homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, July 30th, 2018 10:01 PM

Why Should I Change to Homestead WebsiteBuilder?

Why Should I Change to Homestead WebsiteBuilder?

If you weren't already aware, Homestead has a new editor, Homestead WebsiteBuilder!

The newest editor has some great features that our customers have been requesting for some time. We strongly encourage all customers still using Sitebuilder desktop or Sitebuilder Plus(online) to create a new site from your website's manager page and take a look. This process will not interfere with your current site so there is no need to rush it. Just select any template you like and get started. Utilizing WebsiteBuilder is a way to modernize your website and keep it competitive with others in your industry. It will provide many benefits all around, below is a list of just some of the new features you can use on your site. 

• Amazing new templates that are more modern in design. Providing your viewer with aesthetically pleasing content to browse. 

• WebsiteBuilder is responsive. Meaning, no matter what size monitor or screen someone views your site on, the content and page will conform to fit their screen. Whether they use a desktop, laptop, phone, or tablet they get the best experience on your site.

• Automatically creates a mobile-friendly site, complete with a built-in mobile site editor. A large number of people are browsing the internet from a mobile device. Recent studies show about 56% of online activity was recorded from a mobile device. So, not having a mobile-friendly version of your site may cause you to miss out on all those potential customers.

• Modern and updated photo gallery, with many available options including transitions for a slideshow effect. Millions of professional stock images to browse through and utilize. 

• A huge feature our customers were requesting, Dropdown menus! Allows you to create subpages under one parent page or category.

• Save history at your fingertips-no need to call Homestead to revert to any save point in your site history. 

• Optional: eCommerce upgrade ($9.99). New and improved, which makes it easy to add products and sell through our online shopping cart. 
    Check out an example store herehttps://www.homesteadcommunitytest.com/store

• Free and automatic SSL or security layer for your site. This is displayed as the padlock in the top address bar.   It ensures the visitor to your site that you have a safe and secure website. Giving them peace of mind that any personal information or online payments will not be compromised or used maliciously. As security is becoming more of a requirement by Google and other search engines this feature is essential!

• Faster load time for bigger websites with cloud-based servers. 

Give it a try! Create a new site today and enjoy all the new features!

24 Messages

• 

320 Points

2 years ago

I see ther was an offer to build an current SiterBuilder Plus site in WebsiteBuilder. How to I set this up? I need to get my site mobile friendly. My patients use it to request Rx fefills and more and more are saying they are getting errors. My secretary now knows to tell them to use a computer or a tablet but now many don't even use either one of these.

Thanks,

RMS, MD

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Please call 1800-710-1998 to discuss this service.

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

2 years ago

Hi Robert- the new Website Builder is so much better than sitebuilder.  The "bad" news is that you kind of have to download/copy all the info from your old site and put it into the new site.  The software is totally different so you can't just transfer the pages like in the olden days.  There are great tutorials on all the new tools, since there is a bit of a learning curve but you will be very pleased with the new look and function.  I have done many sites for myself & clients, so if it would be helpful, you or your secretary (whoever will be rebuilding) are welcome to call me and I can help you get started by phone. (too much to type and then there is that lag time)  I am on the east coast so anytime between 9-6 EST is fine.  I think once you get rolling it will be fine. 410-493-4984.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

Where do i donwload the new version? Kind of frustrating to login (after a long time of not updating my website) and find i apparently have an old version. I really need to update the site and make it mobile friendly.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello,
You do not need to download the new WebsiteBuilder editor to use. Simply, you need to log into your account at Homestead.com, click Websites Manager, then select a new website with the WebsiteBuilder template selected. You can always click Add Site to browse for a new template with the WebsiteBuilder and begin editing.

Please keep in mind, there is not a way to convert your existing websites into the new editor.

11 Messages

• 

248 Points

Sorry I didn't see this... I just haven't been doing anything with this for months. I just don't like the new builder. I will have to dedicate a big chunk of time to learning it. 

6 Messages

• 

124 Points

7 months ago

I need a WORKING desktop version to manage my website(s). 

I try to edit my site, after homestead log in, and all I get it hours of bouncing icons white the circle of nothingness spins.

I try to use homestead links for self help and get 404 Page not found, time after time, page after time.

As a Website building/marketing/hosting company, this is looking pretty bleak for their future..

71 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

@melinda9369​ Agree. HOMESTEAD!!! Please listen to your users. We have been with you for MANY years. The desktop version was great! It was user friendly, easy to access, and made it super simple to build our websites. I have several websites with you, and do not have the time to figure out the new Sitebuilder. Have tried many times - it is NOT something I want to do, nor do I have the time to do it!

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@melinda9369​ Sitebuilder desktop is very old. Microsoft doesn't support windows 7 anymore either. You easiest transition is to move on to Sitebuilder Plus. Websitebuilder is a program that is mobile friendly. 

Call: Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

(edited)

6 Messages

• 

124 Points

Assuming that I have windows 7 or below. Good one ha ha.

Microsoft may not support windows 7 anymore, but does this mean that homestead is not supporting Windows 10?

or a MAC?'

if this is the issue, I will also anticipate that there will be homestead combabilities with the mobile devices as well.

Homestead is BROKEN!

Homestead website  navigation will result in

404 page not founds everywhere

Homestead Links that do not work

Features and functions once logged in AS A PAYING CUSTOMER, DO not work.

Wow. my choice of features left looks grim

I can "look at my website" . build a NEW website, and  pay my bill.

