homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, August 19th, 2019 11:48 PM

WebsiteBuilder: SSL

WebsiteBuilder: SSL

To activate the SSL for a domain that is registered with Homestead and connected to a WebsiteBuilder site, follow these steps. 

1. Go to https://homesteadssl.com/ and enter your domain name. 

2. Select submit. The next screen will provide an IP address to point to. Copy the IP. 

3. IF YOUR DOMAIN DNS IS CONTROLLED THROUGH HOMESTEAD:
In a separate tab, log into your Homestead account. Select the domains tab and under the domain select advanced DNS settings. 

4. Select Edit

5. Point the @ and www to the given IP and check the box to delete the * record, then select submit. 

Select submit again

IF YOUR DOMAIN DNS IS NOT CONTROLLED THROUGH HOMESTEAD:

Log into your domain provider account and add the @ and www A record in that system.

6. After submitting wait 5-10 minutes.
Go back to the first tab that you opened Homesteadssl.com in and select next. You will see the message pop up stating DNS settings made are correct your certificate will be provisioned soon. Click OK.  

If you see the message stating the changes are incorrect, click OK and allow more time. 

You have set up the SSL for your WebsiteBuilder site! Allow some time for the SSL to appear. 

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

5 years ago

Hi, I recently designed our website (www.hgiengineering.com) using the Website Builder and stopped using the previous version of our website that was designed using SiteBuilder. I was using Cloudflare previously to secure our website. I followed these instructions above to secure the site and I believe it worked, as the desktop version appears on my browser. However, when I use my mobile phone to check the website, the mobile version of the site appears sometimes, and other times I get a message with a blue box saying "This website is hosted and managed by Homestead. You can building your own website at homestead.com" I am not sure what I am doing wrong to get the mobile version of the site working. We previously were using the free Dudamobile application for our mobile site. Am I supposed to deactivate something at Dudamobile? 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

5 years ago

Hello,

It does require disconnecting from Dudamobile. I have performed that action on my end and double checked the set up. Everything is set up correctly and you will see the site showing on mobile shortly. . 

27 Messages

• 

402 Points

In going through the process I get this message on the "Confirmation of Advanced DNS Changes" screen =

A Records

www.thoroughbredauctions.com will point to 66.235.200.22

Changing your 'www' A Record will make your Homestead website or store inaccessible! Please verify that this action is desired before confirming.

@.thoroughbredauctions.com will point to 66.235.200.22

Is this normal?

11 Messages

• 

438 Points

@michelle_c​  How do I disconnect from Duda? 

I followed all the above instructions and the website is up and running perfectly but the mobile site says "the server cannot be found"

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello, 

Which website is this for?

11 Messages

• 

438 Points

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

It may be caching on your end. Your site is working on my phone. 

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

5 years ago

Thank you! Everything appears to be working
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Perfect! You are welcome. 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

4 years ago

I have followed the above instructions for 1timeconstruction.com and received the message pop up stating "DNS settings made are correct your certificate will be provisioned soon."  It's been 2 days, still no certifcate, can you please check?  Thank you.  
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Will, 

I noticed one record was not changed which was the www record. I have updated the dns record and provisioned the SSL. Please allow a little time to show but you are good to go now. 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thank you! 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, you are welcome. 

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

how can i make my website is secure?

Right now it show is Not-secure in the website bar

anybody Can Help me here?

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello, 

Please use these instructions to secure your websites, as you are not using WebsiteBuilder:

‎Can I Secure My Homestead Website With HTTPS? | Homestead Community

27 Messages

• 

402 Points

4 years ago

Hi Michelle

In going through the process I get this message on the "Confirmation of Advanced DNS Changes" screen =

A Records

www.thoroughbredauctions.com will point to 66.235.200.22

Changing your 'www' A Record will make your Homestead website or store inaccessible! Please verify that this action is desired before confirming.

@.thoroughbredauctions.com will point to 66.235.200.22

Is this normal?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Tim,

This is a normal warning message and it is ok to proceed. These records do not interfere with Websitebuilder eCommerce platform this is for instances outside of Homestead. 

27 Messages

• 

402 Points

Thanks Michelle!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You are welcome. 

27 Messages

• 

402 Points

Another of my websites is down, sporthorseauctions.com stopped abruptly last night.  The Security warning shows up when we try to access the site. Per the instructions I entered site name at Homesteadssl.com and the message is "Domain cant be verified as it doesn't exist on builder" - now what?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Tim, 

Im not sure why you were getting that message, I do apologize. However, when I entered the domain in at homesteadssl.com I was able to get the ip address for the SSL. I have updated these settings and the site will show secured shortly. 

14 Messages

• 

504 Points

4 years ago

I have followed the instructions for the SSL and all went fine from what I can tell for "boboen.com"  It's been 4 days with no change. Can someone check what may be wrong?  Thank you.  Ed 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The dns changes were made but I am not sure if it ever showed the changed were correct and ok was selected. I have went ahead and provisioned the ssl and it should be automatically overriding any unsecured links soon. You can see the ssl is activated here. https://boboen.com/ You are all set. 

