homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:17 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Link Text

Sitebuilder Plus: Link Text
Here are instructions to add a link to existing text.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Go to the page with text you'd like to be a link.

3. Double-click on the text box that contains the text you want to be a link. Then, highlight the specific text that will be the link.

4. On the right, in Text Settings click Link. You may have to scroll down to see the button.

5. In the Link window, finalize the link settings.

6. What do you want to link to?
    • Existing Page or File -- Use this if you'd like to link the text to another page within your website.

• URL (Web Address) -- Use this if you'd like to link to another website.

• Email Address -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to an email address.

• Another Area on this page -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to another area on the same page.

How do you want the link to open?
    Choose open in the same window or in a new browser window.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the text link live.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to add a link to existing text.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Go to the page with text you'd like to be a link.

3. Double-click on the text box that contains the text you want to be a link. Then, highlight the specific text that will be the link.

4. On the right, in Text Settings click Link. You may have to scroll down to see the button.

5. In the Link window, finalize the link settings.

6. What do you want to link to?
    • Existing Page or File -- Use this if you'd like to link the text to another page within your website.

• URL (Web Address) -- Use this if you'd like to link to another website.

• Email Address -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to an email address.

• Another Area on this page -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to another area on the same page.

How do you want the link to open?
    Choose open in the same window or in a new browser window.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the text link live.

3 Messages

• 

182 Points

Tried this, but when I try to attach a link to text in a box, the text disappears, and I can't see the link either.  However, I know the link is there, because (1) if I put my cursor on it and click in edit mode, it shows up, one word per click, and (2) if I preview and click on the blank space where the original text was, it opens the link.  

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Richard9529,  Check to see if your link color is the same as the background color. 
How can I change the color of text links?

Mike

16 Messages

• 

690 Points

Julie here.  I understand how to highlight text, and create a link using Email (and website pages, and anchors).  However, when I visit my LIVE SITE, for my computer, that TEXT launches "Microsoft Outlook," which we do not use.  We use GMAIL.  

My friend used her computer, and clicking the email link did not bring anything up on her computer.  Is there any way to control what the link does once it is selected?  Since most of my customers seem to have Yahoo accts and Gmail accounts, this has to be a more widespread problem.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

There is no way to do that. Every computer can set the default email program for themselves. I believe you can set the default to a webmail program, at least Chrome can do it for gmail. I am not sure about Yahoo.

2 Messages

• 

182 Points

I can't seem to link an email address to text, followed the "Official" version above (except that it is outdated and doesn't even seem to apply anymore functionally, for example, there is no "Link" button or "Text Settings on the right".  Intuitively I'm clicking on the text box to open the Text Setting menu, highlighting the text to be linked, clicking on "Attach Link", typing in the email address under email, click OK, publish. Nothing.  Is there something I'm doing wrong? I don't seem to be finding anything more recent on this subject?

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

12 years ago

I'm trying to post one link to another on my pages but the link is not going through

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
the link is not working.

25 Messages

• 

6.6K Points

Hi Rosie, I merged your question to this topic. This is how you can link text to other pages. One thing I want to mention, is that you might want to clear your cache after you make changes to your website. It could be that your website is hanging on to a previous version where the link wasn't working.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know if there is a specific link I can check and help you get fixed.

Hope that helps!

Angela

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How do I add an email link to my page? For example i want visitors to click a link that allows them to send me an email without having to type the email address in their browser.

email links.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Jerry -

Please check out Step 5 on how to create a link that links to an email address.

Thanks,
Aubrey

6 Messages

• 

274 Points

11 years ago

how do I create clickable links to other websites.

2 Messages

• 

154 Points

11 years ago

How to apply my email address to my website..

I'm trying to make it so a customer can click on our email on all pages & it will bring them to my email. Can you help? My website is: www.gravesfireprotection.com. When I try to "link" it, it says "this link needs to be opened with an application". What does this mean?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps in this thread, except... when you get to step #5, be sure to click the button next to "Email Address" instead of "Existing Page or File".

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do I add a view now under my product listing, I created the page, but don't know how to connect the two.

How do I get the view now under the picture category of my products, I have already made the picture page

23 Messages

• 

834 Points

11 years ago

how to include a sitemap for my visitors?.

How do I insert an HTML sitemap, that is, a sitemap for my visitors, into my homestead website? (Notice, this question does NOT concern an XML sitemap, which I have already successfully published to my site, and uploaded to google and bing webmaster tools.) As to the subject of this question, I have uploaded and published my HTML sitemap in the root directory of my website: what steps do I take to display this HTML sitemap to my visitors?

23 Messages

• 

834 Points

11 years ago

There's a much better way:

1. generate sitemaps here: http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

2. download the html sitemap to your computer, import it to the root directory of your website and publish it. (It will be a File in the File manager)

3. Add a link in your Site Main Navigation Menu (the one that appears on every page of your site) titled "sitemap." Under "what do your want to link to?", select "Existing page OR File" (because your sitemap is a File in your root directory).

Publish your site, and presto, you have sitemap link appearing on every page of your website which opens the HTML sitemap that sitemaps.com generated for you.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

how do I make a view product tab link to product photos from my browser.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The steps here should help. When you get to step #5, click the button to link to "a page or file".  When you click the Browse button your image files will appear in the same list as your pages, or you can select the file from your computer.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

store front.

sorry guys but I am just getting started. How do you link from a product to the store front. I want to click on the product and it take me to the same item in my store front. How do I do this. I have all the products listed?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just to clarify, your account is set up with the SimpleStore which is not the same as the Storefront. But, you can still link to the product pages. The first step is to pull up your live site and go to the store page. After you click on a product you'll be directed to the Product page. At this point, you just copy the URL from the web browser and then create a standard link to that page following the steps in this thread.

3 Messages

• 

184 Points

11 years ago

Website Templates.

Hi I am looking for a template for creating recipes on my website and in going through the Homestead Templates, I couldn't see anything that came close to what I was hoping for. I wondered how easy it would be to create a seamless page that linked to a Wordpress template?

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

How can I create a hyperlink in my website?.

I would like to add a link to one of my artists social networking sites but I cannot get it to create a hyperlink.

6 Messages

• 

180 Points

11 years ago

For some reason, the system won't accept the HTML links I'm creating. When I highlight the text and click on the links, I see that they exist, but they aren't registering on the page. Here's a link so you can see what I'm referring to: https://sitebuilder.homestead.com/~si...

Look at Carol Milgard Breast Center and Assured Imaging

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Sorry I can't access it from the SiteBulder URL. Which site are you working on, and which page?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How can I make a link to my antler carvings facebook on my website?.

I would like viewers of my website to link directly to my business antler carvings facebook site

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

how do I insert a hyperlink.