homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:37 PM

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Here are instructions to transfer your domain to another provider.

Note: ICANN regulations require domains to be with a provider for 60 days before they can be transferred to a new hosting company. Therefore, you can only transfer your domain name to another host if it's been with us for 60 days.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down to your domain name. There are 4 things you need to do before you start the transfer.

• Edit Contact Info -- Make sure your email address is listed as the administrative contact. The authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or Domain password) will be sent to that email.

**IMPORTANT- IF YOU CHANGE THE EMAIL ON FILE FOR YOUR DOMAIN**
          Please follow the instructions in this article:
          Important Domain Information

• Unlock Domain -- Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked.

• Disable Privacy -- Click Show Privacy Status and confirm it's disabled or off.

• Send Authorization Code -- Click Email your authorization code link. The next page will confirm the email address it will be sent to. Click Send to confirm.

3. Once you've completed all 4 things, your domain is now ready to transfer out.

4. Contact the new provider to start the transfer process with them.

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled doman name?.

how do I transfer my doman name?

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

8 years ago

I am trying to transfer the domain to godaddy on one for someone that is taking over the domain. I unlocked it and provided the code and provided the transaction key. Go Daddy keeps telling me I need to change the IP address to 72.167.191.69. I took a guess and changed the A record? I have never needed to do this to transfer out. Any help?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It sounds like they want to point the domain prior to transferring. It is not required as part of the transfer. If you were able to change it then it should be fine. It can't be changed once the transfer has begun. The only requirements are unlocking, removing privacy, and providing the authorization code.

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

Okay thanks. So I changed the A record, so then I should be good? www.cdrsinc.com 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It looks good. They need to start the transfer at the new host and when asked, enter the authorization code.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

thank you so much

8 Messages

• 

362 Points

8 years ago

I cannot find the unlock for my domain. Where is it?? I have followed directions but can't figure it out. I need to move it to Netfirms. pittandhobbs.com

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Erin, your domain is not hosted with us, it is pointed to us from Netfirms. If you wish to transfer from them, you will need to contact Netfirms.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

I'm trying to transfer out a domain, but clicking on "Domains" leads to the accountBilling page. Do I need to call after the holiday to change the lock, privacy, etc? (faithfulguardiancare.com) - Thanks!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It looks like you got this done with support.

4 Messages

• 

1K Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I get the info necessary to move me web domain to another company? Site w....

Chat doesn't work, they don't answer. I need to move my web domain to a different carrier. I need the info asap!!!!!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

How do I keep my domain name when I have to shut down for awhile

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can switch to a domain hosting account. It is only $14.99/year, but it will require that you delete the existing website. How long do you need to shut down for?

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to transfer the bridgermountainhog.org domain to arvixe for web host....

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 301 redirect.

I need to redirect all traffic from my Homestead site to another website. How can I implement a 301 redirect?

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I am trying to transfer domain to Godaddy, Though I am trying to perform the confirmation and do not know where that is located through homestead portal. I also tried the Auth code but i need a transfer code. How can i transfer my domain to Godady?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The auth code is all you should need to transfer the domain. Did you start the transfer at Godaddy? If so, did you get a request to enter the auth code? If so, that should do it. If they are asking for am additional code, then that is something they will have to give you. The auth code is the only code required by ICANN.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

They stated that they are waiting for approval from Homestead to release the domain. Everything else has been completed.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Do you have an email confirming the transfer request? If so, there should be a link that says click here if you want to cancel. if you click the link, you actually are presented with the option to cancel or immediately approve the transfer. I am sorry, but unfortunately this wording is sent by the registrar and we are not able to edit it. If you don't have this email, then the registrar will release the domain by the required deadline which is 5 days from the start. That should be on July 20th.

4 Messages

• 

210 Points

7 years ago

Following the directions on page one, specifically "Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked." But there is no "Edit Domain Locking" link after clicking any of the tabs on the "Domains" from the left navigation menu. I am instead transferred to the "My Account" page. Are there updated directions for transferring domain?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

StBarts, these are still the correct instructions. In your case it i because the account failed to bill through and so it goes to billing. I have reset it so you can see the domain page.

4 Messages

• 

210 Points

Great. Thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I am trying to transfer my domain to a new host, and am getting the "60 day transfer lock" message.
I believe this is in error as the domain has been with Homestead for several years now.
The domain is unlocked and ready to transfer..
Can you please remove the 60 day lock so we can move it to our new host? Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Did you change the contact information recently? That creates the 60 day lock. Which domain is the issue? I am not able to remove a 60 day lock, but we might be able to help do this through our compliance department

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Hi Drew. Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we did change the contact details. I forgot that would create the lock!
We are happy to wait the lock period out, and transfer it then. If there will be no further issues doing so.
It is for avalonbhpreschool.com
Thanks again.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Nothing else should be a problem. I show the lock expiring in 32 days. I am not sure exactly when during the day the lock is removed, but you should be able to transfer at that time.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I went to 'domains' 
clicked 'edit' under the 'contact info' ...
it shows our contact info, I confirmed the email is correct... 
shows a PIN (not sure for what purpose)
but there is no button for 'Domain locking' or 'privacy settings' so I'm stuck. 

I am trying to transfer the domain to WIX where our new site is ready to launch.  please help!  

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Don't edit contact information. You'd use Domain settings > Advanced Settings> Edit DNS settings

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I want to replace my
rymanbusinesssolutions.com to tealburn.com, I tried everything to transfer and I got a code...I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Also I don't see the below picture.
All I see is this!

Please get back to me right away!

Thanks!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Maria T8733, It sounds like you want to change domain names and not transfer. You don't see those options because the domain is listed as pointed, which means it is somewhere else.

If you want to register the new domain with us, you may do so, but if you want to remove the old domain, you will need to do so through enom.com.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I want to replace  rymanbusinesssolutins.com as tealburn.com. I no longer want to keep the ryman and transfer the tealburn, I don't want to start over!

Is there a way to chat over the internet? I hate the community thing!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

tealburn.com is also registered through enom. If you want to transfer it to Homestead, then please read the topic linked below.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_transfer_my_domain_to_homestead

If you want to point the domain tealburn.com to Homestead, then follow these instructions. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_point_my_domain_to_homestead

Once you have tealburn.com bringing up the website, then you can click the delete domain link underneath rymanbusinesssolutions.com

Unfortunately, we no longer have an online chat option. If you don't want to use community, then go to http://www.homestead.com and call the number in the upper right corner. You can reach a phone agent from there.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi, does anyone know how to transfer a domain out from homestead to be hosted els....

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

I can't find any option for Unlock Domain or Edit Domain Locking in the domain section of my account page.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

I don't see any of those options  Drew... Any advice as I am trying to transfer to Hostgator?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I replied to you in the other topic. Your domain is not hosted with Homestead. We are not involved in the transfer. Your domain host is Yahoo small business.