14 Messages

• 

504 Points

Awesome, thank you.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You're welcome. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Hi, I did the A record and www changes and when clicked on Homestead WebsiteBuilder SSL (homesteadssl.com)

Get this message below... Please help...

Domain cant be verified as it doesn't exist on builder

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

This is the website I am struggling with >> http://www.floorsandinglondon.org/

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

4 years ago

I am having the same issue as Tim0155 stated above "The Security warning shows up when we try to access the site. Per the instructions I entered site name at Homesteadssl.com and the message is "Domain cant be verified as it doesn't exist on builder" - now what?"  My site is www.klitzfamily.oom.  Can you help?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Timothy,

The domain www.klitzfamily.com is built using Sitebuilder plus. These instructions unfortunately will not work for this site. You will need to refer to this article to apply the SSL. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

thanks.  I completed the instructions you provided a while ago with Cloudflare.  It seems like I can reach www.klitzfamily.com, (built originally on sitebuilder) but then when I try to access via a link on my homepage to a page i created using websitebuilder www.klitzfamilyhistory1.homesteadcoud.com, i get the error I initially mentioned.  Any suggestions or further guidance?  Thanks!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

It looks like the incorrect link was in Sitebuilder, I updated it to the link and its working now. 

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

4 years ago

|I was trying to secure www.karenbrownencaustics.com and on step 2 it did not supply an IP address.  This is what that line said...Modify the existing 'A record' for www.karenbrownencaustics.com and point to _name":"www.k

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Karen, 

This step should of provided an ip address. I do apologize and will get this reported. However, I have completed the steps to apply the SSL for this domain and its all set. Allow a little time for this to show.  

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

Oh that is so helpful.  Thank you so much
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem. You are welcome!

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

Hi Michelle, I'm just wondering how long it should take to work.  My site is still showing unsecured.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I resubmitted the SSL once again and it is picking up now. You can see it working here. https://www.karenbrownencaustics.com/ 

We will still want to give it a couple of hours to automatically override and show secured when it is visited from any link. It should not be much longer, I will keep an eye on it. 

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

4 years ago

Like Karen above, when I try to get a DNS record for pilatesyogatraining.com, I get _name":"pilat. Can you help me get SSL set up for this site? Thanks!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Pam,

I have completed the steps to apply the SSL for this domain. It will show secured shortly. 

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

Thank you so much!! That was quick! 
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You are welcome. :)

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

4 years ago

Hi, I have been trying to link my domain to a website. Currently the website says:
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.poreehomes.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I have the @ and www record with the IP of 104.155.59.202.

Please help

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

This ip address for the A records is not for Homestead. Are you attempting to link this domain to a website built in your Homestead account or is the site hosted elsewhere? 

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

The site is hosted elsewhere.

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

But I purchased the domain name from Homestead.

7 Messages

• 

180 Points

I also enter the website name in the SSL portal. And this is what it says:

Domain can't be verified as it doesn't exist on builder
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Unfortunately, Homestead would not be able to secure the site if it is hosted elsewhere, you will want to activate the SSL with that host. If they are unable to provide an SSL, you can also use Cloudflare to secure the site. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

4 years ago

I tried entering my site and I get a message that says: 

I have had this domain via homestead for over ten years so I'm not sure why it is saying it doesn't exist.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Yes, but these are steps to secure a WebsiteBuilder site, which is not the builder that you are using. If you would like to secure your site, you can either rebuild your site through WebsiteBuilder (or have us build it for you for $150) or follow these steps to secure it through Cloudflare:

https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https/5f2a9b1658180958845a60de

70 Messages

• 

950 Points

4 years ago

Michelle can you please help.  I changed the @ and the www, but it was giving me warnings and I am not seeing confirmation it is correct.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

I do see the records added correctly, allow a few minutes then click okay. It should pick up the change. 

11 Messages

• 

722 Points

4 years ago

I am still having problems with www.taghawaii.net.  Do I change all of the DNS settings to 66.235.200.25 or just the www and the @?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Do not change all the records, only the @ and www.

7 Messages

• 

462 Points

4 years ago

I need help. Awhile back I tried to set up SSL using Cloudfare & I must've done something wrong because my site continues not to be secure. I just tried following the instructions here (step 1) but got the message that my "Domain can't be verified as it doesn't exist on builder". I created my website using SiteBuilder a long time ago, but have edited using the online version more recently.

What must I do to get past step 1 of your instructions?

thanks 

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

If you're using Sitebuilder Plus, these are just the incorrect instructions for you. These are for our newer builder, WebsiteBuilder.
To secure your site, please follow these instructions:
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https/5f2a9b1658180958845a60de

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 years ago

Thanks