I will waste a day playing with customer service passing me around while I lose money

Wish me luck.

I think I am done with this BS software company sell out , in the middle of yet another poorly implemented software data merger.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@melinda9369​ I don't know if new Homestead ownership is the issue or not. I started my website with Sitebuilder desktop. I moved it to Sitebuilder Plus. Now I have a Bigcommerce website. SB+ and Desktop are similar. I don't think you'll have any problems adapting your old desktop website to SB+. They are very similar.

6 Messages

• 

124 Points

@emily5008​ , sadly I don't think writing our problems in a community blog is going to help us. A community blog is usually a customer drowning pool to try to make us "feel important", upsale us, and reap data data from us for marketing.

I will waste a day calling customer support and/or account representative, if they still exist. All unhappy homestead customer, should do the same. 

From what I am observing, it is time to bail. Too many other less expensive options out there 

Move my domain elsewhere & rebuild. 

I hope I am wrong, but I have seen this sad software marketing saga too many times.

I

25 Messages

• 

414 Points

7 months ago

I have been using the new sitebuilder over a year now. For my purposes, it is not nearly as good as the old one. My only reason for switching (and it was a very tedious and time-consuming switch) is that my old site had "not secure" on it.  I do like the photo gallery, but in every other way, the old was far more superior for my purposes. For instance, there is no "comments" option now. This totally changed the purpose of my website. There is no "forms building" option. With the new site, I am no longer visible to Google without making changes that I don't have the technology or time to repair. In short, I am paying for more now and getting less. This seems to be the trend in everything.

I suspect that these new changes are due to the increased use of cell phones instead of computers as well as Google search changes. I'm a good typist, and I believe cell phones are far more susceptible to hackers. 

All this said, I have shopped around for a better program. All considered, I was unable to find anything else that fit my requirements, so I stayed with Homestead. I have found Homestead to be prompt and responsive when I ask questions. I think I use my website in a way that is vastly different than others. I started with Homestead when it was free years ago and I am still here. That must say something in their favor.

(edited)

71 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

@linda5665​ One of the main issues, is that most of us simply DO NOT have the time to "redo" our sites in the new option.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@emily5008​ The fact remains, that the Sitebuilder Desktop software is not mobile friendly. Homestead has built Websitebuilder, a modern program that is mobile-friendly and more flexible. Websitebuilder and SB Plus run in the cloud. Sitebuilder desktop runs on your computer. There are advantages to cloud operations. They can make a program change in the cloud so everyone can access it. If you have problems with your Desktop computer, you may also have problems with the Sitebuilder Desktop software. Homestead has supplied new downloads for Desktop software but you can see that servicing every CPU that needs it could be a huge task. Homestead is a DIY website hosting business, "Do It Yourself". If you want someone else to do it, they have FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962.

HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@emily5008​ It's like mowing the lawn, isn't it? The next week you need to do it again.

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

@emily5008​  YES why can't they get this?  I have a Large site (which by the way seems to work fine on my phone) and I've already had to redo it once when I had to move it from geocities to Homestead.  I have no desire to do it again and no time either.  If they change web site builders they should have make it compatible.   It would cost me a fortune at $150 for 5 pages to get them to do it.   If it's so easy they should do it for a nominal fee, I've had this website here for a long time.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@jamie2888​ What's your website address? What builder are you using?

If it's working, there's no need to do anything.

3 Messages

• 

196 Points

2 months ago

I do not want to create a new website.  I just want to add and correct pages in my current site: www.singading.com.  I cannot log into the site builder to do that.

Susan Swenson

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@susan_swenson

I changed to Sitebuilder Plus because there are many problems using the desktop version. You'll find no support for the old Desktop version of sitebuilder.

You can log in to the SiteBuilder desktop app by clicking Login on the SiteBuilder homepage and entering your email address and password. You can also log in using your sitename and password, such as http://sitebuilder.houstonshost.com/sitename/login. You can also create a shortcut to this page on your desktop by dragging the icon in the address bar. 

MAKE YOUR SITEBUILDER PLUS WEBSITE SECURE: Cloudflare can be used to add a free SSL. Please refer to these instructions. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https/5f2a9b1658180958845a60de.
If you're having trouble with the Cloudflare setup, you can always call for assistance at 1-800-710-1998.

How to add a new page using Sitebuilder Plus:
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-add-a-new-page/5f2a9a82581809588448b1b1

HOW TO DUPLICATE A PAGE:
Select the page you want to duplicate > Select "Save As" rather than "Save" > Record the new page name for the duplicate.

HOW TO CENTER THE SB+ WEBSITE:
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-center-website/5f2a9a88581809588449751e

3 Messages

• 

196 Points

2 months ago

Please, I just want to edit the current pages and add a new page to my website.  I cannot access the page to do that.  A person said she received a warning that my website is not safe.  I am having problems just logging into my account.

24 Messages

• 

320 Points

2 months ago

I was never able to resolve all the issues using the original Site Builder so since I had to start ove, switched to Stripe and now have a site that functions properly. I hated abandoning Homestead but it just didn't match our needs for HIPPA compliance.

RMS,MD

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 months ago

I just want to compliment you guys on your new Website Builder. I find it very easy to use. Even easier than Sitebuilder Plus. The websites I create come out looking great and people compliment me often. I would say to others that are transitioning that it is worth their time to learn the new platform. It didn't take me long to learn and once I did I found out it had many new and easy to use features.