homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, June 22nd, 2018 12:36 AM

WebsiteBuilder: Save History

WebsiteBuilder: Save History

WebsiteBuilder keeps a history of each save point on your site. You can view and revert to any of these save points at any time. So if you make some changes that you decide not to use, you can easily switch back to the previous version, or even several versions back. To restore a save point, click on the Manage link on the left or the indicated icon near the top right.

You will see the save points on the left, listed from most recent to oldest. You can see if that version was published or not and you can add notes if desired. Click on the save point and it will preview the site as it was at that save. Anytime you find the save point you desire, click "open in editor" and then you can save and publish.

6 Messages

• 

300 Points

6 years ago

I do not see restore on my page to do this. Why not? I go into site builder correct?

Linda

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Linda6295, This is a feature available in Websitebuilder, not in Sitebuilder. I am sorry. You can create a new site and it will give you the Websitebuilder program. You would need a $2/month upgrade to allow for an additional site, but that could be removed once you complete the building.

5 Messages

• 

272 Points

6 years ago

is there an automated process to migrate from sitebuilder to websitebuilder and what will be the new fees under websitebuilder (assuming the $2 fee goes away after the migration)?  Will it be the same under sitebuilder?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Chuck7843, I am very sorry, but there is no way to automatically do it. You do need to start over, but I believe you will be happy with the end result. You would have an additional $2 since your account only supports one site, but once you finish and the domain is moved, you may delete the old site and then we can remove the extra charge. Other than that there is no difference in your billing.

6 Messages

• 

300 Points

6 years ago

I am confused here...are you homestead sitebuilder or websitebuilder?  I see nothing in homestead in reference to websitebuilder. Help me out.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Linda6295, I'm not sure if you saw, but the post below is a response to you; however, I will provide a different answer.

Our company name is Homestead, and we used to use Sitebuilder. Originally, it was a downloadable desktop program, but that isn't available to anyone except people who originally created their sites on it and haven't switched to a newer program. We recommend people don't use that program because we actually don't support it anymore and it is mostly not compatible with operating systems these days. There is Sitebuilder Plus, which is the newest version of the Sitebuilder program. This is what you are using for your current site.

In the past two years, we have moved away from Sitebuilder altogether, and launched the newest and most updated tool, Website Builder. All 3 are Homestead, but any NEW sites can only be on Website Builder.

36 Messages

• 

3.7K Points

I didn't know that. I'll think about changing to something newer.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

steve4468,

You are honestly making that program work for you! Most people aren't able to get HTTPS working with it, which is one of the biggest things these days. Honestly, in your case (while I would never recommend AGAINST switching) you don't have to be in a hurry, because you aren't experiencing the same issues as most people do with the program!

36 Messages

• 

3.7K Points

All I've ever done is paid attention to Homestead's and others in this community's suggestions and advice. But thank you anyway.

6 Messages

• 

300 Points

Thank You all for answering

36 Messages

• 

3.7K Points

6 years ago

One is a desktop version (Site Builder) you download where you keep copies of your files on your home computer. This allows you to work on your stuff offline but you must be online to publish anything you've done. The other (Websitebuilder) is an online/cloud version so you must be online to do anything. They both have good and bad points but both work very well. While I prefer the desktop version you may not. I find desktop easier to use but have to publish quite often and use different browsers and phones to see exactly what I've got. Mostly it's adjusting pictures, bars, text boxes, etc. 5-10 pixels one way or the other on mobile sites. Desktop is a WYSIWYG program that's around 98% accurate and that's good enough for me. I hope this helps.

5 Messages

• 

282 Points

2 years ago

How do I migrate websites and domain names between Homestead accounts? I've done it years ago and it seems like it was somewhat complicated but I cannot find instructions anywhere thanks