W

45 Messages

• 

750 Points

Wednesday, August 7th, 2024 10:07 AM

Strange characters

I have found out that my site www.mendotaareaseniorservices.org when published looks fine but when I view the site through the browser (Google) it shows strange characters where symbols (!, $, %, etc) should be. Can you advise what has happened? I need to have an answer on this as soon as possible.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Strange Characters on Websites

45 Messages

• 

750 Points

1 month ago

I have found that if I publish and preview the site appears fine. But when I pull the site up on a different browser is where the strange characters show up. Please look into this if you can.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.5K Points

You are not the only account suffering from this problem. Call support and ask them if they have a solution. Let us know what you find out.

Call support for HELP.
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6a - 5p MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

29 Messages

• 

240 Points

1 month ago

The problem is, Homestead stopped updating their Web Builder Plus, to be phased out. Those characters are from the "tabs" and some "spaces" in your words. If you remove those tabs to start with, many of those issues will go away. Homestead told me this morning to copy out the text, delete the text box, then make a new text box and copy back in, from the outside source, the desired text. Save, Publish and see where you stand. They suggested that we create new sites, using their latest Web Builder software.