homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, April 15th, 2019 10:20 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Adding HTML

WebsiteBuilder: Adding HTML
Every aspect of your website is comprised of HTML code. For most content you will have on your website, we've done the hard work for you. The code is written for all of the most common elements that you could want to place on your website like text boxes, buttons, social media elements, and much more. The code is also already written for the functions that these elements can perform. This is done in the background of the builder and is not anything you will ever have to deal with. However, if you want a different element than what is already available in Website Builder, you'll need to get 3rd party code to tell the builder how to achieve this. We cannot provide code for you, nor can we troubleshoot it, but once you have the code, it is very easy to add it in Website Builder.

1. In Website Builder, click on Elements > HTML/Page Embed > Embed HTML. This will place an HTML element on your mouse. Click to place it. 

2. Once you've placed the element, click Embed HTML. This will bring up a screen that allows you to paste the code. 

3. You can either add Body HTML or Header HTML for that page. The company that provided the code for you should be able to specify which one you should use. Homestead would not be able to tell you which one to use. 
    Click in the space underneath Body or Header HTML and you should see a blinking cursor indicating that you can type. Paste your copied code. 

4. Once you have your code pasted into that element, click OK.

5. You will now be able to see the element as our builder reads it. 

If the HTML code isn't working we suggest contacting a developer to have that fixed.

We do NOT troubleshoot HTML coding and cannot fix any issues that may arise from bad HTML coding.

You can also search for some form of Code Validator to check your code validity.

55 Messages

• 

766 Points

3 years ago

is there a place to enter the html so it appears on all pages?

thanks

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Site HTML can be added under manage> advanced> site HTML. However, if it is an HTML widget it will need to be added on the page. It can be added to a header or footer section or turn on the setting to show on all pages. 

55 Messages

• 

766 Points

3 years ago

Thank you

8 Messages

• 

778 Points

2 years ago

its june 2022 and html embed is not working.......its not the code.  I took the same code and loaded into my wix.com website and it worked perfectly.  Homestead techs  like to blame the html code but the fact is......it's homestead's crappy system...and its getting worse.  I seriously think its time to pull the plug from homestead.....and this froma customer who has had a homestead account for 15 years.    grrrrrrr.

8 Messages

• 

148 Points

@russ3073​ I am dealing with the same issue after I paid to have my site duplicated to save time etc. -NOT- Unfortunately I have been a long time customer also and have found out the hard way they do not know what the hell is going on at Homestead...one issue after another to get what I paid for completed and every excuse as to why it was delay after delay. Now I have to figure out the HTML and see this comment...damn...what the?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Are there any limitations to the type or size of the code?  I want to add some json-ld FAQ schema to the head section.  When I paste in the code, the submit/save button is grayed out and it won't allow me to submit it.  

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

There aren't size limitations, but there might be limitations on type. I am not familiar with "json-ld". 

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

@elyzabethv​  JSON-LD is the standard language used for schema markup.  I'm trying to add FAQ schema.  Schema Markup has been highly recommended by Google for several years now. https://wordlift.io/blog/en/entity/json-ld/#:~:text=JSON%2DLD%20is%20a%20lightweight,in%20a%20Web%2Dscale%20environment.

I've actually added it on one of my older Sitebuilder sites, but on one of my newer Websitebuilder sites, it won't seem to accept it. 

(edited)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Unfortunately, we cannot troubleshoot if the code doesn't work.