S

18 Messages

• 

296 Points

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 2:18 PM

Website changes not publishing

Hello, I posted a comment in the thread on another related post yesterday (https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/why-is-website-not-updating-when-published/663532ba686aef4f279b288c), but figured it would be a good idea to start a separate post. Briefly, I’m having a very similar issue as described by that other post. I've tried to update a page repeatedly over the last several days. The changes show correctly in the site preview, the changes are saved, and I see no errors when clicking to publish the site. However, the changes don’t appear when the site is viewed. When I go to the site save history the little globe icon is gray, not blue - meaning that version is not published!

I've tried multiple devices and browsers, and clearing browser caches to no avail. Oddly, the site will occasionally display with an earlier save version - but not ever the latest version. I’ve checked all of the account-based items listed in the other post (i.e., limits on number of pages, disk space, etc.), but I am nowhere near any limits. Any suggestions? This is causing me some heartburn.

Accepted Solution

18 Messages

• 

296 Points

17 days ago

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread. I want to give a shout out to Summer from Homestead support, who has worked with me over the last couple of days to fix the publishing issues with my site. She was extremely patient, helpful, and determined to get a good result for the customer (me). I was able to learn some things along the way as a bonus. Excellent support and outstanding customer service!

1.4K Messages

• 

14.1K Points

25 days ago

Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

25 days ago

Hello, 

I can see that you called in. Did you get this issue resolved? 

18 Messages

• 

296 Points

@elyzabethv​ Hi Elyzabeth, unfortunately not. Anna in Support gave me a couple of DNS A records to add (my DNS provider is Web.com, formerly known as Dotster) which pointed www and @ hosts to 66.235.200.23 (the existing values were set to 66.96.161.130). After the 1 hour timeout elapsed, I checked again, and my site was unreachable. I've put those A records back to their previous values for now (hoping that will at least get me back to where I was before, with a reachable site, so I can then continue to troubleshoot the mystery of the erratic publishing).

1.4K Messages

• 

14.1K Points

@steve7810​ Call again.

18 Messages

• 

296 Points

@russell5607​ Thanks Russell, I'll call back in when I can get a minute. Reverting the DNS changes did bring my site back online, but still with the original issue of changes not publishing (although the editor gives no errors). FYI, someone in Support sent me an email this morning "to let [me] know that the website is now online and secure" (which is true, albeit still with the original issue I called about), along with this somewhat unhelpful comment: "Be advised we do not have Email support to reply back." So I don't know if Support actually changed anything or took any action until I'm able to break free from a very hectic day to call back. 

2 Messages

• 

182 Points

22 days ago

I'm having the same issues. I keep hitting publish but the changes only show in preview, not live! I didn't even realize until today that my old prices were showing still when I changed them long ago. 

1.4K Messages

• 

14.1K Points

@beverly_charriere_mason​ Call support.

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Hello, 

Which website/page are you experiencing this issue with? I can definitely look into this issue. 

18 Messages

• 

296 Points

@elyzabethv​ Hi Elyzabeth, the site is coolerbythecoast.com and the specific page is "Upcoming Events" (please see screenshot in entry below). Thanks for any help or suggestions.

18 Messages

• 

296 Points

21 days ago

So just an update for anyone who may be following this. I did call Support again yesterday, and they had an engineer "clear the cache on the back end" (whatever that may mean), and suggested I wait an hour or two and retry editing/publishing. I did, and no change in behavior/symptoms. I waited an additional 24 hrs (knowing that sometimes these things take time to propagate), but still no changes as of today.

As you can see in the screen shot below, my most recent saved changes versions are showing in the editor as "Published - No" (despite my having clicked to publish them, and receiving a "Your site has been published" popup message, with no other errors or alerts).

Given that it's a holiday weekend here in the USA, I suppose there's nothing more I can do with this until Tuesday. The fact that others have reported similar behavior (hi, Beverly!) make me suspect that this may not be site-specific, but perhaps related to some kind of Website Builder or back-end issue. It's quite frustrating, since this hasn't been an issue until recently.

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Hello, 

Have your updates published or are you still experiencing this issue?