homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:19 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form
Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

5. Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

5. Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.

1 Message

• 

114 Points

I've created a custom form. How do I add a Challenge Phrase?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Sorry, but at this time, the custom forms don't have the challenge phrase as an option.

Mike

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Hello, when will the challenge phrase be added to the customer forms?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Sorry A6057,

There is no ETA at this time.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

140 Points

I've created a custom form to my liking.  However Homestead allows the form to be submitted when fields that I have designated as "required" are not filled out

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

Very useful info, thanks a lot!

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I create a Job application on my website for persons to fill out so I can hire them? Any help would be much appreciated

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Job Applicaton.

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

you can create a form, it will be a bit longer, but there's plenty of elements that will work.  What I do is add a number to the element, example =  1-Name, 2-Address, etc.  That way when you get the info it will be chronological :)

2 Messages

• 

178 Points

11 years ago

Can i have a page that contains a form for a customer to fill out then email it to me. I then want to edit it and email it back to them

Quote/Order Form.

5 Messages

• 

886 Points

11 years ago

Is there a way to create a form that shows up in a 'preview' page upon submission? I wouldn't need to save the data or even have it sent to my email. Just a tool that would allow customers to input data and then see a preview of that data with some .jpgs.

5 Messages

• 

886 Points

I want to create something similar to this concept on my website as far as having customers input data, click a preview but and then see what it would look like:

http://order.uprintinvitations.com/?p... slant with clipart.jpg

4 Messages

• 

170 Points

what about a guest book?

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Lisa it's really great of you to jump in and offer help. You might want to check the dates the other posts were added though to save yourself some time. I'm guessing that the ones posted 4 years ago have probably figured it out.  :)

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

We would like to add on online application for employment to our website... I need help please!! Do you offer a general application? Also, there are two spot on our page where the name color still will not change. Finally, I would like to speak with someone in regards to our Facebook link. Thanks! Lindsay Ewing

Adding to our website.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

When people visit our site, we want them to be able to tell us how they feel. How can we add a survey?

We are wanting to add a customer feedback survey on our website. How would we do that? Thanks.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Hello I have intro to customer form where I find out what the customer is looking for weather its a DJ, Karaoke jock, ext. and I'm trying to convert this form into my website and have the slightest on where to start

Converting my Intro to customer form.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

Adding adoption application to our site.

We run a dog rescue and need to know how to have our applications on our website where someone can fill it out and submit it back to us. Thanks for your help.

11 Messages

• 

382 Points

11 years ago

Need Online forms to email to customer service email?.

I've reposted our site. We're a service company & don't require a really fancy site, sometimes less is more. The only thing I've not been able to accomplish is putting a form on there that accounts can fill out online & email directly to our customer service email.. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks, Teri
www.bulldogca.com

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do I build a guestbook?.

How do I collect the e-mails of people who visit my web site and want a free art lesson?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Kelly6247, There is a way to add a guest book. If you click Insert > More, then you will see a guest book icon which you can add to the page. However for what you've described I think building a custom form would be a better option. This way you can request whatever information you need.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

6 Messages

• 

262 Points

11 years ago

Online registration.

Is it possible to create an online registration form on my Intuit website?

1 Message

• 

130 Points

11 years ago

I am currently working with forms in sitebuilder. However, the elements do not line up properly between builder and the preview screen. It is turning into more work than it should be for a point and click process. Any suggestions?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Good morning,

Can you tell me what page you are working on? I can look at it if you have published the page. Perhaps I can see what you have going on and help you out.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

How can I collect my customers data (birthday, anniversary, etc.) to send out gift card?.

I'm in restaurant business and I would like to collect my customers birthday and their mailing address. So that I can send out gift card redeemable at my restaurant. How does it work with your system?

6 Messages

• 

212 Points

11 years ago

Setup Questionnaire Form on Website.

I am a real estate broker and want to setup a questionnaire form on our website for buyers to complete. How do I setup this type form - Is the data stored for me to access later? Thanks

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

When you add the "submit" button to the form it will give you an option to have the info email to you, or go into a text file (which you can copy & paste into Excel), or both.

To access the text file, go to the Websites Manager page and click the More link near the center of the page, and then click on Manage Forms.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

15 Messages

• 

556 Points

Ok, but how do you paste it into Excel so that all of the information is not in one cell or two/three depending upon the number of lines.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi cahea,

You might need to copy/paste the results to Wordpad first, then save it as a txt document.  Then you can import the data as a delimited file into Excel.  This is a little more difficult, as you will need to tell Excel the break in data so it can identify what data goes to what cell.

Thanks

Drew