homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I want change the wording in one of my navigation links. How do I do this?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Annette2260.  See step #3. It's the Display Name field you need to edit.

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Error message on last page of my website.

Hi there-

When I go to view the Linkspage on my website as a regular user (not logged in) I get an error that says "Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found"
When I log in, the page looks perfect. I save and publish and there are no errors when I do it. Can you tell me what to do so that the general public can see my Links page?
Thanks,
www.communicatorforyou.com

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Sharon3197,

Your navigation menu has the links pointing to a page called contact.html.  Your links page is called linkspage.html.  Follow these steps to update the link to the actual page.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled hello im trying to change the names of the tabs in my tool bar can someone help.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi laiothemanager2600,

This topic shows how to edit the display name in the navigation menu.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why doesn't the web page show after it is published?.

I have added a new page and finished editing, saved and published. It will not show on the site. What is the problem

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Your link on the navigation menu is pointing to a page name that doesn't exist. Use these instructions to point to the correct page name. It's best to use the browse button to select a page.

Drew

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am having difficulty having one of the pages to show up correctly on the websit....

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Debi6797,

Your navigation is linking incorrectly to that page. Edit the link and use the browse button to select the page.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I change the names on the tabs on the website?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

MR ALFRED J BAKER3650,

Here's how to change the navigation names.

Drew

24 Messages

• 

464 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Template navigation bar names.

After I "commit" to a template, can I change the names of the buttons in the navigation menu bar at the top?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Stan8034,

Yes. This topic shows you how

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My page is "not found" after publishing.

why is my page "not found" after publishing?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Lisa0910,

You need to point the navigation links to the correct pages. This topic will show you how to edit the link.

Drew

6 Messages

• 

264 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem with navigation menu.

I just added a link to my navigation menu and rearranged the order of a couple of links. Now on my website when I clink on a link on my navigational menu it goes to the right page but the wrong page name is highlighted on the navigational menu. How can I fix this?
The website address is www.prestigeknowledge.com. When I click on Photo Gallery from the navigational menu it takes me to the 'Photo Gallery' page but 'Video Series' is highlighted on the navigational menu instead of 'Photo Gallery'. Also, when I click on 'Reviews' on the navigational menu it goes to the correct page but 'Photo Gallery' is highlighted on the navigational menu instead of 'Reviews'. Everything else on the navigational menu is working properly. It's just those two. I have tried deleting those links and then adding them back again but the same thing keeps happening. Can anyone help?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Antoinette9810,

Use these instructions and change the display name on each link.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Linking a new page.

I have made a new page, FUTURE and its now part of the quickstation navigational Menu but it isn't "linked" to the other pages. When you click on it from another page it doesn't link. HELP

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Denise,

You created a page called future, but you linked it to thefuture, which does not exist. Follow these instructions and use the browse button to select a page to link to so that typos will not occur.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP.

ALL OF MY PAGES WORK EXCEPT ONE IT TELLS ME THIS

Sorry, the page you're looking for can't be found.
Please try one of these links:

Home Page
How It Works
Quick Tour
Features
Design Gallery
Customer Sites
Free Trial

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Make sure your navigation menu is pointed to the right pages

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PAGE NOT SHOW UP.

EVERY TIME I UPDATE MY BONUS PAGE MY HOME PAGE SHOWS UP. PLEASE HELP!!!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You are linking back to the homepage in the navigation menu. You can see how to fix it here.

19 Messages

• 

452 Points

10 years ago

HELP! I do want to edit the names of my pages (so that they change in Google, not just within my site iteself) but I don't know what you mean by "site navigation menu." What's that? I have a menu tab that is called "Page Settings" and an option called "View Page," and I have a menu in my site. I don't see anything called "site navigation menu."

19 Messages

• 

452 Points

10 years ago

HELP! I do want to edit the names of my pages (so that they change in Google, not just within my site iteself) but I don't know what you mean by "site navigation menu." What's that? I have a menu tab that is called "Page Settings" and an option called "View Page," and I have a menu in my site. I don't see anything called "site navigation menu."

19 Messages

• 

452 Points

10 years ago

I renamed the page already... before, many days ago. However when I click "Edit link" and browse for the page by it's new name, the new name is not there. the page is still listed by it's old name.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

What page are you working with?

19 Messages

• 

452 Points

It's the entire site.  When I rename the pages, none of the new names show up where they're supposed to show up.  So I can't replace one page link with another because there is NO other in the menu.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Is it that you want to have the name of the page under view page, match the name in the navigation menu?

19 Messages

• 

452 Points

Basically, but not exactly.  In "Homebuilder" there's a tab called "Page Settings."  Under that tab there's a section called "Page Name and Description."  Within that section it says "Page Name."  I named all my pages there and what I would like is for those names to show up in the navigation menu and for search engines (except for the HOME page which is fine as it is.  Please disregard the email I sent a few minutes ago.  This answer is more exact.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The page name you are describing is what appears in the browser title bar or tab, not the navigation. The instructions above will help you change the navigation menu. Select the menu in the editor and on the right side go to Links. Highlight each link and change the Display name under the Link list