homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:42 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Here's how you find the file manger:

1. Click on the Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or sitename at the top. Then, choose View File Manager from the drop-down menu.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how can I upload an HTML file to my homestead site?.

I am trying to link my homestead website with my google blog and google is trying to verify my website and asking me to upload an HTML verification file in order to link my website with my google blog

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Rafael1638
, Follow the steps above to access the File Manager.  Once you are in the File Manger, you'll see an Import button on the top menu.  Just import the html file and click the publish button.

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

10 years ago

I have Sitebuilder Plus and when I click on the website I would like to work on, there is no dropdown option for file manager. is there someplace else?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Debra2568,   See the screenshot posted by Drew above. If you are using the Plus version, you'll just click on your domain name, and you'll get a drop down menu where you'll see the link.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

ftp upload.

I created a website in another program, how do I upload it to my domain? 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can follow these instructions.

Drew

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

Managing files tab missing.

Problem: Under the website manager tab, the link to "managing files" is missing. There is no way to reach files to add to or change them. A chat assistant shared a link with me that works for now, but it would be much easier if the original link was restored.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Larry7455,   The link to the File Manager was never under the Websites Manager link.   Follow the steps above. You'll see your domain name or site name at the top right side of the page. When you click on that, it displays a drop-down menu with a link to the File Manager.

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

I'm sorry but you are incorrect. This link was under Websites manager as that's the only way I have been doing this for about 14 years. I do not use or go through Site builder. The "upload and manage files" link was in the drop down box called "more." It was there just a few weeks ago, because I used it then.

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

Here is the page under Website Manager, to which the previous assistant gave me the address. The old link used to take me to this page.

https://www.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_SiteManager/SiteManager.dll?CMD=CMDManageFiles

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

Actually I probably shouldn't have posted that link. Once you check it out, please delete it.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

That makes sense.  Sorry for the confusion. I see you are referring to the Websites Manager page on the Homestead website not the Websites Manager link in the Sitebuilder program.

Yes, that link was there for years and I'm not sure why the developers removed it.  The best solution I have is to save the link above as a bookmark, then when you log in to homestead.com, you can still access it with just one click by clicking the bookmark instead.

6 Messages

• 

328 Points

10 years ago

What happened to file manager.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi WaltRidenour,

This is where you can find the file manager in Sitebuilder Plus.

Thanks

Drew

1 Message

• 

110 Points

10 years ago

i use to have a box that came up with all my files in it......i could upload pictures and then preview them....i know i can do all this on sitebuilder...but now the URL addy has changed...how do i get back into the file manager box...i use to get to it under the 'more' button...now it is gone

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

That was removed with the Sitebuilder Plus file manager, but if you like you can log in to your account and then copy/paste this URL in the address bar.  Make sure to bookmark it.

https://www.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_SiteManager/SiteManager.dll?CMD=CMDManageFiles

Thanks

Drew

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Upload files written in Notepad in HTML.

I write pages in HTML using Notepad.  With Sitebuilder Plus, I can not find File Manager to upload the files and photos to the website directory.  Please give us File Manager access...  I do not like your changes!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Don9121,  You still have full access to the File Manager. See steps above. Just click on your domain name and you'll see a menu with the link to the File Manager. 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Mike...it isn't there. I don't see it at all when I click on any of my domain names. It used to be on the left sidebar. Why did you remove it? Tell me very specifically, please, exactly how to find it. thanks.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How do I access my Link pages.

I need to delete some old links files that I am no longer using

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Victoria1655,   Follow the steps on this page to access the file manager screen. Once you are in the file manager screen, you can delete any unwanted files. 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

I don't see File Manager when I click on my domain name...it just isn't there. Why did you remove this from the left sidebar? It was so handy. Tell me very specifically exactly where i should look to find it, thanks.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Reggie3748  from your description, it sounds like you are using the desktop SiteBuilder rather than the Plus version. On the desktop version, the File Manager is always son the left side in the sidebar,  unless you actually close it. If you closed it you can click View > SiteBuidler Bar > Show SiteBuilder bar and it will return. .  

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Not able to access file manager. Instructions previously posted don't take me to file manager. Want to remove files..

I want to reduce disk space by removing files but cannot get to file manager.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Are you using the steps on this page, above?   Where are you getting stuck, or are you getting some sort of error etc? 

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

Thanks for quick response - The procedural instructions are clear, what is a bit vague is where you go to access the file manager.  I agree with an earlier comment made by another user that the file manager should be located under "Tools" menue.  After much time spent looking for the file manager, I found it and was able to resolve issue.  Appreciate your follow-up.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You're welcome. 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled dreamweaver.

How can I upload a site from Dreamweaver

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

anthony1912,

You'll have to use the file manager in Sitebuilder Plus to upload the files. They must be HTML or HTM files. ASP or PHP are not supported.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I manage my image library?.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello John8260,

To manage your image library, you want to access your file manager. Please see the article above to see steps on how to do so. 

6 Messages

• 

282 Points

i still cant access my file manager, i have seen all the articles, i dont see a sidebar nor am i able to click on my domail name. it isnt highlighted at all as a link

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Try clearing your browser history. If that doesn't work, then try using Chrome instead. I was able to launch your file manager with no problem.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how can I pull up my page listings to delete unwanted files and to move photo fil....

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I get to the photos I have uploaded.

I want to get to the photos I have already uploaded to rename them and delete some

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can see the files on your site in the file manager as show in the article above.

3 Messages

• 

194 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't get to my file manager!.

Can't get to my file manager. I think new files are not publishing, but I can't get there to find out. No set of directions I have found in previous answers gets me there. There is no drop down menu that says "view file manager" of anything close. Help!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Click on your site name in the top right of Sitebuilder.

4 Messages

• 

234 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Importing Excel Files.

How can I export files directly from Excel into Homestead.  It appears like I need an ftp address and then use my username/password?  Any help out there in the cyber world?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Fraser4306

Homestead does not offer FTP service, but you can use the file manager to import files.