homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Thursday, November 17th, 2016 8:54 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Drop Down Menus

WebsiteBuilder: Drop Down Menus
  1.  Click on the Pages button.

2.  You will see the list of your pages.  You'll notice that all the pages are in a column. This means those pages are the top level menu items. If you want one to be a submenu, then click and hold the left mouse button on the page and drag it to the menu item that will be its "parent". You will need to drag the page a little to the right as well. Let go of the mouse button. It should now be slightly indented from the others.

3.   If you preview, you can hover your mouse over the parent page and see the sub-pages in the drop down.

To edit the drop down settings:

4.  Click on the Navigation Menu > More > Advanced > Drop Down Settings.

5. Set your options and click Apply at the top

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

7 years ago

GREAT HELP!!!

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

7 years ago

How do you create a 2nd navigation bar that doesn't use the same links as the main one?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I want to look further into this, but immediately I do not see there is an option, so creating a secondary navigation bar will be a manual link/button process.

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

Thanks. Definitly something that should be implemented.

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

7 years ago

I cant seem to find a way to link a page to an outside source ie. a appointment booking app I use.  Is this not available?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

At this time, you can't link a navigation menu to an external site, but you can link buttons or text to external sites.

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

7 years ago

Some additional info will help:
Which sitebuilder do you use - SiteBuilder Plus, the Desktop version or the new Websitebuilder
Are you trying to link the whole page to the booking app or can it just be done with a button?

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

7 years ago

How do I change the color that highlights the drop down? It is not in the drop down settings. I do not want it blue, but have looked everywhere
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I am going to reach out to development about this specific link color. It may be something we will eventually gain access to as the builder becomes more polished.

5 Messages

• 

300 Points

I see Jonathan's screen cap is red, but he mentions blue. And when I just added a drop down menu to my nav bar, the drop down is YELLOW! Obviously, the color CAN change. How do WE control the color? Is this something that has been addressed in the year since this question?
Thanks!
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I can take a closer look, what is the website you are referring to so I can see?

5 Messages

• 

300 Points

Hi Todd, thanks for replying--I just kept clicking around, drilling down, and I actually found the way to change the color of a drop-down menu button in the nav bar/pages menu. It just took some time to find it.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Glad to hear it!

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

7 years ago

How did you get "Strong Sisters Support" to fit in the drop down?   I get ... after 16 characters.

165 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

7 years ago

You have to edit the width of the drop down box in the settings

3 Messages

• 

282 Points

I don't see where to edit the drop down width - I don't see this in settings.  ... Help! My eyes must be painted on...

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Which site are you working on? If it is a Websitebuilder site, then you have to get to the advanced settings on the right side. There are quite a few ways to manipulate the menu found there. If you can be more specific, maybe I can give you a little more detail, or you can just explore all the settings and what they do.

3 Messages

• 

282 Points

I am looking to format the width and style of the buttons under a drop down.  For example, I have a navigation drop down menu button that has two sub buttons under it.  When I rollover the button on the navigation menu, the two sub buttons appear.  It is the appearance (width, height and color scheme) of the two sub buttons that I want to change.  Yes. I am using Websitebuilder.  Thanks!

3 Messages

• 

282 Points

I just found it!

67 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Website builder. I am also interested in how @stefanie0379 was able to change the width/color of ONLY the dropdown menu, not the actual navigation bar. The subpages do not read the entire page name. 

19 Messages

• 

524 Points

7 years ago

I did this, but when I go to preview, it doesn't drop down the page when I hover over the main menu button.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Jamie1936, I am not sure which site you are working on, but I see one on the site with the domain. If you put your mouse over events, it drops down volunteer.

11 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hello 

How can I change the background color on the menu?  I clicked Advanced and set background color as white but it appears this color.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Please make sure you are checking the color settings for the overall menu, but also for the individual buttons. In the settings, at the top, there will be a tab for "Buttons" that you can select to change the color. 

19 Messages

• 

524 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I create a drop down menu? After creating subpage, it doesn't drop down wh....

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You have the sub pages set to not display in the menu. That is why they are not showing.

