homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Thursday, January 10th, 2019 9:07 PM

Account: Update Card on File

Account: Update Card on File

You are able to update the billing information from your Homestead account. 

To update the card:

1. Log in to the Homestead account, put your mouse over Account in the top right, and choose Billing & Payments

2. Click the Edit button under Payment Method

3. Fill out the Name On Card, Card Number, Exp. Month, Exp. Year, and Billing Address. Then, click Save

4. You will see a message that says "Congratulations! Your Billing Information has been updated successfully."

28 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

5 years ago

I tried this 5 times and each time the message:- (404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable).
Came back - You will not be paid unless you have this sorted!!
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello,

Your account is active and has no past due balance, but if you need to update your card for future payments and you are getting an error when attempting to update on your end, please give us a call so we can assist you. 1-800-710-1998

28 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Important Requires Action
Yes - Look at my card details it expires this month and nthe February payment will fail - We had this problem last time - if you own website does not work it does not inspire confidence!
I am located in Spain Europe why should I have to contact you because you do not maintain your own website system - one of the most important parts is to receive payment, why make it difficult?
You can contact me 0034 636 698 501
info@watermaid-europe.com
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello,

We do not provide outbound support. If you are unable to call us, I would recommend trying a different browser, deleting all information from the billing, and re-typing the information. We have not seen anyone else getting a 404 error on the billing page, and I cannot replicate this issue, so I would imagine that trying a new browser might help.

28 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

I have now changed from Google to Internet Explorer and still get the same message:-
(404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable)
The fact that you cannot replicate it is of no consequence - I need to change the card details so you can be paid -
Tell me a simple way I can pay for your services rather than the frustration of talking with my bank who tell me it is not their problem!
 End my frustration PLEASE

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I do apologize. We are trying to get your account fixed. At this time, I am not sure why a small number of accounts have this issue, but the engineers are aware and working to resolve the issue.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

5 years ago

LUCIEN

Hello,

I receive Always the message " 404 - File or directory not found. The ressource......is temporarily unavailable"

How can I solve this problel
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello,

I will look into this issue. We have seen a small number of accounts report this error.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

I am dealing with this issue as well ... tried earlier this week from 2 different computers.  
Today received same 404 error message.  I have both followed the link in email notification and logged onto Homestead directly. I have re-entered all new card info ... still not able to update my credit card into.

I see this has been going on for at least 4 weeks...any resolution?

Taunya Lesley
taunya.lesley@me.com
www.biz-centers.com
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello,

I can definitely look into this. What is the First and Last name on the card and the last 4 digits of the card number? Also, is it a Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover?

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

I am dealing with this issue as well
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Ok, I can look into this. When you updated the billing information, did you delete all content and re-type it or did you just change the expiration date? If you just changed the expiration date, please try updating all information. Also, is it a Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I change autopay info.

I am changing credit cards and need to update info for autopay

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

I have the credit card in my hand, but when trying to update my credit card info and receive the following error.  

"The credit card details you entered is incorrect. Please check your card details."

(edited)

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Apologies, please call support at 1-800-710-1998 and we can attempt to enter the card information on our end. 

16 Messages

• 

244 Points

3 years ago

Done. please confirm

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Perfect, I see that payment was successful and your account is active. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

3 years ago

Hello,

I just realized that I got a new card before my most recent payment occurred.  I updated the card information for future billings but I still have an outstanding balance showing however there is no link to click to satisfy it.  Will I just be billed both next month?

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

The account will attempt to bill tonight. 

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 years ago

Do you accept Discover card?

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello, 

Yes, you can use a Discover card on your account. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 years ago

I keep being told to update my credit card, but every time I update my card, I receive an error message. Please help me. 

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello, 

Please call 1-800-710-1998 and an agent can try to update the billing information for you. 

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 year ago

This does not work. I've tried several times to re-enter my credit card information and it gives an error message. I've tried to enter a different credit card and it gives me an error message. My bank researched the problem and said it was with homestead's merchant services, and only homestead could contact them to correct it. I've called every month this year to resolve this issue, and your call center does not listen, understand or speak good English and therefore never resolves the problem. For some unknown reason, you can never call and speak directly to someone in accounting, its always a call center with little knowledge or authority to deal with homestead merchant issues. I've used the same debit card to pay for the past several years and never had any issues until the end of 2022. this card has no issues anywhere else, and is used daily.

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello, 

Unfortunately, when an account won't bill like this, the issue is almost always with the bank blocking the charge. If you call to give some information, we can look up the decline message on our end. 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

9 months ago

Sorry, did all this and it says incorrect card details. Phoned the bank and they said there was no block on Homestead taking out a payment.

1 Message

• 

114 Points

3 months ago

This information is out of date, I believe. My account does not even have the "account" drop down menu on it. Urgh!

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello, 

We do have a ticket in to fix this issue. The menu option is still there, but the background is the same color as the menu. Try hovering your mouse over the area to see if you can find it. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 months ago

I have tried to change payment info many times.  Checked and double checked entered info, keep getting the red message, your entered payment info is incorrect!  It is correct!  how do I get past this?

6 Messages

• 

140 Points

How can i change my payment method?

Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Hello, 

Please call 1-800-710-1998 so we can try to update it on our end. 

6 Messages

• 

140 Points

3 months ago

My bank account was compromised, and I need to change my payment method. Is it possible to use paypal. I am waiting for my replacement cards to arrive and don't want my website affected by the delay.