homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

7 Messages

• 

286 Points

Wow! Wish I had this website construction capability. Why is mine different? Is it because it's a storefront website?

Having said that, I have the same problem - I copied a page template from one that was commonly available, but have no idea how to have the navigation bar show the new page

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

i try to do this process but it changes all the pages. i think i have to make a subdomain in order to do this. like apple.com the default language is english but as you surf you can select spanish and the site appears like this es.apple.com instead of just apple.com but i don't know how to do this.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

I followed the instructions and the problem is fixed. Thanks!!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

thank you so much !!!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

These instructions are outdated and don't apply to the latest website builder version.

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

when I go to my site on the internet, it does not have the bar to access the other pages. How do I correct this problem?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
when I go to my site on the internet, it does not have the bar to access the other pages. How do I correct this problem?.

3 Messages

• 

226 Points

11 years ago

I just put up a three page website, but only the first page shows. Any suggestions? If you would like to check it out to know what I'm talking about, go to kevincoughlinktico.com. Thanks for your help.

A great title.

12 Messages

• 

534 Points

11 years ago

How can you set this up with storefront?

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

just built a web site on here and had an about us page and a news page but when u go to the actual site there is no option to see those other pages what do i do

help.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Hi,
How can i get my other 2 pages i create to show up on my website
www.enchanted.com?

Only the home page published.

5 Messages

• 

244 Points

11 years ago

i created a page but can't figure out how to list it doesn't show on my website

website help.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi there!

The steps above should help you add links on your site to your new page(s).

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks,
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

Bs They do

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

OK. I don't have a plus sign??

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi WF!

The plus sign is next to "link list" on the Links tab. What do you see there? Do you mind sending a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I have changed the page name and link titles where I can find anywhere to change them. Problem is the old links are still popping up and people are telling me they see them sometimes. How can I completely change the navigation menu choices and edit them from the preset template?
Thank you,

Page titles.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Ronson2423,

You can use the instructions above to create a new navigation menu.

Regarding the page title, you can edit this by clicking Page Info > Basics Tab
(in sitebuilder desktop).

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

180 Points

OMG, how do you link the quick store when you create a new site navigation menu? Why should I even have to because the first nav menu kept wigging out? Why am I paying for this awful service?

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I deleted my navigation and I tried to hit undo but it's not working.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi stay2262,

Welcome to the community!

You can use the instructions above to add your navigation menu back. Rather than selecting create new, select use existing.

Thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

I am still having trouble clicking on my navigation menu. I did what your troubleshooter suggested, and still no action. Please help. It is urgent I get this up and running.

Navigation menu dead.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Oiclan -

Sorry for your frustrations! Upon looking up your website, it looks as though you added a text box for your navigation links, rather than the actual navigation menu element. I would delete the text that you have on your site and follow the steps above on adding the navigation menu.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Aubrey

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Actually the text boxes are better for SEO purposes than the 'canned' navigation option. If you choose to go with that one be sure you also have a site map that the Search Engines can follow - an xml site map is recommended for sites with more than 5 pages and in addition a regular site map page is helpful. The canned navigation is great because it does change the navigations across the site and for larger sites this is helpful. BUT it does not change the placement - so if you add to or subtract from the navigation the placement on the pages will change.

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

I am not able to click on my menu bar, what's going on? I've tried your posted suggestions, but still no activity or changes. Please contact me immediately, I really need my website running!

Dead menu.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hy oiclan63940,

You've added a text box to your page as a menu, however, they're not hyperlinks (text that is a link). Use the instructions above to create a navigation menu and let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

my website is full in english but i have some costumers that only speak spanish i try to make modifications on the menu bar but everything looks like is going to change on the full site. how can i solve this problem? thanks...

How can make two menus for my website one in english and the other in spanish?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi JORGE3994,

You can create as many navigation menus as you'd like. Take a look as this post on using the Master Template feature to learn how to make changes to all of your pages or just one.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

i try to do this process but it changes all the pages. i think i have to make a subdomain in order to do this. like apple.com the default language is english but as you surf you can select spanish and the site appears like this es.apple.com instead of just apple.com but i don't know how to do this.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How do I create an navigation menu since I lost if from my pages

LOST MY NAVIGATION MENU.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi OLDCOACH23243,

Using the steps above, you can select use existing versus create new, if you'd like to add the menu that you deleted.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I'm trying making changes in sitebuilder for my website but I somehow deleted the bar that I and others can access other pages that I also created...how do I get it back?

How do I replace the bar that gives access to additional pages on the website?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Myra7444,

Using the instructions above, click use existing instead of create new.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan