bob4983's profile

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

Saturday, August 17th, 2024 3:45 AM

Closed

Unwanted  characters have suddenly started to appear

My website built with sitebuilder (craignewton.com) suddenly has a bunch of  appearing all over the page. This is a new developement. what is going on and how can I fix it.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Strange Characters on Websites

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

1 month ago

Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6a - 5p MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

The connection to www.craignewton.com is not secure

You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS. Learn more

How to Add an SSL Certificate to Your Wix Site
https://support.wix.com/en/article/troubleshooting-your-ssl-certificate
YouTube video: https://youtu.be/MSxykzdYkII?si=lISp71AfiifAIO3p

25 Messages

• 

382 Points

@russell5607​ Lack of an SSL certificate is not the cause of the A's appearing on a website. My site does have a SSL certificiate (https instead of http), and it too has the A's problem.

14 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

30 days ago

I have two sites and it is only on one of them!

107 Messages

• 

2.1K Points

29 days ago

Having the same issue with  on every page. It looks like there are a lot of posts related to this same issue.

8 Messages

• 

100 Points

28 days ago

I contacted homestead/web.com and was told that the site builder we currently use is basically obsolete and we'll need to build a new site using the updated publisher. Thankfully, the new publisher will also be free to use. To fix the issue in the meantime, just go into the editor and essentially "erase" where the A's are - just using backspace will accomplish this - and republish the page.

24 Messages

• 

390 Points

Thank you - will do this today - soo annoyed and devastated - is homestead actually care about us as customers - 20 years I have been running my site and it is now an absolute mess!

44 Messages

• 

652 Points

@nilus7858​ so we have to rebuild the website from scratch again? I have had my website for many years. I have no interest in having to rebuild it. It was working fine until this started happening.

16 Messages

• 

432 Points

@nilus7858​ 

the A’s keep coming back

and also in new spaces

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

@ingrid7884​ I am a customer, not an employee. Many customers are unable to find the phone number. I provide it so users can get support. Sorry for interrupting your day.

44 Messages

• 

652 Points

@russell5607​ Then you are a customer who has never actually called those numbers. Because when you do, you are "helped" by an employee in another Country who is working off a script and has no actual technical knowledge. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a person on the phone who will actually fix the issue. So your "solution" of posting those numbers over and over again is as useless as their "customer service". Quite frankly, it's even more annoying because I have seen you post this very same message after people have already stated that they have contacted customer service and got no help.

121 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

28 days ago

This is happening to our site also. HOMESTEAD is the WORST.

A  WARNING TO HOMESTEAD!!  Fix this NOW!!

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

Call support for HELP.

35 Messages

• 

730 Points

28 days ago

Hmmm. Strange. I just went to your site and it seems fine on my end. Something is going on.

Maybe a hack? My site is still affected. All 100+ pages!

wickedshepherds.com

8 Messages

• 

100 Points

I still have a few pages to go on our site as well, but for the most part, using backspace to take out the A's seems to be working, as long as I remember to republish afterwards. I've been republishing after each page I finish, then double check it to make sure I didn't miss anything.

4 Messages

• 

82 Points

The A's dont show up on my website building manager.  It looks perfectly normal there.  It is only on the published pages outside of the homestead platform.  I have deleted text boxes and retyped them.  yours must be different than mine.  It is very frustrating

6 Messages

• 

88 Points

same

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

27 days ago

Call support for HELP.

44 Messages

• 

652 Points

@russell5607​ Shut up Russell!!! You keep offering that useless advice and you have been told to STFU already!

Folks. Russell is not a human being. He is a bot, likely put here by Homestead for when we complain like this. Anyone who has actually called Homestead customer service knows how impossible it is to get an actual person on the line. If you are actually "lucky" enough to get a human on the phone, they are unable to assist you with the problem you are having. Just like the many other problems we have faced through the years, this issue will either eventually resolve on its own or it won't and that may take years.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

@ingrid7884​ I resent that remark.

44 Messages

• 

652 Points

@russell5607​ I honestly don’t care, Russell. You have been told NUMEROUS times that calling Homestead customer service is useless. You have been repeatedly asked to stop posting this information and you continue to do it.

We are real business owners who have been dealing with real problems with our websites for months and Homestead customer service offers NO help whatsoever.

Do you work for the company? If so, offer real solutions. Because their customer service department is completely useless. If you don’t work for the company just stop with this canned answer which is just as useless.

8 Messages

• 

100 Points

@ingrid7884​ 

I actually used the phone number he provided and did speak to a live person, although she was difficult to understand as she was obviously foreign. This is how I got the information about using backspace and that they will be emailing customers about the new web publisher program.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

26 days ago

Try removing punctuation from between letters, ie tabs.