homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, May 18th, 2018 6:58 PM

Your Website is Just the Beginning of Your Digital Presence

Your Website is Just the Beginning of Your Digital Presence
Hold on a second.  What does that mean?  You’re probably saying to yourself, “I just built a website.  What else do I need?”

Your digital presence includes your website, of course. You can call that your owned and operated presence.  Of course, you should also control your digital business presence on all social channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Snapchat.  If you haven’t created and built out your business profiles on those sites, then you need to start there. To make the process easier, you can click on these links to set up your profiles:

Did you know that you can also control your digital presence on Google?  When a consumer searches for a business on Google, you certainly want to ensure that your website is optimized to be found by Google.  

On the left side of the page above are organic and paid search engine results.  In the absence of paying for search engine advertising, ensuring that your website is optimized for organic search will help get your website ranked among those listings.  However, you are always going to have to fight for position as other businesses work to take advantage of keyword search trends. On the right side of the page above, however, is the Google Knowledge Panel.  YOU have the ability to control that by claiming your Google My Business/GMB listing.  That is a persistent listing of your critical business information, including:

• Name
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Hours of Operation
  • Link to your Website
  • Link to directions
  • Link to your restaurant menu or menu of services for other vertical categories
But even taking ownership of your Google My Business listing is just one step.  You can do the same thing on other critical sites where consumers are searching for businesses like yours, including Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Yp.com, and many others.  If you are a small business owner, then how can you possibly expect to have the time to figure all of this out across every one of these sites? Fortunately, there’s one company that will do it all for you.  SinglePlatform will give you back valuable time. They will make sure that your business is listed everywhere that matters. Your distributed presence on all of these critical websites, directories, social networks, and mobile apps will always be accurate, up-to-date and owner verified so that consumers will discover you and then you can focus on building and improving your business.

Find out more by clicking here!

-Josh Glantz
Singleplatform

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

6 years ago

Many interesting ideas on promoting our websites! But can you tell me why my site has been shut down and when this occurred? Roger A. Naylor (www.rogeranaylor.com) rogisnow@gmail.com 
In checking this out, I couldn't help but notice a new attitude: "We talk, you listen. But you don't talk to us."  Phone number pretty well hidden.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Moving to the topic containing the answer to the question

Please reference the new conversation here: Why is my website not coming up?

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

Looks like even more "dodgeball."  Rn

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

6 years ago

It appears that you're saying, "What did you really mean by your question?" I see nothing resembling an answer.  Rn

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I moved your original question to another topic that explains what happened and how to fix it.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information