homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Can I change the order of pages on the "view page" drop down menu so it matches the order on the site navigation menu?.

I just upgraded to business, am in the process of adding a page and am planning to delete one. Somehow the way the pages are ordered in the "view page" drop down menu got all scrambled up and I can't fix it. For example "contact" appears right after "home" on the drop down menu but on the site navigation menu "contact" comes last. Is there a way to make these two menus match? I finally got the names of the pages to match and now I would like the order to match too. Thanks

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can not change the order in the drop-down menu as it is programed to be aphabetical, but you can change the order of the links on the screen. Follow the steps above and when you get to #3, you just click on a link, then use the up and down arrows to change the order.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How do I change the main page name to something different.

On my page it's Ameriplan Programs... when you go to view page it's home index...

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Your page is called testimonals.html, but your link goes to location.html. Edit as instructed above and you should be good.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Individual page headers.

I added a new page. How do I title that page i.e.
There is a home page, services page, Contact page. I just added a Testimonial page but the tab doesn't appear on the other pages.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

When you are looking at the link list, you can hit the + at the top right of the link list box to add a new link.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

Change site index, page ame altered.

I have changed a page name on my website, I cannot get into the site index to change the name there. it takes me to the proper location to edit, however when I scroll down to the text box to change the name, it will not let me choose any text within the box

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

Okeae, how do i reorder the pages?.

I just need to interchange the position of two pages - H E L P !
Please and thank you.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps above, except, when you get to step #3, just click on the link you want to re-order and then use the up, and down arrows to change the order.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

10 years ago

good answer !

5 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

Adding a link from homepage to another page..

I added a page to my website. How do I create a link from my homepage to the newly added page.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Using the steps above, click the "+" sign when you get to step #3, and it will give you an option to add new links.

Mike

5 Messages

• 

182 Points

My construction page looks NOTHING like the one above! No tabs, etc. Years ago I had no problem as the construction/edit program was different. The change didn't make it simpler for me. Do you still have the old program?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Peggy5284, Sorry for the confusion but I now see what is wrong. You are using ordinary text boxes instead of the actual navigation element. The process for creating links with the old SiteBuilder and new sitebuilder is identical so it doesn't matter which version you have, but, in order to help you out, you'll want to follow the steps on this page instead. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

At first I didn’t understand why I was getting a ‘404’ error until I realized I had to delete some pages. It took me a while to figure out I could delete with the minus signal. The use of the plus and minus signals for adding and removing pages should be emphasized... for novices like me. Cheers!

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

10 years ago

Good answer !

2 Messages

• 

176 Points

10 years ago

How do I link my site navigation buttns to specific web pages.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Step #3 above is where you can designate a specific page or url.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

164 Points

10 years ago

how to custom a navigation bar for my site.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How can I re-position my pages?.

How do I re-position the order of pages

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Are you actually referring to the order of the navigation links? If so, you can click on the up, and down arrows shown in step 3 above to change the order. If you are referring to something different please further explain.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Changing color of linked text.

I made my navigation menu with white type and now when I have the link added, it changed to blue-- am I able to change that color once the text is linked?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Randy6335,

For text links in the navigation menu, you can edit the text color under the Style tab. You can also edit the mouseover color and current page color under the Effects Tab. See image in Step #3 above.

The blue color is the mousover color.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

adding a page to the navigation menu bar.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the instructions on this thread.  When you get to step #3, you can click the "+" sign and it will let you add additional links to the menu.

Mike