homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I created a 3 page web site and the only page that can be viewed is the homepage. What happened to the other 2 pages? How do I get to them?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Where did my pages go?.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Lisa -

Thanks for writing in!

It looks like all of your pages are in Sitebuilder and can be viewed by choosing the different pages from the "view page" dropdown menu in Sitebuilder. However, they are not visible when you view your live site, since you do not have a Site Navigation Menu on your page. Please check out this post on how to create one.

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

when I go to my site to view it the about us page does not show, but when I click on publish it opens up in a new window.

my about page is not showing what do i do..

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

HI Donna -

Thanks for writing in! It looks as though you'll need to add a Site Navigation Menu to your home page to link to your About us page. Check out the post above for more info.

Thanks,
Aubrey

1 Message

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

ok

4 Messages

• 

290 Points

11 years ago

When doing my 3 pages of my website www.richarddrakepainting.com why am I only seeing on page?

When publishing a website.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi rdrakepainting7418,

It looks like you don't have a menu or links/buttons to any of the other pages. You can use the instructions about to create a menu for your site which will allow you and your visitors to navigate through the different pages you've created.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

I have finally completed my editing and have published my site...requesting that all pages be published. However, only the home page appears at this time. I haven't been able to view the other three pages. What do I need to do at this point...or how do I make the "About Us", "Services" and "Contact Us" tabs at the top to work?or can you fix it for me? Thanks!

The entire site needs to be seen!!.

25 Messages

• 

6.6K Points

Hi sixstringsup,

I see that you've successfully published all of your pages. You will need to either link your text to the other pages or add a site navigation menu. I'd recommend adding the site navigation menu by following the steps listed above. That way, you can make the changes to all pages of your site at the same time. It will save you time and if you want to change the links later - you can do it all in one place.

Hope that helps!

Angela

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I was attempting to delete one link ( Services) and modify Products to Products and Services - Instead I deleted all page links -

I have lost my page links while trying to edit them. Help.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Dick7268,

Sorry for the delay -

Use the instructions above but select use existing rather than create new to get your old menu back (you can create a new one if you'd like).

Hope this info helps, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Hello,
I have tried to publish our website of westsideministorage.net and the only page that publishes is the home page. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Dani

Website only publishes home page of site..

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Dani,

Please use the instructions above to create a navigation menu for your website.

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I accidentally deleted the tool bar at the top that links to all of my pages. The "undo" button did not recover it. I have not published yet. How do I get it back?!?

Deleted a Toolbar. OOPS! Help!!.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Naomi9781,

Select use existing rather than create new and it will add your original menu back to the page.

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I am having a problem with the site navigation menu not showing up on new published page.

site navigation menu problem.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Chris9584,

Sorry for the delay -

Looks like you've already resolved it, but for future reference, you can use the instructions above and select existing to add the menu to a page.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

How do I make it so those viewing my webpage know how to go to the second page? I only see one page when I look at the webpage, but I am suppose to be able to access 3 pages. Is that not for one site? I want people to turn to the next page...how do I do it?

How do people get to my second page?.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

my toolbar isn't showing all the options for exemple the icon for "every page" doesn't appear.

Customize the Toolbar.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I am trying to work within the guidelines of the package I have. I am not sure if I am utilizing everything I am supposed to. when someone goes to our website, how will they move from page to page

when I publish my website, how will the customer go from page to page.

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

11 years ago

In the event that anyone having issues with navigations is using (the much better) SiteBuilder desktop version instead of SiteBuilder Plus which folks are signed up for these days without knowing about SB desktop, the directions given at the top of this page won't apply.

For desktop version:
Create a plain text navigation - http://www.homesteadconnection.com/Tu...

Create a 'global' navigation as referred to in this thread - http://www.homesteadconnection.com/Tu...

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

I haven't uploaded my new web-site yet because I'm still trying to modify it but am having a problem. My navigation menu, so far just one of them, at times will appear as if the links are double spaced. It won't display entirely, sometimes it is displayed partially on top of a Nav menu above it. It will do this bot in development or preview mode but not all the time. Makes it difficult to get things laid out the way you want.
Any ideas or fixes?
Thanks

Navigation Menu Debacle.