homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 6:16 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Save, Preview, and Publish

WebsiteBuilder: Save, Preview, and Publish

To save your changes:

Click the Save button in the top right corner of the builder. This will save this version of your site as the current version in the builder, and it will be a timestamp in your Save History. This will not affect the published site at all

To preview your changes:

1. Click the Preview button to get a view of your site without publishing or saving the changes.

2. You may also view the mobile version on your computer by pressing the mobile button.
    You can change the page from the page selector. The navigation menu also works in preview mode.

3. To end the preview, click Finish Preview.
    • If you click finish preview while viewing the mobile site, you will return to the mobile editor.

To publish your changes:

1. Click the Publish button in the top right corner of the builder. This will change your current site online to the version you have in the editor. This will also add a timestamp in your Save History. 

2. It will ask you to verify that you want to publish the site and the domain or site name associated.
    If it is correct, click Yes

18 Messages

• 

706 Points

7 years ago

This is not working. I do click the preview button and it keeps showing me the site the way it looked the last time it was published. I've had this problems for months and have asked about it before.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This topic is specific to Websitebuilder, while the question is concerning Sitebuilder.

Please reference the new conversation here: Preview is not working.

7 Messages

• 

214 Points

6 years ago

I cannot get my site to preview parentalinsight2.homestead.com

HELP

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It should work now. I removed the construction status which prevents preview.

7 Messages

• 

214 Points

6 years ago

OK, then how to I remove the contraction status on site I want to posibbly create and only want to preview before I choose the one I want???
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

The construction status is a feature associated with Sitebuilder Plus sites. New sites created would be constructed inside of the new Website Builder editor, so you should not see that construction status with a new website.

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

5 years ago

Is there a way to share a preview with someone before I publish it?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

There is not a way to send a preview link prior to publishing. The only way to preview before publishing is through the editor so they would have to have your log in credentials which is not recommended. 

5 Messages

• 

130 Points

3 years ago

I previewed the site. Good. I published site. It is published as www.bestfloorforme. homesteadcloud.com. How do I get it to publish as my site name only? I cannot find the site when I do a web search.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,
I have got the domain reconnected to the site and it is showing now. Use the SSL instructions to secure the site. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/websitebuilder/websitebuilder-ssl/5f2a9b3158180958845dab29