homestead_faq's profileBrand User

669 Messages

• 

44.4K Points

Wed, Nov 16, 2016 6:21 PM

How Do I Make My Website Mobile Friendly?

How Do I Make My Website Mobile Friendly?

Mobile-friendly websites will be at the core of website indexing with Google starting in March 2021. This is very important for sites that are not mobile-friendly.  Read more on this subject here. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/marketing/googles-mobilefirst-indexing/5fcfff4fb763bd30fe15398d

With the new Homestead WebsiteBuilder, all the designs are responsive. This means that they are automatically mobile friendly and you will not be required to do anything more to achieve this, however, you may find that you want to make some changes only on the mobile site. You can access the mobile editor at the top bar of the editor, toward the right, then click on the element you wish to edit. In this case I chose a text box. You will see that while you do not have the ability to edit the actual content, you may change the style and position of the box. This will only affect the mobile version. To get back to the main site editor, push the desktop monitor button to the left of the mobile editor.

For tips on mobile editing, please view this article:

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-editing-the-mobile-site

Responses

29 Messages

• 

32.3K Points

5 y ago

Now that is a neat function.. all looking good so far

32 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

4 y ago

I do not have this ...how do I get this?

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

4 y ago

There are a couple of ways. Log in to your Homestead account and there is an option under where you choose the site to Edit for Duda Mobile. This is free through Homestead, but limited. They also have a paid option.
The second (better) option is to switch to the new websitebuilder. It is a responsive program so your site will render across all platforms. You will need to have the package that allows for more than one site or you can add to your existing package for $2.00/month.
The new builder requires that you rebuild your site, but your existing site will remain up and editable until such time as you switch over to the new one.

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

4 y ago

Where is the 3rd Icon to edit iPad pages? Right now there is just two Icons, 1 for desktop,and 1 for mobile. The mobile Icon only takes care of mobile phones, not the iPad.

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

4 y ago

Have you created a page and then tried to view it on your iPad? There are only the two build options, but since it is responsive it should be showing correctly on your iPad.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

4 y ago

I am trying to locate an iPad. Until then can you tell me if the Home and About pages display ok on the tablet? I notice that on those 2 pages you stayed within the vertical guidelines in the builder whereas on the other pages, you have gone far outside of those guidelines.

Currently the builder has only modes for mobile and desktop editing. Tablets are actually not considered a mobile device. Once I get a hold of one, I will see what I can figure out, but if those first 2 pages display well, you may want to bring the other page inside the guidelines to resolve the issue.

We can certainly look at the idea of having a tablet mode as well for the editor, but that will not be a quick solution if they decide to proceed.

37 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

4 y ago

I've started to mess with the new builder seriously and similar to the ipad problem, I want the site to look fine on browsers when you resize them. It works a little but then falls off when you go to small. It should work all the way down to mobile size. I have a feeling there might be a way to do this, I just don't understand the builder enough but if this is not an option, it has to be. You don't want your site being unreadable on resize. As a matter of fact it works perfectly on this very community site, it should work the same in the builder. If anyone knows how to make this happen, I would appreciate the help.

10 Messages

• 

534 Points

3 y ago

I have been afraid to create the mobile design for my website because I'm afraid it will change the website pages? Will anything on my website change if I use the Duda mobile functions?

8 Messages

• 

314 Points

3 y ago

Hi,
 I followed your directions, but I don't see the option "Add new website" anywhere. Is it because I have the Website Starter Package? We have had it for about 8 years and the only thing I do not like is dealing with Duda. I would like a site that automatically optimizes but I don't want to switch to another host, I just want the new builder. Thanks for your help.

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

2 y ago

I've switched from the dudamobile site for mobile to the responsive design in WebsiteBuilder. After more than 24 hours, Google on the phone is still linking to the m.site. How do I go about updating this?

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

1 y ago

My website is a mess on Android phones apparently. It is great/fine on iPhones. No idea what to do, but I'm sure I'm losing business because of it.

6 Messages

• 

348 Points

1 y ago

I was going to switch to the website builder however, homestead is on the domain address instead of the purchase domain name I use

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

10 m ago

Hi.  

For some reason html code on desktop version will not work in mobile version and vice versa.  Is there a way to use html for either one?  I am stumped by this.  I am currently using html that will fit mobile on desktop and frankly, looks crappy. Lol

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 m ago

what if all I have to use is a Mac?  Are none of these features discussed for mobile vs desktop sites available for Mac users?