P

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 3:08 PM

Closed

My site is not displaying correctly

My web site, actually the one that I maintain, started having display issues with Firefox but Edge was ok. Now its gone downhill to both Firefox and Edge, are showing the same garbage characters that shouldn't be there. Web builder program shows it all good, publish to the web appears to proceed normally but what I see, different computers, different browser, shows corruption.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Strange Characters on Websites

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

1 month ago

What's the website address?

Have you called support?

Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6a - 5p MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

Trying to find support is nearly non-exisitent. I will try that number right away. This particular site is a simple, non-business, "parkridgeatleecreek.org"

I've verified that now its also showing the messed up characters being put in there via IOS/Safari too. So this issue is coming from Homestead and/or the hosting service they use since this is where the hosting was signed up for.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

@parkridgepoa6169http://www.parkridgeatleecreek.org/

Have you tried deleting the corrupted copy and entering new copy?

image.png

The connection to parkridgeatleecreek.org is not secure

You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS. Learn more

Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6a - 5p MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

How to Add an SSL Certificate to Your Wix Site
https://support.wix.com/en/article/troubleshooting-your-ssl-certificate
YouTube video: https://youtu.be/MSxykzdYkII?si=lISp71AfiifAIO3p

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

I shouldn't need HTTPS as I never set up for that as it wasn't needed

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

@parkridgepoa6169

Securing your website is up to you.

4 Messages

• 

80 Points

1 month ago

I am having the same issue.  I erased all the pages and started again.  All are fixed but one.  I can't seem to get rid of it.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

@pamela2035​ Ditch that page. It's corrupted. Start a new page, copy and paste from your website.

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

1 month ago

I can't call them till tomorrow morning when they open again. I didn't see this issue until just a couple of days ago when its been fine for months. This site only rarely gets updated but still important for those who look at it. Weird part is that it showed issues with just one browser then the problem migrated to other browsers and now has migrated to IOS/Safari as well. I've already confirmed its not on my internal network by using the IOS via 5G, problem still appears, so this issue is on the Homestead side of things or their hosting processes.

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

1 month ago

From reading other posts here, it appears this is a much wider issue, so its not just my simple site. Its possibly numerous sites for lots of users. I'll be calling them this morning but I'm guessing they already know there's an issue.

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

1 month ago

So I called them this morning as I said I would. The young lady helped me but basically saying that I'd have to copy out the selected text, fix, then copy back into "new" text blocks. She stated that my current web builder plus software was no longer being maintained by Homestead and that I would need to build a new site using their newer Web Builder. She also stated this older Web Builder Plus was being phased out shortly.

So examining and doing what she requested, I found the characters in question, were mostly "tabs" that their site, no longer likes. It many cases, it didn't like "spaces" either such as between some letters. Anyway, I dutifully copied out, removed the text boxes, create new text boxes and copied back in from a MS Word doc(temporary holding, although she suggested WordPad), saved and published that page. There was a significant reduction in the problem characters although now we can't seem to use tabs in our wording.

I mentioned to her that many others in here appear to be having the same issues and did did not deny knowing anything about it. So my paragraph formatting is not as desirable as it was but the problem that's happened to all of us whom are impacted, IS on their end.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

Glad to see you've worked it out!