drew_n's profile

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 10:13 PM

Closed

How do I set up POP3 email in Outlook 2013?

When configuring POP3 email accounts in Outlook 2013, you can now opt to have multiple emails accounts going into a single inbox, or have a separate inbox for each mailbox. These instructions are for setting up a POP3 account in Outlook 2013. If you would like to know more about the difference between IMAP and POP, then please click here.

1) To setup your POP3 account, launch Outlook. Click on File.

2) You will need to click on Account Settings, then again on the Account Settings in the drop down.

3) You have a choice here.
If this is a new POP account then select New. You will see a couple of screens not pictured here. You will want to setup an email account and select POP
If you already have the account setup and are changing the settings, then highlight the appropriate account in the list and click Change

4) Enter these settings:
Incoming mail server: pop.homestead.com
Outgoing mail server SMTP: smtp.homestead.com
Enter your email for the User Name and your email password
If you select New Outlook Data File, then you will see an inbox for each configured account on the left side of Outlook when checking mail.
If you select Existing Outlook Data File, then you will have all mail brought into a single inbox. Pictures of the 2 can be found at the end of these instructions.
Click on More Settings.

5) In the Outgoing Server tab, check the box for "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select "Use same settings as my incoming server."
Click OK

6) On the Advanced tab, Input the following settings:
Incoming server: 995
Check the box for "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
Click OK

Below are how the different configurations will appear when using Outlook 2013. The first will have a single mailbox name with all configured accounts filtering into a single inbox. You can use Outlook rules to automatically move incoming emails to different folders for organization.The second image shows multiple inboxes. 1 for each configured account.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

No Responses!