homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to edit the navigation menu.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do you up date menu?.

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Link won't publish.

The about us link on our website will not publish. It'll let me edit and save changes but when clicking "about us" it will not go to that page. How do I correct this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Derek0596, You need to establish the link. Currently the link is null which means there is no link. The official response above should show you how to connect the pages.

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Link won't publish.

The about us link on our website will not publish. It'll let me edit and save changes but when clicking "about us" it will not go to that page. How do I correct this?. refreshing  or pushing F5 doesn't help.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Derek0596, You need to establish the link. Currently the link is null which means there is no link. The official response above should show you how to connect the pages.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You will also want to have the navigation menu on each page. You can either place it on the master page, or copy/paste it to each page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I increased my monthly payment over a year ago to add additional pages, cannot ev....

I have been trying to publish a "Contact & Reviews" page on my site for several months. I pay the monthly charge for additional pages, but have been unsuccessful getting this page to open when someone is looking on my website. My site is www.countryaccentsflowers.com. When you click on Contact & Reviews, it says it cannot be found. Very frustrating.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Nancy1580, you need to edit the link and use the browse button to select the page to avoid typos. Your menu needs to point to a page.html, yours goes to page name. This will not work.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The navigation bar only shows three pages of five and the size appears to be lock....

Issues with navigation bar

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Peninsula Driftwood8856, use the + at the top of the link list to add a link to the menu. There are also tabs for style and effects. You can increase the spacing between links and the number of links allowed per line(max 10)

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I deleted a link in the navigation bar by accident. It still appears in the "view....

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Click on the menu and then the links tab. Then you can click on the + at the top of the link list. This topic will show you how to select what to link to and edit the display in the navigation.

6 Messages

• 

224 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I add a page to the navigation menu?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This topic actually shows you how to edit a link and display name on the menu, but to add a link, click the menu, then the links tab and the + at the top. Then follow the instructions at the top of this page to give it the name and to link it to the desired page.

12 Messages

• 

390 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Publishing Problem.

For 2 days, I have made changes, saved, and clicked publish. On the website get error page not found on several pages. Please fix publishing problem. Website: Upliftingfiction.info. Thanks.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

When you are editing your navigation menu, search for the pages and select them in the menu and hit OK. The guide above goes into a bit more detail.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

ADDING A PAGE TO YOUR MENU:
You need to add new pages to your menu? If you don't, they will not be accessible. "Highlite" the site navigation menu by hovering your cursor over the menu and left click one time > The site navigation menu settings are on the right side of your monitor > Select Links > Select "+" > Browse your files and select the page you want to add > select the file and press OK in the command box > Scroll down to the bottom of the settings menu to insert "Page Name" > the new page element will be highlited on the list > Move the new title to the desired position. 
Experiment with the Site Navigation Menu Settings tool. You can adjust font sizes and spacing.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my new page entitled videos is not showing up.

i added it, but when you access the website that page wont open
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I see the link was added, but it might be missing the .html at the end of it. The article above goes into more detail about editing your navigation menu, but when you are inside of the editor, select your navigation menu, select the Videos link, and be sure to select the Videos page in the dropdown.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why will my site not publish.

built the site now when I hit the 
publish button it will not launch    also when I hit preview that will not work either 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

innerspiritnativeartanddesign8061, The site works for me, but you have some pages on the navigation that are not linked correctly. Follow the official response above and make sure to use the browse button when editing the link. That way you will avoid spelling mistakes.

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

Thanks. This was very helpful and worked great as soon as I remembered to publish the entire website and not just the page!

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

is there anyone I can call? i need help in my website. pls help me
Ellen
you can reach me at 857-272-0017 or ellendaycare@yahoo.com
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

You can either post your concern as a question here on the Community and I can help you or you can call out support number 800-710-1998. We cannot call you.

9 Messages

• 

272 Points

change the name of a page
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Bill, 

Here are instructions to rename pages that display in the view page drop down in Sitebuilder plus. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-plus-rename-pages

If you only want to change what your customers see on the site you can edit the display name on the navigation menu. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_edit_a_page_name_and_link_within_my_site_navigation_menu

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

Thank you So much!!! 

2 Messages

• 

72 Points

3 months ago

I cannot get the menu text to be spaced so it's visually pleasing. Image attached

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@dasharpton3006​ Select the menu > Try using the properties editor.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

Unfortunately, menu buttons are all the same width, so depending on the page name length, it may look like some are further apart. I would recommend adding a border to your buttons (changing the style), so people can see that the buttons are spaced properly.