homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 3:47 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Add an Image Gallery

Sitebuilder Plus: Add an Image Gallery
Here are instructions to add a photo/image gallery to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

2. Open the page that you want to add your gallery to.

3. Click Insert.

4. Hover over Image, then click Photo Gallery.

5. Browse to select the first image to add to your gallery and click OK.

6. The selected image appears on your page, surrounded by a blue outline.

7. To add more images to the gallery, click Add (plus sign) on the Basics tab of the right and browse to select another image. Repeat this step for each image you want to add to the gallery.

8. To change the order in which the images appear in the gallery, select the image to move from the list and click the Up and Down arrows, as appropriate.

9. Optionally, you can add a caption for each image in the gallery by selecting the image and typing the caption in the Caption field.

10. Optionally, you can change the size and the spacing of the thumbnail images in your gallery. On the Basics tab, select the appropriate Thumbnail Size and Thumbnail Spacing settings from the drop-down menus.

11. Change the height and width of your gallery grid by clicking and dragging one of the blue corners of the gallery's bounding box until your gallery looks the way you want.

Before you publish this page, click Preview to make sure your gallery looks and behaves the way you want.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Here are instructions to add a photo gallery to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager on the left, then click Edit Site to go to the editor.

2. Open the page that you want to add your gallery to.

3. Click Insert.

4. Hover over Image, then click Photo Gallery.

5. Browse to select the first image to add to your gallery and click OK.

6. The selected image appears on your page, surrounded by a blue outline.

7. To add more images to the gallery, click Add (plus sign) on the Basics tab of the right and browse to select another image. Repeat this step for each image you want to add to the gallery.

8. To change the order in which the images appear in the gallery, select the image to move from the list and click the Up and Down arrows, as appropriate.

9. Optionally, you can add a caption for each image in the gallery by selecting the image and typing the caption in the Caption field.

10. Optionally, you can change the size and the spacing of the thumbnail images in your gallery. On the Basics tab, select the appropriate Thumbnail Size and Thumbnail Spacing settings from the drop-down menus.

11. Change the height and width of your gallery grid by clicking and dragging one of the blue corners of the gallery's bounding box until your gallery looks the way you want.

Before you publish this page, click Preview to make sure your gallery looks and behaves the way you want.

45 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

good answer

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How do I take a particular picture on my website and when I clink on it, the picture suddenly appears full size on the screen? I know like on some music equipment websites, you can click on a picture of the equipment and it will zoom to full size of the screen so u can see more detail of the music equipment, then u can click off of it and the screen goes back to everything that was originally on the page. This is what I'm asking, how do I achieve this plan?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Make a particular picture on my webpage zoom to full screen when I click on it and then back to regular screen when I click back it again?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I created and previewed the photo gallery page. When I publish, don't know where it goes, but it's not going to my site.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

What am I missing here? How do I get the page from page builder to my website. It's previewed and published and then?...

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

need to put 4mb photo album, 6 photos, on web page so customers can click on a link to view

photos.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

BUT how do we get our own photos into a gallery that we can access?????

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

Can I do stuff like make pictures enlarge/pop up when some one clicks on them with caption...................................................

I want to make it so that when a user clicks on the picture it would pop up with some type of caption...

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Captions can be added only if you use the Photo Gallery tool. See steps above.

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

Handy little BUT is there some way to put the photos in a folder? They take up too much space otherwise. Thanks!!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you go to the file manager screen, you can create folders and organize images or any other files into the folders. However, If you move any images that are already on your site, it will cause an error on the live site because it changes the file path to that particular file. You would then need to remove the broken image from the page, and add it back on using the correct file path.

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

10 years ago

How do I make the images on my website expandable?.

I have a website of my paintings. I would like the viewer to be able to click on each image and expand its size.

5 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

Quadriplegic mouth artist needs a little help....

Hi all, I want to start my website over and I wish to start by adding thumbnails of pictures I have. I haven't done much to my site for quite sometime. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ~Non

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The photo gallery, creates thumbnails for you, so this is the easiest way. If you want to manually create them, then you'll need to add the pictures to the page in one size, and then create links to the actual image files, and make sure the image files are imported at the size you need them to open up in.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Thank you for all your help!
The thumbnails are very nice, but is there a way to create a 'photo folder' or anything like that to hold the photos? The thumbnails take up a lot of space.

Thank you!!
Tracy Smith

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Yes, if you go into the File Manager, you can create folders and store all the images in a single folder. However. If you've already created a photo gallery, moving the images into a new folder will break the images on that page, so you'll have to delete, and then recreate the photo gallery selecting the images files from their new location.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Thank you for your help!
I did create a folder, but could not figure out how to get the folder on the webpage. Can you help me with this or direct me to instructions?

Thanks!
Tracy

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You don't actually add a folder to a page. You'll just add the images the same exact way as before, except when you get the pop up window to select the image files, you'll have to click on the folder you created and select the image from within the new folder.

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Oh ok. That's what I did. Is there ANY way to add a folder of photos?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

yes, but it's a two step process. As I mentioned above, you'll first have to create the folder in the file manager. Then, you can either use the import button at the top of the File Manager page to import the files, or most browsers (I like Firefox), will let you drag and drop images from your computer right into the new folder you created in the file manager. Then, once you have them all in the File Manager, you would then add them tot he page individually. There's not a way to add images in bulk to a page.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Ok.
So, if I understand this correctly, photos would be in a Folder in File Manager BUT listed out individually on the actual webpage.

If you have a minute, the photos to which I am referring are on our Notices and Events page on our website, www.lakesidecitytx.org. If there is a better way to do this, please point me in the right direction!

Thank you for all your help!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

There's not really a better, way. It's just that some people fine it easier to organize certain files into certain folders. For sites that have hundreds of images this can be helpful. For smaller sites it usually doesn't matter.

6 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Oh ok. Well, shoot.
If something like that comes along (hint, hint!!) please let me know! It would be nice to just click on a folder, or one photo that links to all the photos, to save space on the page.

Thank you again for all your help!
Tracy

5 Messages

• 

184 Points

10 years ago

Add an image to an existing gallery;.

what am i doing wrong. the new photo becomes a new gallery instead of joining the existing gallery.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

See step #7. Instead of adding more galleries, you just need to add pictures to an existing gallery.

5 Messages

• 

184 Points

Thank you, after 20hr and writing my questions ----I got it figured out !