homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, June 22nd, 2018 12:36 AM

WebsiteBuilder: Edit Sections

WebsiteBuilder: Edit Sections

Using Sections on your pages isn't something you should focus a lot of time on, however, is very important to your web design. Every template comes with predefined sections for simplicity but you have some additional options to add or change how people interact with your sections should you desire. The basic idea is that every website should have a Heading (or beginning), a Body (with 2-3 sub-sections), and a Footer (or end). You can customize each page using Sections inside the website builder tool, adding new sections and moving those sections around the page to organize your content how you feel looks best.

Important note: All elements placed in the header section or the footer section WILL be displayed on all pages.

In this article, we will cover the basics of How to Edit Sections and the Basic SettingsThis most  logical time you might add or edit sections includes when you need more page space for a different kind of content or when you have a variety of the same content you want to separate into "sections." Ideally, you want to work within the realm of the template wire-frame provided as they were designed with "best practices" in mind.

Pro Tip: It's never bad to add a section but sometimes your information is better served by its own page. Keep in mind, you want to engage your user and encourage them to click through your pages. Separating content into pages is a good way to accomplish this.

Editing Sections:To begin editing Sections, look for this option from your left-hand menu and click on it.

A pop-up menu will appear where you can:- Add New Sections from a menu of available options by clicking the button.
- Select a section within the menu to navigate to that specific section on the right.
Rearrange by dragging to the order you prefer. (Within the header and footer.)
- "Hide" sections by clicking on the desktop computer icon.

When you click on the background of a section (the colored section to the left or right of your design elements) the green pop-up will turn orange showing you a settings menu.

From here you can:

-Change Style of the Section such as colors, borders and backgrounds. 
-Change Section Design or Look of this section.
-Change overall Settings like SEO and Behaviors
-Change Size and Position manually including Width and Height.
-Add Animations like "flip" effects or "fade in" effects.

Pro Tip: Over time, you'll find that there are many settings available to choose from. As you will see, the more you use the builder, the better you get at it. Be sure to test out a few things until you become familiar with what you can/can't do.

If you find that a page has quite a few sections, take a look at our topic on adding a sections menu.

1 Message

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

Helpful,,,  I'm going to make some changes,,  Thanks

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

I like the options mentioned in this article but none of these options are available on Sitebuilder Plus. Can I use Sitebuilder Plus and Sitebuilder? Is Sitebuilder still available? This article is confusing as it does not mention both programs.  Please advise how I can use these features, (especially the drop down menu)
Thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Tom4188, This is for Websitebuilder, our newest editor. These features are not available in either of the old Sitebuilder programs. You would need to create a new site to get started with Websitebuilder.

1 Message

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

In the template I'm using only some parts are FULLY EDITABLE and others don't... I can't changfe image or the text only it's apparences  why?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

What specifically can you not edit? (What site? And what element on what page and what section?)

47 Messages

• 

712 Points

4 years ago

Using sections (and boxes) helps make the mobile version more similar to the desktop version. Great tutorial here. I had issues with sections when I first began using Website Builder.

Question: I notice that some sections are labeled be letter and some by number. Any reason in particular for that or any effect on the performance or RWD? Over the years, I've deduced that the ones I add seem to be numerical (vs. alphabetical in the template).

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The labeling of the sections will not have any negative impact on the site's performance. The differences are most likely that one was included in the template and one was manually added.

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

3 years ago

I'm having problems duplicating my header to the other pages. I didn't like the cookie cutter headers and couldn't change the font size so I blanked the section and created a new one but can't get it to copy to other pages

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

If this is still on your Sitebuiler Plus site, you would need to select all elements that you want to be duplicated (either using the shift key while selecting elements or by clicking and dragging your mouse) and then use Copy/Paste.