price, and description.
    Upload the file
    Choose the limitations of the download: Time based or a number of download attempts

3. There are limitations to the size of the file.
    Images can be up to 4MB, documents can be up to 40MB, audio files can be up to 100MB, and Zip files can be up to 1GB. .Dat and .Exe files are not supported.

4. You will see the file name and size after you've uploaded it.
    Add an image, or images, that relate to your product.
    Add a discount, banner, and category if applicable.

Save and Publish these changes.

5. The product will display in your store, the same as a physical product. You could even sell a mix of physical and digital products.

6. Once the customer adds the product to the cart and checks out, they will be prompted to enter in their information, including their email address
    Once the order is placed, they will see a screen that confirms the order and informs them that the confirmation and digital product will be sent to them via email.

7. They will get an email with the link for their download:

**If you have not yet upgraded your site to include a store, and you need to do so, simply log into Website Builder and click on the UPGRADE button in the top right corner of the builder.**

Check out the YouTube video tutorial on this topic! 

Take a look at an example of the eCommerce store! CLICK HERE

7 Messages

• 

702 Points

4 years ago

Can you have a download product and a physical product in the same listing? My product they can choose to have printed and mailed or download. Or would I have to have two separate listings for the same product?

Also, if customers receive their download link from email....hypothetically they could share the link with others and others can download it as well? Right now I have a website that allows you to add variants to a product and then choose each variant as a physical or download. So that if a customer orders my product in printed form it will add to cart and add up shipping etc in the shopping cart. If they choose download it will not charge shipping and it will add to their account that is on the site and they can download it through their account. That makes it more secure and it also logs their IP address. Is this similar? If I have to add products as physical and then have the same products in a different listing as digital, that is going to be a lot of work and use a lot of disk space.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I would recommend setting these up as 2 separate products one physical product and one digital download. As far as having the ability to share the link for downloads, it is possible for someone to send the link and allow another download. The way to prevent this is to only allow 1 download attempt. Once this download is competed the link will become inactive for a others to download the product. 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello

The new builders are all accessed online and will not require any downloading or multiple steps to get to it. I see many sites still on the account and we do not have plans to stop supporting these sites. However, it is recommended to move away from the old builder and use Websitebuilder. If you would like to discuss all available options and get more information on the sites and account, support can be contacted by calling 1-800-710-1998. 

14 Messages

• 

280 Points

3 years ago

Homestead, like every establishment in America is going down the drain. I cannot believe that a company that is hosting several of my websites cannot be reached when we face a problem.  My homestead email that is connected to my website is not receiving any email. I tried to use help and read how I could fix it until I found that I cannot solve it. A technical person has to step in. I called and no one answers you if you choose (1) for technical support. They tell you to use "online chat" on their website, which does not exist, and hang up on you. I am going through an important period in my business, and have submitted a couple of bids to the US government. If the email is not fixed, I might not know if my company is awarded the contract, and I won'[t be able to answer any question that they might ask by email. I NEED URGENT HELP TODAY. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED. MIRANDA H. MUGNIEER, email address having problem with is: president@arabictranslationservices.net.  Can someone jump and help? If I do not get the help I need on time, the cost will be high for me. I spent thousands of dollars on these proposals. Please help. Call ne at 571-623-7333. 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

I'm not sure what number you were calling, but if you dial 1-800-710-1998 you should be able to reach support to get assistance. 

14 Messages

• 

280 Points

Thank you.

14 Messages

• 

280 Points

3 years ago

It will be a good idea if it is displayed on your website. I looked everywhere and the only phone number provided is the Sales number 1-800-986-0058.  The Support label does not have an active link. Could not go anywhere for the phone number.  Thanks again. 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

If you need it in the future, you can find this number under "Help". If you hover your mouse over the word Help, a dropdown will appear that has both the sales and the support number