homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 12:48 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Contact Forms

WebsiteBuilder: Contact Forms
Forms are a great way for visitors to provide specific information to you via an email.

1. First click on the Elements tab on the left, then in the Contact section, click on Contact form.

2. Position the form in the desired spot on the page and click your left mouse button. This will drop the form onto the page.

3. The standard form may provide the information you need, but if not, you can customize the form by adding or removing fields. Simply click the Manage Form button in the toolbar.

4. On the left side, you can see each field currently on the form. To the right is a trash can. If you wish to delete a field, simply click the trash can. If you want to change the field, click the desired field on the left. You can change the label text to anything you like. There are several fields types to choose from. Lastly, you can select the checkbox to make the field optional. If you uncheck the box, the field is required and the form can't be submitted without it.

5. As with other elements, if you click more in the toolbar, you will see the advanced tab. Click it, and on the right side, you will see the advanced settings. Here you can change tons of design elements, like font, size, shadows, opacity, and many more options.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

What happens to the information typed into the form? Where does it go, how is it formatted, etc?
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

The information typed into the form is sent to the email address in the form settings. It is also saved in your form submissions in the builder.
It will be formatted as
Question:
Answer

22 Messages

• 

614 Points

I do not find any email address in the contact form Settings.  I selected the Submit button and added a link to my email address. Will this work?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Julie,

Remove the link on the submit button, this will attempt to compose a new email to the linked address. After removing the link, select the entire form and click more>advanced> settings. You can update the form email here. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Can we have more than one emails please 

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Yes, there can be more than 1 email added to the account. It is an additional $1 per month for a standard email and $6 for a g suite account. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/account-billing/account-add-on-services/5f2a9b3658180958845e68bd

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

I dont understand I have a form already I need to place it under Forms on my Navigation Bar

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

You can place your form anywhere you want on your site. What is it that you are not understanding, so that I can clarify things for you?

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

How do I upload a PDF so it can be filled out on line and printed out

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

when the go to Forms on the website they can do this. I upload a form to be used and when you print it out it is not 8x11 it is less than half the size
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Oh, I see. You can upload a PDF but we cannot control how it prints. That would depend on the PDF that is uploaded and the individuals print settings.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

I'm sorry, your answer was not clear for me.  How do you update the email address that a form will send to?  Can you please be specific on where I go to do this?  
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello,

If you click on the form within the builder, you just need to click More > Advanced > Settings and you will see the email address it is currently set to go to. You will just need to delete that and add the new one.

30 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

5 years ago

How can you keep the contact form only on the page you have it on.  When I add one, it tries to add it to all my page as a master form.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

If any part of the contact form is placed in the header or footer section it will display on all pages. Make sure the entire form is placed in a specific section. Also, check under more, advanced, size and position and make sure the form is not set to show on all pages. 

7 Messages

• 

220 Points

4 years ago

how do you add a drop box or radio button field?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

WebsiteBuilder contact forms do not have the drop down option. You can create a custom form via HTML and add that to the site if it is necessary. Jotform is commonly used form custom forms. 

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Are there plans to add a radio button and drop box, as in Sitebuilder Plus?   I'm so disappointed that this is not included in WSB.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Hal, 

The development and engineering team has not confirmed the roll out of these features but I know it has been mentioned. 

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Ok, thanks Michelle.  The radio button and drop box forms are MUST HAVES for me and a lot of others I'm sure.   It's not reasonable to expect to go to a third party service for a simple form.    I use Formstack for my long and complicated forms, but for just a three or four item form, it's way too much trouble to do that.    
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Understandable, I will forward the feedback. 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

4 years ago

I created a contact form that works, but the fields don't autofill properly for a smart phone. Its as if it doesn't recognise the first field, it stays blank and all the rest are out of order.  (wants to autofill the email address into the name field for example)  1timeconstruction.com   I've tried deleting the form, moving fields around, nothing works.  How do I fix this?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Will, 

Unfortunately, there is not a way to control the auto-fill information that populates on mobile devices, from the editor. This is something based on the device. Sometimes if the auto-fill lists consists of a lot of information it  may randomly select info for specific fields. However, when I tested the contact form on an iphone and an android device all the correct information that was typed into the fields was recorded correctly, both devices did not auto-fill any fields. 

6 Messages

• 

314 Points

4 years ago

How to I control what is sent to my email from the form.  My email that I receive states Hello Builder, You have received a form etc in very large print.  I need my form to be sent over on 1 page of 8.5x11 inch paper.  All the fluff is making it into 2 pages. Thank you.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

The format in which the form submissions are sent cannot be changed. If you need to print the content on one page, you may need to copy the form submission and bring it into another program like word, and print it from there.

6 Messages

• 

314 Points

Is this still true that the form submission can not be changed? I waste too much paper this way.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

I apologize, they can not be changed. 

19 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 years ago

Is there a way to give a title to the forms in order to distinguish which forms the information comes from? Or to change the intro on the email received? The form results will be sent to my client who is not the builder. I'd like it to have his name or be a little more generic.

13 Messages

• 

474 Points

3 years ago

Can I have different contact forms be associated with different email addresses? How about more than one email address for the same form?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Yes, different forms can be sent to a different submission email address, just customize the email address in the form settings. There cannot be more than one address connected to one individual form. 

24 Messages

• 

354 Points

2 years ago

Can Homestead provide me any source information on who responds using the Contact Form?

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

That information would have to be filled and submitted from the person filling out your contact form. 

24 Messages

• 

354 Points

Sorry if I didn't adequately communicate my question. Someone responded to me via a contact form on my website. I want to know who they are (i.e.: I.P. address; country of origin; anything to help me know who they are). They gave me a false email address - one that doesn't exist that evidently Homestead wasn't able to vet as being legit.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Ah, I see. Our contact forms don't check that an email address is valid. You can try looking at the site statistics for information on recent visitors, but we wouldn't be able to tell you that information specifically. 

24 Messages

• 

354 Points

@elyzabethv​ We recently lost our pastor to covid - he's ministered to people all around the world and had a huge impact on the satanic kingdom. Someone sent a very hateful, mocking message that I would like to be able to research, but evidently that's not possible. Thanks for your reply.

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

I'm sorry for your loss and that I can't help get you the information that you want. 

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

2 years ago

Thanks.  I know how to get the Contact Form but I want to design the Custom Form like this.  Anyone can help me.  Thanks. Here is the image of the form.  

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

I placed my form with my email where it's supposed to be but I don't get any emails. When I click on the form submit button a window pops up asking What do I want to open this with. It has never gone to my email but it shows in the form history. Any ideas? americanbiewers.net

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

@nancy9413​ Sorry I found it. The old linked submit button trick. Working now.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

1 year ago

Is there a way to delete the form submissions?  I see how to view them and download them, but where can they be deleted? 

Brand User

78 Messages

• 

906 Points

Hello Mike F.

Form submissions cannot be deleted from the form manager in Homestead Website Builder. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

7 months ago

Contact form not working it asks for the phrase to be typed in again and again and again!!! tried CAPS, lowercase no joy

Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

141.7K Points

Hello, 

I would recommend going into your builder and turning the captcha off. The bold letters should be typed out as capital letters, but unless you put a note next to the form, people won't know that. 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

7 months ago

When scanning my site through Google's Lighthouse accessibility scanner, we're getting marked down because the contact form does not use HTML label elements for the field labels. Instead, it uses span elements which do not explicitly reference the input fields to which they pertain. As a result, screen readers cannot tell what field the text label applies to.

Is there a way to change the form to use label elements to improve our accessibility?