homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't see my web site in the internet and Navigacion menus no longer appear.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I get ( home, about us, jobs) to show up on my home page. I cant leave the....

I can move from my home page to ( about us page, or jobs) from my home page when people open my site, so people who visit my site cant get pasted the home page

2 Messages

• 

122 Points

7 years ago

Ive followed the instructions over and over for hours and the page names dont appear only link # and when I go to my website and click a link ,Page not available.Why make it like pulling teeth to name a page and make a menu.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The link number is simply the place holder until you edit the information, both the display name and the link. You can see how to edit them after the fact in this topic, https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_edit_a_page_name_and_link_within_my_site_...

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can anyone help me insert buttons that take viewers to other pages on my site ?.

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 years ago

I have added two pages to my website. BOTH are without the navigation menu that appears on the other pages. The instructions here on inserting a navigation menu are nice - BUT - the format of what is shown here is the old web-builder. There is NO INSERT anywhere on mine. Please help me.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Posted a Websitebuilder question in a Sitebuilder topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: Why is my menu not on 2 pages?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Posted a Websitebuilder question in a Sitebuilder topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: Why is my menu not on 2 pages?

4 Messages

• 

210 Points

6 years ago

I have run into an issue with the menu bars. For some unexplained reason the menu bar on the bottom of the pages will not move to the next page after you click on the 3rd Page. This frustrating thing is it does this occasionally. Before I started this report to you it did not go thru to the last 3 pages. I tried it just now and it did go all the way thru. It’s frustrating and I suspect it could just be a glitch in the program as it will work but, I was wondering if you had encountered this too? I ask if you have encountered this issue and maybe have a fix.  hstrial-ddaniel489.homesteadcloud.com

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Posted a Websitebuilder question to a Sitebuilder topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Why can't I click on the menu items at the bottom of the page?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Posted a Websitebuilder question to a Sitebuilder topic

Please reference the new conversation here: Why can't I click on the menu items at the bottom of the page?

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 years ago

My mobile site does not have my navigation, and I am unable to add it. Can anyone help me...
I also do not have the 'Insert' tool bar and can not get any of the tool bars on my site.. Help!
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.8K Points

You are using a different builder than this article refers to.
I found the issue on your site. Your navigation menu was there in the mobile, it was just reduced to a size you couldn't see.

Also, the icon color was the same as the background. I made it black.
One more recommendation I have is to separate the business name and phone number into two different text boxes. This will make it easier to work with in the mobile.

11 Messages

• 

190 Points

3 years ago

still don't understand steps 9, and 10, need help

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

You can create a name for the navigation if you want or just hit ok to use the default name, I do see the navigation added to the site and everything was done correctly. 

11 Messages

• 

190 Points

my website page still shows "Not Secure" please I need help

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

I still see the homestead nameservers. Whatever Cloudflare nameservers are provided to you will need to be added to the edit nameservers option. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/domain-support/account-update-nameservers/5f2a9aec5818095884557442