homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Sunday, February 28th, 2016 3:01 PM

Account: Error While Updating Card

Account: Error While Updating Card
If you've tried to update your credit card online, but it won't authorize, you should check with your bank for the following possibilities.

• Bank does not allow $1 or $0 transactions

• Bank does not allow online payments

• Bank does not allow payments for online services

• Bank has charge for Homestead Technologies listed as “possibly fraudulent”

• Bank does not allow charges in US Currency

• Zip code connected to the card is incorrect.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled will not accept updated credit card information.

my credit card information for billing needs to be updated but your website tells me it cannot update

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

I am trying to upgrade my credit card and can't find where to add the information

5 Messages

• 

250 Points

I'm having the same issue 3 years later.
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Did you follow the instructions we provided above and check with your bank?

5 Messages

• 

250 Points

Yes. Nothing wrong with my card/account, according to the bank. I finally found your phone number to call and Gabby updated via phone.
Brand User

10.8K Messages

• 

143.2K Points

Perfect, I'm glad you were able to get that taken care of.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I keep trying to update my credit card, but it refuses to take the new card..

I have been trying to enter a card number that is different from the old one. I closed out that old account and want to use my other one, but it refuses to take the new card. It is a valid card and I have money in that account!

2 Messages

• 

272 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot get your company to accept my credit card information. Its the same card ....

Homestead has suspended my website for non payment. Got a new credit card in the mail with a new expiration date. Now when I try to give Homestead the new information they tell me that my credit number is not correct. I know my own credit card number . Whats up with this?  Hey Homestead.  Your website won't let me update my credit card information.  Its the same credit card.!!  Where do you find a phone number to call and talk to an actual person.  Anybody know?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I am very sorry for the inconvenience, we are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. We are providing updates here.

5 Messages

• 

250 Points

It's been an issue for me more than once over the past two years. Will it be fixed anytime soon?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello, 

What issue are you having?

7 Messages

• 

412 Points

8 years ago

I tried updating billing info twice with errors. My credit card company says you have a glitch on your billing software that won't accept my new expiration date. I've entered everything correct with them on the line with me....but it still won't update. Not sure what to do now.

7 Messages

• 

412 Points

It just updated.....thanks. :)

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled unable to update credit card details.

i need to update my billing credit card details and the website is not accepting the entered values and saving the same

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Most of the time it is something mentioned at the top of this page. If you still have an issue, you can let us know here, or call support.

8 Messages

• 

214 Points

8 years ago

I have the same issue. Updated Expiration Date, but it won't take it. Same card I've used for years. It seems to work for everything but this.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Have you checked with your bank to see if anything at the top of this post is now enforced on their end? Credit card companies are changing how they work for security purposes, so just because the card is the same, doesn't mean the approval process is the same.

8 Messages

• 

214 Points

Sure have.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Ok. Let me see what I can find out.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Can you tell me when you last tried and got an error?

8 Messages

• 

214 Points

1 minute ago :)

33 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

8 years ago

i have the same problem : i need to update my billing credit card details and the homestead website is not accepting saving the values and saving it has a problem.

my name is yehuda  - my web site is www.nadlanline.com

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

yehuda2294, The error code we received on the 12th when you tried to update tells us that you need to speak with the issuing bank to resolve this issue.

33 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Thanks for your  reply, 

I spoke today to my banks  (2 cards) - they all say there is not any problem with my credit cards, and then i spoke to the credit cards companies  - and they say that no request for payment was send to them from HOMESTAED ( To confirm the credit cards payments for my cards. 

you can call me personal - 00 972 50 7245021

33 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

i tried now one more time :

well - the masage is :
there were errors updating your Billing Information. Please try again.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

yehuda2294, Please send an email to compliance@homesteadsupport.com for this issue. I am not sure where the problem is, but our system is saying that you need to speak with the bank.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

yehuda2294, can you tell me is it a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover?

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled billing.

Will not except new card information, have tried several times.I have contacted the bank and they said it was on your end

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

David0996, can you tell me is it a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Is it debit or credit?

1 Message

• 

110 Points

8 years ago

Had this trouble, never would accept ANY card. Called bank, no issues with them. I then used a different browser and it worked fine. Try it without any adblock of any kind added.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Thanks for that Mark. It isn't something I had considered.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead is having trouble processing my card. How do I get in contact with them....

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Malcolm8865, Usually, it is one of these reasons. In some cases there is a communication glitch between us and the payment processor, which usually resolves itself fairly quickly and you can just retry it a little while later. If none of this solves the issue let us know and we will see what the next step is.

9 Messages

• 

352 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Failing Site.

Hello, I continue to update my cc on file and it keeps kicking me out. I used a different card this time, however, don't want to experience my site keep going down. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You

4 Messages

• 

226 Points

7 years ago

Can you please re-post the phone number to call to update billing info?  I need to get this updated and it's driving me crazy! 

94 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

7 years ago

Here is the Homestead phone number 1-800-710-1998

4 Messages

• 

226 Points

thank you

94 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

You're welcome anytime. 

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I tried to update my credit card info and it wouldn't let me the last two times I....

please contact me with next steps.
Eric Metz

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

7 years ago

This doesn't answer my question.  You have a processing error on your end. This has happened every time I have tried over the last month.  Please help.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

If there is an issue with your credit card being accepted, you can always contact support over the phone at 1-800-710-1998 to get more assistance, but if you have not already talked with your bank yet I would strongly recommend doing that first just to make sure everything is okay.