homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:36 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages
Here are some instructions to rename a page:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Go to the page that you'd like to rename.

4. Click the down arrow next to Save in the top toolbar and select Save As from the drop-down menu.

5. Rename the page to what you would like it to be called and click OK.

6. Save and Publish.

Note:
  • Doing a save as duplicates the page so it would be wise to delete the original page from your file manager. Learn how to delete a page.

• Renaming a page will break any links that were going to the original name. We recommend you update your site navigation menu to reflect the new page name and page link. Learn how to Edit the site navigation menu.

12 Messages

• 

546 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I changed the name of a page on the navigation menue but it does not change on the View Page drop down?.

I changed the name of a page on the navigation menue but it does not change on the View Page drop down? I saved it and went to preview. The new name is on the navigation but when I click on the name it comes up with an error.  

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Follow these instructions to rename the page itself.

Thanks

Drew

12 Messages

• 

546 Points

Thanks Drew, it worked!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I change the wording of the link to a page?.

For instance, I would like to change "/contact.html" to "/DOY2014.html".

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Robert6966,

This is how to rename a page

Drew

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP! Im trying to redirect my "home page" to a newly created page..

HELP! Im trying to redirect my "home page" to a newly created page. I followed instructions on a post about changing the index page, by deleting the old etc. Well now when I search and go to my website it says page not found. Please help me with a domain re-direct or something. I have all of my pages but don't know how to change what the web address is pointed to.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi volunteers9138,

Rename the page you want to be the landing page to index, using these instructions.

Thanks

Drew

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't rename web page in file manager.

I made a new web page. It was automatically titled "Untitled". I go to the file Manager to give it a proper name but the "Re-name" is greyed out for that Web Page. How do I re-name it?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

michael2782,

For pages, you will use the Saves As option to rename.

Drew

3 Messages

• 

184 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled rename .xpf file.

When I created a new page, I accidentally misspelled the word conctete instead of concrete. How do I rename an x.pf ? I can change the page name in page settings, but am unable to rename the .xpf

12 Messages

• 

436 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copy entire page & paste entire page.

how do I copy entire page

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello Jan,

You would do the same steps as above and it will make a copy of the page under a new name. 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled change index page.

I deleted my index page and want to make an existing page my index (home) page, how do I do this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

These instructions should help you rename the desired page to index.

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i want to rename page in index file.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello

Please see the article above for instructions to rename your pages. The website will require an index page or the website will not pull up

16 Messages

• 

826 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I change the "page view" name from products to the name of the page?.

How do I change the "page view" name from products to the actual name of the page in my navigation bar?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Please see the article above for steps on renaming the page. 

9 Messages

• 

376 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled change the title of a Webpage.

I would like to change the title of a Webpage to reflect the same thing I am putting as the Page Name (in the Page Settings). I know how to change it in the navigation menu, but that does not change it in the file itself or what appears in the address bar.

For example, I named my page Cindy's Speaking Topics, but afterwards realized that apostrophe's don't show up so it looks weird and will be difficult to direct people to. I changed it in the Page Name so the tab shows Speaker | Cindy Nicolai but the address still shows the ...Cindy-s-Speaking-Topics .

How can this be changed? Can I go into the File Manager and change the name? I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

9 Messages

• 

376 Points

Thank you! You guys are very patient with me as I set up my Website. I am sure I will have more questions for which you will have the answers.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Review each program icon. Highlight items on your page and experiment with the text settings, image setting and the menu settings. Try the different options and see what they look like. You can always change it back. There's allot you can learn on your own if you study.

6 Messages

• 

204 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled what if i changed the page name after i finished my web page. how can i get it to....

my page wont publish. I did have to change my link name because of misspelling. so my page name and page title don't match. how can I change to original page name? so that I can publish this

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

You would rename your page as shown above.

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to change an original page name?.

I changed a page name on my navigation bar now I want to change the name of the page it points to. The page is called shout out but I want to rename it photo gallery. I have the shout out page created already I need to change its name to photo gallery.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

9 years ago

Select page setting>enter the new name "Page Name". You may want to browse through the editor and review each icon. Try them to get acquainted with what's possible and get familiar with sitebuilding.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can I create a new template page from one of my existing pages?.

can I create a new template page from one of my existing pages?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Dale7284,

You can use Save As to make a copy of the page, just don't delete the original. Some people will remove all the content that is unique and have a page called template or newpage. Then, when adding a page, just go to it and Save As the new page and build it.

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I duplicate a page.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You should be able to do this by re-naming the page as shown above. This will create a second copy of the page under a different name.