J

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Wednesday, February 28th, 2024 3:37 AM

How to change domain name?

I have a website on homestead with a domain name (which points to something else, but I don't think that's relevant to this question). I want to change the domain name to a different name I already have in mind. Same website, same homestead, everything same, just a new name. (I already typed it in to check availability under "Get a new domain" and saw it was available).

How do i do it?

under "Domain" tab, "Manage your website domains"

i see something about Site: change site association

I see something about Domain control: Domain locking, nameservers, advanced DNS setting

is it somewhere here? or elsewhere

Thank you so much,

Joseph

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

4 months ago

Hello, 

This depends. Are you keeping your other domain? If not, you can simply delete the old domain first, then purchase the new domain. Let me know when you've done this so I can make sure the new domain connects to the site properly. 

If you'll be keeping both domains, you'll need to create a holding site for one of the two domains, as only one domain can be attached to a website directly. 

‎WebsiteBuilder: Connect More Than 1 Domain to Site | Homestead Community

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

I'm trying to change the name so I woild not keep the old but it seems it's not just a simple name change.

So, 1st i delete old, then make new domain, then u would like transfer the information over?

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

If you delete the old domain, and then purchase your new domain, it will likely automatically connect to your site. I just want to double-check.