To activate the SSL for a domain that is registered with Homestead and connected to a WebsiteBuilder site, follow these steps.
1. Go to https://homesteadssl.com/ and enter your domain name.
2. Select submit. The next screen will provide an IP address to point to. Copy the IP.
3. IF YOUR DOMAIN DNS IS CONTROLLED THROUGH HOMESTEAD:
In a separate tab, log into your Homestead account. Select the domains tab and under the domain select advanced DNS settings.
4. Select Edit
5. Point the @ and www to the given IP and check the box to delete the * record, then select submit.
Select submit again
IF YOUR DOMAIN DNS IS NOT CONTROLLED THROUGH HOMESTEAD:
Log into your domain provider account and add the @ and www A record in that system.
6. After submitting wait 5-10 minutes.
Go back to the first tab that you opened Homesteadssl.com in and select next. You will see the message pop up stating DNS settings made are correct your certificate will be provisioned soon. Click OK.
If you see the message stating the changes are incorrect, click OK and allow more time.
You have set up the SSL for your WebsiteBuilder site! Allow some time for the SSL to appear.