homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 5:10 PM

Account: Change Site Association

Account: Change Site Association

Here's how you can associate your domain with another website on your account.

1. Click the "Domains" link in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name and click Change Site Association.

3. Choose the website you'd like your domain name to point to using the drop-down menu.

4. Click Save to confirm the change.
      It may take some time for this change to reflect.

**If the site you are switching to is built using WebsiteBuilder**
    5. Click Websites Manager, choose the site you are working with, click Edit Site, and Publish.

*IF YOU GET A 404 ERROR on your published site, please follow the instructions in this article to fix this:
Fixing the WebsiteBuilder 404 Error

Hope that helps!

For a video walkthrough of these instructions:

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Here's how you can associate your domain with another website on your account.

1. Click Domains link in the left navigation menu.

2. Scroll down until you see your domain name and click Change Site Association.

3. Choose the website you'd like your domain name to point to using the drop-down menu.

4. Click Save to confirm the change. It may take some time for this change to reflect.

**If the site you are switching to is built in Website Builder**

5. Click Websites Manager, choose the site you are working with, click Edit Site, and Publish.

*IF YOU GET A 404 ERROR on your published site, please follow the instructions in this article to fix this:
    https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/fixing-the-website-builder-404-error

Hope that helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

2 Messages

• 

196 Points

I have done this but when I type in my site address for my second domain on the firefox search bar, it stills goes to the first website. Everything says the second site has it's own domain name but alas, no. I have wiped all cookies and history from Firefox

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Lynne9443, If you tested it immediately after changing the site association, then it probably would not have worked at that time. It can take several minutes or even a couple of hours for the dns records to propagate. I just tested it and it seems to be working fine, but if you have any problems, let us know. Thanks!]
Mike

2 Messages

• 

196 Points

That was exactly the problem! I think you could adjust "several minutes" to "several hours" and make customers happier. I would not have been concerned if it had said that as I had given it quite a long time to post before trying to troubleshoot the situation.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

This didn't work for me at all. It's still going back to my other website. Should I create a new sub domain?

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I created a new sub domain but it's not coming up in the drop down box so that I can point my new website to it. Please help me this is really frustrating.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

I had an existing website and domain with Homestead. I registered a second domain and created a second website, but when I try to navigate to it, I end up back at my first website. Any ideas on how to fix that?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Web address takes me to the wrong domain..

1 Message

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

I created a 2nd domain with Intuit, which has processed and is now available, but I'm unable to view and change the website in Website Manager. Any thoughts?

Website Manager for 2nd domain.

4 Messages

• 

264 Points

11 years ago

I have 6 domains that I intended to act as 6 seperate web sites. Currently when I update one with SiteBuilder all 6 sites are updating simultaneous. I need these to function as individual sites in order to market seperate brands and services.

Multiple Domains currently acting as One Website? How do I change ?.

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I created a new domain name under my existing website, so does that mean that domain is now part of my website. I was trying to create a new website but I did something wrong. Please help!

New domain name, new website.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Katie -

You'll need to create a new website to go with the domain. To add a new one, simple log in and go to Websites Manager > Add New Website (in the upper right corner). Your website URL will be http://newwebsitename.homestead.com, but once you have a new site, you can follow the steps above go associate it with a domain

Thanks,
Aubrey

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

I have a domain name, but when I type it into my browser URL bar, it loads a landing page like the page doesn't exist. When I type in the mydomain.homestead.com URL, it loads my site. How do I get mydomain.com to go to my website? It's not available to select from the drop down list in the "Change Site Association" page.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

What is the new domain name?

Drew

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

tomberlawn.com

1 Message

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I have a new domain now how do i go into it and create it

I have a domain name how do I create it.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Dawn -

Please check out the steps above. You'll need to associate your new domain to the new site you created, then you should be all set.

Take care,
Aubrey

4 Messages

• 

114 Points

doesnt work

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

Some time ago, I created a website. Now, I got another domain, which has nothing to do with the first one. It is an entirely different project. For some reason, the second website redirects to the first one. I want to build an entirely new website, but can't figure out how to gain access to it.

New website points to old one against my wishes..

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Allen -

You'll need to create a new website to go with the domain. To add a new one, simple log in and go to Websites Manager > Add New Website (in the upper right corner). Your website URL will be http://newwebsitename.homestead.com, but once you have a new site, you can follow the steps above go associate it with a domain

Thanks,
Aubrey

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Aubrey-
I logged in and went to Websites Manager, as you instructed. Add new Website is not one of the options I see. I own the domain, but can't seem to build a website for it.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I'm having the same problem.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

I'm having the same problem

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Brian1384, If you don't see the link at the top-right, then scroll down and look for a link that says "Website Management Tools" and expand the link open. It will expose another menu with additional choices, where you'll find the link.

Mike

1 Message

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

I recently purchased a new domain so that I can build/design a separate website in addition to the ones I already have. However, the new domain is pointing towards one of the existing websites. How do I get it to be a new, stand alone website?

New domain for new website.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I do not want the intuit name on my web address is that not an option ?.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

Have I missed something that is obvious?

How do I associate a new domain name purchased through Homestead name with my homestead address?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I have two domains, do I have to have two SiteBuilder's?.

I have two domains, but I can't seem to switch my Site builder to build the second site. Please tell me the best way to build this second site so the new (second) domain is used.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

new domain publishing.

i just purchased a new domain name through Homestead. how do i publish what i publish what i'm creating in Sitebuilder under the new domain name?

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

how to published an assoicated site to a pointed domain.

Added a new domain as pointed and associated site is not showing up on the website. www.rashidalambert.com. It is showing another associatedsite.

5 Messages

• 

194 Points

11 years ago

How can I come back to my old site which I created back in 2008? Can anybody help?

5 Messages

• 

194 Points

11 years ago

I have added domain in my old website which was a mistake I did. Now the contents of my old website is pointing/publishing in the new domain. My old website is www.sikderdinasty.com and new domain is www.dohsjessore.com. Plz help.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It appears the site in your account was created in 2008 as you mention above. I do see that both domains are associated with this same site. What is it that you want to change exactly?

Mike