homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:42 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Here's how you find the file manger:

1. Click on the Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or sitename at the top. Then, choose View File Manager from the drop-down menu.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled file manager.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Jack1187,

If you are looking for it, these are the instructions. If you have a different question feel free to ask.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled file manger storing pictures on homeestead.

unable to find pictures

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

9 years ago

It's under your URL on the page editor.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled upload+custom+website.

I want to delete my website I built with template and upload a custom website I designed.
How is this accomplished?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can use the file manager as long as the new site is HTML

7 Messages

• 

212 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I publish to my Homestead account a website built with other software wi....

How can I publish to my Homestead account  a website built with other software wich is not Homestead Site Builder?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Iris9306,

You must upload the files using the file manager, and use the publish function within Sitebuilder. If your site generates folders, then you need to create the folders using the file manager, then add the appropriate files to that folder. Also, the pages must be HTML ot HTM to work on Homestead.

7 Messages

• 

212 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Publishing a website built with other software.

How can I publish a website to my Homestead account, built with another software wich is not Intuit SiteBuider?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You must upload the files using the file manager, and use the publish
function within Sitebuilder. If your site generates folders, then you
need to create the folders using the file manager, then add the
appropriate files to that folder. Also, the pages must be HTML ot HTM to
work on Homestead.

10 Messages

• 

284 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP!!!!!!!.

My sitebuilder will not launch. I cannot upload files to my website. When I first asked this question, the instructions do not match your online website manager. How can I upload files until my sitebuilder is working again. HELP!!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can use the file manager to upload files. I haven't worked much with Edge, Microsoft's new browser. You may want to use Chrome or Firefox if you have trouble.

6 Messages

• 

296 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Deleting/Removing files & Images.

When you go to upload an Image to your site (box pops up) says website files, My question is how to i remove the thing or old stuff out of there so it wont look cluttered/mess from whats new or old??
Thanks,
 Brent 

Example :

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Yo remove site files, you need to use the file manager

8 Messages

• 

264 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled where is the file manager screen.

where is the file manager screen?

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

It's on your page editor under the URL.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I delete files.

I believe i have too many files uploaded and this is preventing me from publishing updated information. Aparently, I need to delete files for more room. I cannot find a deletion mechanism for the files uploaded

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Use the file manager, under the URL on your page editor.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello Manuel1983, were you able to find your File Manager? If you are in the Sitebuilder, click the URL of your website, and in the drop down you should see File Manager.

14 Messages

• 

326 Points

I have  a fairly new Microsoft 10 computer and I have tries everything to find my file manager but it does not show anywhere

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

When you click on your site name in the top right, what do you see? There should be a view file manager link.

93 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am trying to import a .cssl file.

I am trying to import a .cssl file into my file manager via FTP. Can you please help me achieve
this. I have located an FTP provider to do this but that is as far as I can go. Thanks 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Homestead does not operate FTP servers. You can upload the file via our file manager. After importing, you will need to publish it.

14 Messages

• 

326 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where do I find my file manager to clear old files.

11 Messages

• 

414 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I upload images for later use?.

In my old Sitebuilder I had a file cabinet I could up load photos in. When I wanted to add images to my blog I believe I could use the urls from those files. How do I do this on Sitebulilder Plus?

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Behind the URL on your page editor.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled where is file manager.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled where is file manager screen?.