homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 11:41 PM

The Importance of a Mobile-Friendly Website

The Importance of a Mobile-Friendly Website

I’m sure you have heard the word mobile-friendly mentioned a lot more often than you have in previous years. As technology advances, many people are now using a mobile phone or tablet device to browse the internet. It is essential to your business that you have your website set up to be mobile-friendly in order to optimize your customer's experience and generate the maximum amount of revenue for your business. 

What does it mean to be mobile friendly?

When referring to mobile-friendly websites, this means that the website looks and functions accurately on any mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet. The mobile-friendly aspect eliminates the hassle of zooming in and out and having to adjust the content that shows when you are using a phone. Having a responsive design, like WebsiteBuilder, is the base of a mobile-friendly website, without it, a customer using a phone or tablet who visits your site will see a miniaturized version of your desktop site. This means they'll have to scroll vertically and horizontally, zoom in and out and look harder then they may want to to find anything. On average, if a visitor does not find what they are looking for in about 10 seconds, they'll leave and go to a competitors site. 

Why is having a mobile-friendly website important?

As of 2018, if your website isn't mobile-friendly it will no longer be found in mobile searches! This is extremely important because 52% of all global online traffic in 2017 came from mobile searches and is increasing quickly. Without a mobile-friendly site you will miss out on all these potential customers and you will also take a huge hit in your desktop rankings. 

Not only does having a mobile-friendly site provide a better experience for customers, it also helps boost your search engine rankings and amplifies your visibility, ultimately allowing you to reach more customers, faster. One of the best things about having a mobile-friendly website is that you can reach a wider audience, expanding your brand's credibility. Making your website mobile-friendly automatically opens your customer base up to anyone performing a mobile search. Even if a customer doesn't search for your exact URL, they can perform a general search to find you quickly and easily. Plus, mobile-friendliness is a ranking symbol on Google which can help you get on the first page of search results, 72% of people never scroll past the first page of results. 

What makes a good mobile-friendly site?

Good qualities of a mobile-friendly website are, easy to read text, simple design and having a call to action at the top of the site. Clear content is also vital, make sure the visitor has the opportunity to find exactly what they are looking for quickly. Mobile sites should be sweet and short, not overwhelming your visitor with too much information causing them to scroll down for what seems like forever. 

Have YOU started using WebsiteBuilder? Take advantage of the new responsive software and its added features. One of the many benefits of the new builder is the mobile-friendly aspect. In a recent study, about 56 percent of online searches came from a mobile device. Don't miss out on any potential customers or revenue again, get started in Website Builder today!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

4 years ago

do I have to change my site >?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Debra,

Homestead is not forcing any of their customers to change their site. It is definitely recommended to rebuild using the newest builder for the best experience and support we offer. However, the sitebuilder plus websites will still be hosted and supported. 

4 Messages

• 

192 Points

I created a new site with the new website builder however the site on myphone is not the same. It is not synced and has added copy
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

WebsiteBuilder will display the mobile friendly version of the site. You can edit the content by clicking on the mobile icon and adjusting the mobile site. 

If you want the desktop view to show on a phone click settings and set it to desktop view. 

1 Message

• 

112 Points

I don't see the option for mobile on SiteBuiler and my PC Browser looks cool, but the mobile version is just not an option. Do I need to download the Builder software?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Bill, 

Unfortunately since Sitebuilder is an older software it does not come equipped with a mobile friendly aspect. If you wish to create a site with this feature you can add a new site to the account and build using WebsiteBuilder. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-new-site

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

4 years ago

Michelle.....why does the mobile version of my site www.getcoveredinflorida.com not include the two buttons?    How do I get the "get quote" button over there.    Also, how do I add an image to the mobile that doesn't show up?

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

4 years ago

Is there an easier way to make my website mobile-friendly without starting over? There is so much time and work involved in my current site. It is an overwhelming task. It seems it should be an automated option to update to mobile.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Homestead's only option for a mobile friendly website is with the utilization of Websitebuilder. You may be able to set up a redirect for a mobile site with a third party mobile converter but we would not be able to assist with this process, apologies. I understand it can be a time-consuming task to move the site over but it can be worked on little by little until completed.

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 years ago

is there a way to transfer my older version homestead website into the new version of sitebuilder rather than rebuild the entire website?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Creating a site in the new builder will not interfere with your current website. It does require rebuilding but this can be done on the backend, at your pace while the current site is still up and available to your customers. The pictures and content can still be accessed and the text can be copied and pasted over. Whenever you are done building, the domain can then be connected to the new site by changing the site association.

Another option, if the site is approved, I can offer is to have us rebuild your site in the new builder. We would build your site, identical to how it is now, in the new builder so that it is secure and mobile-friendly. This service is a one time charge of $150 for every 5 pages. Once we are done, you would be able to edit the new site going forward. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

11 Messages

• 

190 Points

how do I the domain can then be connected to the new site by changing the site association.

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

I have had a responsive version of our website up for almost two years now.  However, when I test the mobile version in preview mode after making some small changes (mostly text changes), I am only able to see the header and nothing else on the page.  I have saved this version but am afraid to publish it.  Do you have any idea what might be going on?

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

UPDATE:  Please disregard this message.  I've figured it out!

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Awesome, glad you figured it out. 

4 Messages

• 

262 Points

I am having difficulty with the mobile once published. It does not look like the preview for mobile before publishing. Is this the same issue you had about a year ago?  Thanks.

9 Messages

• 

230 Points

3 years ago

how do i make my present website, more mobile friendly?

7 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

to make my website mobile friendly do i needed to pay for it

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

To make your website mobile-friendly, you just need to make sure it's built in WebsiteBuilder. It does not cost extra. 

10 Messages

• 

458 Points

8 months ago

Is there a video tutorial "How to use mobile editor" ?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMUS7hZaJtY&list=PLj6E0cU5Ye9IzV32EiQ2BSYtOtP9abjiE&pp=iAQB