homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Sunday, February 28th, 2016 3:29 PM

Account: Update Nameservers

Account: Update Nameservers

You can update your nameservers from the Domain manager screen.

1. Log into your account and click Domains on the left side of the screen.

2. Click "Manage your Website Domains"

3. Click "Edit your nameservers"

4. Click "Edit"

5. Erase and replace the existing nameservers with those provided to you from your website host.

WARNING. If you have email accounts with homestead, (or have previously changed your MX records to another host, this will interrupt your email service.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled please update my DNS to ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com
please add it in my dom...

please update my DNS to ns1.ipage.com and ns2.ipage.com
please add it in my domain name http://www.lafayettemanorbnb.com/
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Here is information on how to update your nameservers. I have made the changes for you for the domain lafayettemanorbnb.com.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

My nameserver is ns1.bigcommerce......am I even supposed to do this change for storefront
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.7K Points

If you are using BigCommerce, I would recommend taking advantage of their free SSL option:

https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/BigCommerce-SSL-Certificate/?q=ssl&l=en_US&f...

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Nameservers.

where on the homestead site do you change the nameservers?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.7K Points

Hello Laura5866

Here are the instructions for updating the name servers for domains registered through Homestead.

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

6 years ago

Hello, I hope you can help me to change the nameservers of my domain: deportecolegial.com
I have tried to do it on my own but after writing the new name for the Primary and Secundary servers, after saving the changes, the new names are switched between them.
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.7K Points

Hello Armando0622

What do you mean "The new names are switched between them? Like the order the nameservers appear? If so, that doesn't matter.

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

Thanks Elyzabeth. Are you familiar with the email that Homestead sent to us about switching our sites to https? I used the link in it to visit the Cloudflare website. I followed the steps including the instruction to change the nameservers: Primary to "molly...", Secundary to "piotr...", and delete all the others. But after saving the changes I see that on my domain status the server 1 shows the "piotr..." and the server 2 shows the "molly..." nameservers.
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.7K Points

Yes I am familiar with it. The order of the nameservers do not matter. Our system will automatically reorder them as it wants. Do not worry about that, you can continue with the instructions.

1 Message

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

my account does not have an option to  "edit your nameservers" ans the instructions above state. 
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.7K Points

This is because your domain is not registered with us. You would need to contact the company you register your domain through in order to update your nameservers.

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

4 years ago

I have tried changing our nameservers.. Hit Submit and it comes back with the dame nameservers as before...
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Deborah,

I currently see these name servers present. 

ns1.bdm.microsoftonline.com
ns2.bdm.microsoftonline.com
ns3.bdm.microsoftonline.com 
ns4.bdm.microsoftonline.com

What are you attempting to update these to?

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

We are transferring our domain to wix.com. So I need to change the nameservers to them at ns6.wixdns.net and ns7.wixdns.net. I have made the changes and submitted them, but it doesn't change them
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

The transfer process has already started for the domain, unfortunately, name servers cannot be altered while in this status. 

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

I keep getting from WIX that the domain can't be connected because it is missing the NS from WIX
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

I apologize, we must wait till the transfer is completed to change any name servers or DNS settings and this will need to be done with the new registrar. At this point they did not deny the transfer, they accepted it and requested the transfer. 

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

4 years ago

Hello, I keep trying to update my Nameservers, I'm having issues. When I select "Submit" after I input the correct nameservers it reverts back to default and won't save the new nameservers.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

What nameservers are you attempting to change to? I can try to update these on my end. 

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

Please change to 

Primary- ns4.wixdns.net

and

Secondary- ns5.wixdns.net

Thank you for your help

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

I do not need any additional besides Primary and Secondary 

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

It looks like this domain has already been submitted for transfer. During the transfer process nameservers cannot be changed. We will need to wait for the transfer to complete prior to making any updates. 

4 Messages

• 

90 Points

Okay, is there anything we can do to expedite?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

4 years ago

When I click on this option, I am told that there are technical difficulties:

It appears that our partners are experiencing some technical difficulties, so we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later.

How do I get that resolved? It's been this way for a week now and I need to change them for my domain.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Please contact support at 1-800-710-1998 and we can assist with updating DNS. 

(edited)

1 Message

• 

60 Points

2 years ago

How do I point my domain to my new site on Vercel while still using my homestead email?

Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.7K Points

Hello, 

You would need to point using DNS instead. You should get the DNS (A records, CNAME) from that hosting company and replace the ones for your Homestead site.