19 Messages

• 

524 Points

Got it! Thanks!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

5 Messages

• 

308 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Drop down menu...how do I make one of my heading in the navigation bar into a dro....

I have a new website in the new version of sitebuilder. I need one of my page heading in the navigation section to be a drop down menu that links to pages.
Can you help?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Take a look above, see if this is any help with creating a drop down for your navigation menu.

3 Messages

• 

194 Points

6 years ago

Why is it when I am in Website Manager, my navigation bar doesn't look like in the one in the sample. I want to create a drop down menu and tried the left click and drag method but it didn't work. I have a screen shot but there isn't anyway to share it.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Lizette9742, You are using Sitebuilder Plus. Drop downs are not available for Sitebuilder Plus, unless you use a 3rd party HTML menu builder. These instructions are for new sites, using Websitebuilder.

If you Add a new website, it will be a Websitebuilder site.

3 Messages

• 

194 Points

6 years ago

How hard is it to migrate my website to a new site. It seems that Homestead isn't too user friendly for me.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This question does not directly relate to the existing topic about menus. Creating a new topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Can I migrate a site to Websitebuilder?

8 Messages

• 

354 Points

6 years ago

I'm using Sitebuilder plus and my page does not look anything like the page you show in this tutorial. I try to move my page by left clicking on it and it moves but does not drop into another page to cause it to be a parent page.

16 Messages

• 

1.8K Points

I agree. When I log in and go to edit my site it doesn't look anything like that. Is there a better version that's available? Or how can we add dropdowns to our website using the only program that is available to us?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

These are features in Homestead Websitebuilder, our newest editor. Unfortunately they are not available in Sitebuilder or Sitebuilder Plus. Websitebuilder is available on all new sites. If you create a new site, you can see the new editor. The new editor is so different in every way that we are not able to convert the existing sites, so it does require starting over. This can be a very good thing though, to give your site a fresh new look.

3 Messages

• 

274 Points

6 years ago

I don't see in my SiteBuilder Plus any of these options. Nor do I see a screen that offers any of these same options.  If I were to abandon SiteBuilder Plus..do I lose all my pages that I have built? 

8 Messages

• 

354 Points

I have the same problem....

I just read this when I scrolled up the screen: You are using Sitebuilder Plus. Drop downs are not available for Sitebuilder Plus, unless you use a 3rd party HTML menu builder. These instructions are for new sites, using Websitebuilder.

If you Add a new website, it will be a Websitebuilder site.

I guess the website company we are using does not let you use dropdowns.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

These are features in Homestead Websitebuilder, our newest editor. Unfortunately they are not available in Sitebuilder or Sitebuilder Plus. Websitebuilder is available on all new sites. If you create a new site, you can see the new editor. The new editor is so different in every way that we are not able to convert the existing sites, so it does require starting over. This can be a very good thing though, to give your site a fresh new look.

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

If I create a new site, from sitebuilder to websitebuilder, will i lose all of my information or will i be able to still keep my existing website running until the new site is built?  Also, will it be the same price and just transfer over to my newly built website?  thanks

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

okay, tried to create a new site and it still does not give me the extra options, same old sitebuilder:(

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You have 2 Websitebuilder sites made, but you haven't chosen a design yet. Click on your websites manager tab. In the drop down box, select either of the 2 sites that say xxxxxx.homesteadcloud.com. Once the screen refreshes, hit choose design. Select a template and it will launch the editor.

24 Messages

• 

528 Points

5 years ago

I would like to have a drop down menu on the navigation bar that does not click through to a page. Can I do that? i.e. when one hovers over "WORK" in my navigation bar I would like a drop down menu that lists and links to my several gallery pages, but I don't want a page called WORK.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

As of right now, this is not a feature we have. It has been suggested to our developers, but I cannot guarantee that it will become available.

24 Messages

• 

528 Points

ok,

132 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Has this feature been added in Website Builder? I have the same question.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Christine,

This feature has not been implemented.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

How can you eliminate the “more” button from showing in the menu
This button drops down showing all the pages created for our website which should actually be designed to drop down from each appropriate menu item thanks