WebsiteBuilder eCommerce: Digital Download
Not all products are physical items that need to be shipped out. Examples of items you might want to sell include e-books, audio files, downloadable images, or any item which can be electronically stored in a file.
If you've written a book or composed music, you can save on the cost of production and shipping by offering the product via download instead. You can offer coursework or informational videos for sale. It requires much less to manage this store, since you don't have to worry about storage and your inventory. You will also never be out of stock. This will also increase your profit. Lastly, digital products can't be damaged in a warehouse fire or flood, like physical products. It is in a cloud-based storage, where it cannot be damaged and cost you money.
When you purchase the store upgrade through Website Builder, you can add digital products to your store.
To add a digital product:
- When you've added the store upgrade, you'll be able to access your Store Manager by clicking "Store" on the left panel of the builder. Once you're in that Store Manager, go under Products, and choose the option Create a new product (or click the blue plus sign at the bottom right corner).
- Select "Digital product"
Input product details like product name, price, and description.
Upload the file
Choose the limitations of the download: Time based or a number of download attempts
- There are limitations to the size of the file.
Images can be up to 4MB, documents can be up to 40MB, audio files can be up to 100MB, and Zip files can be up to 1GB. .Dat and .Exe files are not supported.
- You will see the file name and size after you've uploaded it.
Add an image, or images, that relate to your product.
Add a discount, banner, and category if applicable.
Save and Publish these changes.
- The product will display in your store, the same as a physical product. You could even sell a mix of physical and digital products.
- Once the customer adds the product to the cart and checks out, they will be prompted to enter in their information, including their email address
Once the order is placed, they will see a screen that confirms the order and informs them that the confirmation and digital product will be sent to them via email.
- They will get an email with the link for their download:
**If you have not yet upgraded your site to include a store, and you need to do so, simply log into Website Builder and click on the UPGRADE button in the top right corner of the builder.**
Check out the YouTube video tutorial on this topic!
Take a look at an example of the eCommerce store! CLICK HERE.