kirk8006's profile

39 Messages

• 

1K Points

Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 4:03 PM

Email ending up in clients Junk folder

Hi guys, I've recently discovered that our Email is ending up in the Junk folder of various recipients. I haven't altered or changed anything and this has only just started happening in the last 4 weeks or so. All Email is sent from within Homestead Email login.

Any idea what could be at fault? It has caused confusion recently with people who we Email fairly regularly, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

4 years ago

Hello,

Sometimes if the email DNS settings are outdated this can occur. Please review the advanced DNS settings and verify the records are up to date. They should match the settings here. Also, ask the recipient to add you to their contact list and this can help the emails come to the inbox.

39 Messages

• 

1K Points

Thanks Michelle, I'll have a look later and check that all is as it should be. Cheers

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem. 

39 Messages

• 

1K Points

Hi Michelle, 

I updated the DNS setting a few weeks back as you mentioned but it has become apparent that nothing has changed and our Emails are still going to Junk folders of customers and potential customers.

I really need to try get to the bottom of this, we are potentially missing out on potential sales and such as my replies are seemingly not getting through. 

I have taken a quick snapshot of the DNS settings as they are now, please could you let me know if something is a miss. Thanks in advance. 

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The DNS settings are correct and the server is delivering the emails. However, there may be a security or spam filter on the receiving server that is flagging the emails as potential spam or junk and causing it to land in those folders. This can be for a number of reasons such as the content, verbiage in the body, information in a signature, and others. To be thorough and as Homestead does not control the receiving server we can not diagnose the exact interruption, the recipient will need to have their email team investigate and clear the email address as legit and have the emails not be flagged.   

39 Messages

• 

1K Points

Hi Michelle,

We haven't changed anything and we've never had this trouble before (over 15 years with Homestead). We have an array of people we Email from general enquiries to our Bank manager. 

This has now become a problem for us, it is evident very important Emails are not being received by a selection of people. Today our local council finance department haven't received a reply we sent back in July and again today. This is causing great confusion and a lot of trouble. 

Is there anything else that could be at fault? Please if you have any idea I would be grateful for any help/advise. 

I'm basically going to have to go get a random Email account up and running from somewhere as we can't go on like this. 

We have 3 Email addresses within this Domain and they are all playing up seemingly. Some people receive our mail and other don't 

I have tried ticking options such as high priority and sent receipt but this doesn't seem to help. 

Thanks in advance