homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:37 PM

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Account: Transfer a Domain to Another Host

Here are instructions to transfer your domain to another provider.

Note: ICANN regulations require domains to be with a provider for 60 days before they can be transferred to a new hosting company. Therefore, you can only transfer your domain name to another host if it's been with us for 60 days.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down to your domain name. There are 4 things you need to do before you start the transfer.

• Edit Contact Info -- Make sure your email address is listed as the administrative contact. The authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or Domain password) will be sent to that email.

**IMPORTANT- IF YOU CHANGE THE EMAIL ON FILE FOR YOUR DOMAIN**
          Please follow the instructions in this article:
          Important Domain Information

• Unlock Domain -- Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked.

• Disable Privacy -- Click Show Privacy Status and confirm it's disabled or off.

• Send Authorization Code -- Click Email your authorization code link. The next page will confirm the email address it will be sent to. Click Send to confirm.

3. Once you've completed all 4 things, your domain is now ready to transfer out.

4. Contact the new provider to start the transfer process with them.

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Here are instructions to transfer your domain to another provider.

Note: ICANN regulations require domains to be with a provider for 60 days before they can be transferred to a new hosting company. Therefore, you can only transfer your domain name to another host if it's been with us for 60 days.

1. Click Domains in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down to your domain name. There are 4 things you need to do before you start the transfer.

• Edit Contact Info -- Make sure your email address is listed as the administrative contact. The authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or Domain password) will be sent to that email.

**IMPORTANT- IF YOU CHANGE THE EMAIL ON FILE FOR YOUR DOMAIN**
      Please follow the instructions in this article:
      https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information

• Unlock Domain -- Click Edit Domain Locking link and make sure your domain is unlocked.

• Disable Privacy -- Click Show Privacy Status and confirm it's disabled or off.

• Send Authorization Code -- Click Email your authorization code link. The next page will confirm the email address it will be sent to. Click Send to confirm.

3. Once you've completed all 4 things, your domain is now ready to transfer out.

4. Contact the new provider start the transfer process with them.

6 Messages

• 

234 Points

12 years ago

Click Domains in the left navigation menu.
I can't find the click domains anywhere ????

25 Messages

• 

6.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi Matt,

Thanks for asking for more information. When you're logged in to your account, click the word domains. Here's a screenshot for you.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

When I click on Domains - nothing appears. It says I have one unclaimed domain. How do I claim it?

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I'm having a similar issue.  When I click DOMAIN, I get my account summary.  I do not get access to the domain to unlock or make changes.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Tamara6992,

The reason is due to the current status of the account. I have updated the status and the domain tab should be accessible now. 

6 Messages

• 

234 Points

12 years ago

Please help How do I transfer my domain to another host?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I transfer my domain to another host?.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

1. i cancelled my intuit website and it says that Intuit employees will email the directions to transfer my domain if preferred.

My old domain was www.naturalbeauties3.com
i want it transferred to my weebly.com address

do you need an IP address? Please tell me what to do so i can advertise my new site!! thanks a bunch!!

i would like to transfer my intuit domain name to my weebly webite.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

To provide another company with the code for the website since the client wants to change vendors

to transfer domain code to another group.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Matthew -

The thread above should walk you through how to obtain your Authorization code so you can transfer the domain to a different host.

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

150 Points

11 years ago

My domain is unlocked and im trying to transfer it to hostgator. I have done everything that is required on both ends and hostgator is telling me the domain is still locked. but intuit is showing its unlocked.

What do I do? who do i contact?

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

I will be moving my domain shortly and my new host has asked for a change to the IPS tag. Is this something i can do?

How do I change the IPS tag on a domain?.

1 Message

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

I am in the process of transferring my domain to go daddy. Their records show that the admin email adress is kingdomgraphicdezigns.com@contactpriv.... They have emailed the transfer codes to this address and I need the codes to be sent to the only email adress it should have been going to, tanzaytaylor@kingdomgraphicdezigns.com. Thank you!

Transferring My Domain.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same problem. I have privacy turned off and the email still goes to mywebsite.com@contractprivacy.com

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Did anyone have any luck with this? I'm running into the same issue.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Christina0174,

You probably didn't wait long  enough after turning privacy off.  There is a possible propagation time up to 24 hours.  I see you have made the request successfully.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

262 Points

So I didn't find Drew's answer 10 months ago very helpful. Once completing the 4 steps set by Homestead, does the mywebsite.com@contractprivacy.com magically go away within 24 hours so that the information we need to supply GoDaddy.com will go to the correct email address?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

This should go away once the privacy of the domain is disabled in step 2. It should update within 5-10 minutes. 

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How can I move a domain name that is expiring with one provider to a new website I am building? The new website has a different assigned domain name I just used to be able to get the new one started and don't intend to continue.

Switching Domain Name on my Website.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

Where's the left navigation menu "1.Click Domains in the left navigation menu"

Please send the link to the page where the left navigation menu exists.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

"left navigation menu"

please send the site page where this is

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

How do I cancel my website? How long will it take for me to be able to use my domain name with another company?.

How do I cancel my website? How long will it take for me to be able to use my domain name with another company?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Your domain should be eligible for transfer right now. After you transfer the domain, just remember to notify us to close the account.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I want to close my intuit website, but transfer my domain to another site.

I decided to have my site professionally done. I want to transfer my domain to another site. How can I do it?

3 Messages

• 

192 Points

11 years ago

What is the process to move the domain name to another hosting service?.

What is the process to move the domain name to another hosting service
It is impossible to get to customer service for any of your services. Have been happy with the design software, but service is poor.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the I have a question about my domain name. topic.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Sorry if you've had a problem with support. If you need additional help with the domain transfer let us know. The four steps mentioned above are very important. Each one must be done or the transfer will fail.